Mbbs Application Form (1 Viewer)

nottellingu

HSC
Hey guys, i was just wanted some advice on filling out the med application form for unsw. What sort of qualities are they looking for? I am having real trouble filling it out as everything i say is very cliche and sort of rubric med stuff that im sure they read year after year. How can i make my application sort of stand out.
Also, how important is the application form and what role does it play in the selection of candidates ?

Tim035

HSC
I'm not sure exactly what the weighting on those questions is, but I guess it acts as a first impression as to what sort of person you are; which could be important prior to you having your interview.
The thing I've heard a couple of times from various people in the med department is that they are looking at your life experiences. What sort of things have you participated in, what things have you done or experienced that may prove you are going to be innovative and laterally thinking; and perhaps more importantly, you've experienced and come to appreciate, and understand people from all walks of life.
You can study day in, day out and know everything under the sun, but if you can't relate to and effectively understand and communicate with your patients; well then, all that knowledge is worth nothing.

And yes, simply listing attributes you believe you have that relate to medicine is going to make you seem mediocre at best. So stay away from saying generic garbage like- I'm a compassionate person with a good understanding of people and a high level of focus and motivation.... etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)