MEd at Tazzy (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I know some people, but none here. It's a good school but they don't use PBL - they're old school.

Waldo

Hiding Somewhere
HSC
Somebody correct me on this but i believe that the pre-req subjects for med at taz is
-bio
-chem
-phy

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
kimmeh said:
theres nothing wrong with that is there? JCU dont do PBL either. I dont know about Bond...
up to u.. if u lik studying that way... i do maths the B Eng kind in the old school ways and they are a lil dull..3-4 lectures and a tut every week,,, information doesnt stick for me

med in PBL is 3 tuts and 2 lectures.. so information is not conveyed but u actualli learn to think.. cos u make mistakes and then some one will find ure mistake and u learn to work thru it..

but both methods hav problems

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Well, content wise HSC Science doesn't fulfil the Tasmanian requirements (but it's still accepted). I don't think Biology is a prerequisite, just "recommended".

inasero

Reborn
HSC
yes bio needs a bridging course
but if u go to UTas im telling u the course must be good, cos its been around for a while, not like the new unis popping up everywhere

inasero

Reborn
HSC
who cares, its been established for a long time, as has the uni itself
thats all that matters
im counting myself lucky that im not the first year guinea pig for unsw...ive heard horror stories..same goes for new five year medical course at monash 2 years ago

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
That's irrelevant though, because even people who have no idea and are applying for all the wrong reasons can be desperate.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
w007! robert cracks his section 1 UMAT whip :D

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
inasero said:
who cares, its been established for a long time, as has the uni itself
thats all that matters
im counting myself lucky that im not the first year guinea pig for unsw...ive heard horror stories..same goes for new five year medical course at monash 2 years ago
i concur.. the 'virgin' PBLers (5th) in Adel get the most crap.. and had the worst experiences.. according to our lecturers..

we hav a whole team of Dr's and educators fixing our course up as we go.. like constant feedback and tips to improve learning.. i think we are one of the PhD in Ed's project :p

inasero

Reborn
HSC
haha ur scientific method suxors bob...(no offence or nething)
think about it...if Adelaide 5th years were the guinea pigs...then how could there possibly be a 'control group' in this context? it doesn't make sense! you mean as in- have half the year do PBL and half the traditional lectures?! :D

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
N00b the control could either be the year immediately before (minimising difference between cohorts) or the same year at UTas, Melbourne etc (not good because of too many uncontrolled environmental variables).

Splitting the cohort in half would be disastrous, because the specimens aren't supposed to know which group they are. How can you make qualified observations if one group knows it's the control?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)