med interviews (1 Viewer)

fallingstar

HSC
mmm yeah i've already had an interview for griffith's bachelor of medical science

fallingstar

HSC
Why is there an interview for a Bachelor of Medical Science?
because if you maintain a GPA of at least 5, you are guaranteed into medicine. So basically you do umat + interview for the undergraduate course and bypass the gamsat + interview needed to get into graduate medicine.

btw: UNE interview offers are also out now.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I just got UNSW. With 80 percentile UMAT. =\ And total bullshit response thing about why I wanna become a doctor.

But congratulations Xav. =)

F-O-B

HSC
I just got UNSW. With 80 percentile UMAT. =\ And total bullshit response thing about why I wanna become a doctor.

But congratulations Xav. =)
wow really? was your estimate atar 99? Cos I got 93 percentile in umat with only a 98 estimate and didn't get one

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
wow really? was your estimate atar 99? Cos I got 93 percentile in umat with only a 98 estimate and didn't get one
Um, my estimate was 99.8. Although, my friend and I were just discussing this - you DEFINITELY should've made it.

Revacious above was sorta borderline interview, his estimate was high 98s, (and I don't remember his UMAT).

Last edited:

F-O-B

HSC
Um, my estimate was 99.8. Although, my friend and I were just discussing this - you DEFINITELY should've made it.

Xavier (Revacious) above was sorta borderline interview, his estimate was high 98s, (and I don't remember his UMAT).
Oh. yeah well thats what I thought, I want to go to newcastle so im not really fussed by it, i just thought it was a bit weird.

Congrats though! =)

getintomedicine

HSC
Congrats to everyone offered interviews today. Don't stress too much if you haven't been offered an interview yet: remember that if your actual ATAR turns out being better than your predicted/estimated ATAR, you may still be offered a late round interview at UNSW. Many people get places in Medicine after late round interviews.

Best of luck to everyone in their upcoming interviews.

ogawatugawa

HSC
I got 56 overall score in UMAT, thats 80th percentile, and my ATAR is predicted to be pretty close to 99.50. The table on the UNSW website indicates i needed about 99.25, but on the estimate sheet only 99 could be circled, and I got rejected so I'm assuming they took the 99 circled to mean less than 99.25. What I'm wondering is : If i get my estimate, I should get an interview later right? and also, if they choose their interviews on such specific ATARs, why don't they just put more increments on the estimate sheet? It would be more efficient for them and ensure a higher percentage of the first interviewees are "deserving" by their criteria.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
I got 56 overall score in UMAT, thats 80th percentile, and my ATAR is predicted to be pretty close to 99.50. The table on the UNSW website indicates i needed about 99.25, but on the estimate sheet only 99 could be circled, and I got rejected so I'm assuming they took the 99 circled to mean less than 99.25. What I'm wondering is : If i get my estimate, I should get an interview later right? and also, if they choose their interviews on such specific ATARs, why don't they just put more increments on the estimate sheet? It would be more efficient for them and ensure a higher percentage of the first interviewees are "deserving" by their criteria.
it was actually higher this year, for 56 you need 99.5 [1]
But yes, if you actually do get the required ones, you should get an interview as long as theres not more people that are more deserving than you.
[1] Faculty of Medicine Latest News. http://www.med.unsw.edu.au/medweb.nsf/page/latest_news

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yeah, that's really bad luck. =\

I guess the only way I got an interview with 80th percentile is because my estimate of 99.8 rounded up to 100.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)