MEd at Tazzy (1 Viewer)

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Splitting the cohort in half would be disastrous, because the specimens aren't supposed to know which group they are. How can you make qualified observations if one group knows it's the control?
yes i agree wholeheartedly! when did i suggest otherwise? you do recognise i was being sarcastic...

N00b the control could either be the year immediately before (minimising difference between cohorts)
hey who's a n00b?! methinks u are t3h n00bi3...think about it- there are differences in cohorts from year to year, even within the same university using the same selection criteria...look at my year and the year above for example...

my second point (supporting the fact that u r a n00b) rests on the fact that you hung yourself with your own rope :). If we can't split a cohort in half cos "the specimens aren't supposed to know which group they are", then how on earth can we use two different year levels studying different methods? That's in essence committing the same experimental errors except with twice the number of people.

Thirdly, your proposal that we could compare two year levels is shot down by my splendiferous observation being this- you're saying that my model is "disastrous" because the two groups would know who they were (i.e. you can't teach a blind curriculum to a cohort of students). But then how about your model? Say students never knew what a PBL/PCL was and were blinded...the experimenters would certainly know and would bring bias into the evaluation...ergo my orginial proposal that we can't have a "control" group as such even when odds adjustment and confidence intervals are taken into account, you said it yourself- "(not good because of too many uncontrolled environmental variables)."

muaAHahAHhAH feel the wrath of my epidemiology!!!!!!!! :D

p|^|nz01231)

Last edited:

nerd2die6

hehehehehehehehe

yeah i might be moving TO tasmania
i heard med there is pretty good

hahahahahahhahehehehehhohohoh

inasero

Reborn
HSC
lexi u still havent replied to my rebuttal...!!

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
god dammit.. wilson.. ure a powergeek.. :p
yer the comment our hospital person made was tat,... the 4th yrs arent as knowledgable as previously

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Actually I was busy doing actual work. Couple that with the fact that I still haven't replaced my glasses and can't stay online more than an hour, and you have prohibitive circumstances.

Besides, I can't be bothered. :p

riewoldt

Just a warning... my parents are both GPs down here in Tassie and obviously have connections with other doctors and people who are studying medicine at UTas and they both reckon it is an absolute shambles.

Obviously I can't comment on the course itself but if this is the generally accepted view of Med at Tas it might be worth your while looking elsewhere...

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
According to the UTas application booklet a new course is being introduced in 2006 - maybe they're in conversion phase, which would explain the shambles?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
meh
docs in NSW think UNSW is goin to the shits..
docs in Sa think adelaide is goin to the shits..

why bother doing med? :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)