Mechanics!!!! (1 Viewer)

HSC
lol memorising the derivations for tangents and normals to conic sections doesn't make you an expert so stop dat

jyu

HSC
the maths behind mechanics is pretty simple

it's more so understanding what they're asking for/how to get there

i've always thought physics kids had a slight edge when it came to mechanics for this very reason
very true
any other answers to the reaction force question (a few post back)?

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
This.

Even I was good at mechanics and I'm shit at maffs.

This.

Integration
Complex numbers
Mechanics
Volumes
Graphs
Polynomials
Conics
Harder 3U

In that order.

Mechanics:
Always draw free-body diagrams and resolve forces.
When something isn't moving up or down then mg=the force acting upwards.
tan of really small x = sine of really small x
+1

Skeptyks

HSC
Only done resisted motion as of now and it is fairly easy once you get around the idea that in most basic questions there are two variables and as long as you have the "three different types of problems" all memorised than its all good from there.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Only done resisted motion as of now and it is fairly easy once you get around the idea that in most basic questions there are two variables and as long as you have the "three different types of problems" all memorised than its all good from there.
What if they change things around a bit? You most surely won't have it 'memorised'.

Classic example, HSC 2009 Bungee Jump question.

Another one, HSC 2007 Raindrop question.

Please don't 'memorise' the 'types of questions'. It really isn't the best way of learning. Understand the differences and learn to adapt.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
What if they change things around a bit? You most surely won't have it 'memorised'.

Classic example, HSC 2009 Bungee Jump question.

Another one, HSC 2007 Raindrop question.

Please don't 'memorise' the 'types of questions'. It really isn't the best way of learning. Understand the differences and learn to adapt.
This.

Don't memorise, understand the questions and learn how to do Manu variations, learn how to get your mind thinking.
I tried to learn the type of questions that would appear and did really well in my trial (for extension one) but did not do too well in the HSC because the paper was just too different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)