• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Media Article: School Leaving Age 18 (1 Viewer)

boris

Banned
HSC
More like you think you're above flipping burgers in a transnational corporation.

bassistx

HSC
boris said:
More like you think you're above flipping burgers in a transnational corporation.
I would rather die than work for them.
And here I am, sitting at home, not working. Then again I'm a student and under 18 (parents taking care of me), so no pressure.

bassistx

HSC
boris said:
Yeah well, you're not trying hard enough then.
Been trying for over 2 years and I've applied at supermarkets, cafes, restaurants, retail stores, etc. No luck whatsoever. Weird too because I have previous work experience.

michael1990

HSC
bassistx said:
Been trying for over 2 years and I've applied at supermarkets, cafes, restaurants, retail stores, etc. No luck whatsoever. Weird too because I have previous work experience.
No one wants you love. Must be because everyone knows how rude you are. And you must not be worth it to employ.

williamc

HSC
boris said:
because she believes that TNC's rip people off and take advantage of certain situations.

*Minka*

HSC
You can force someone to go to school and sit behind a desk. You can not force effort or the actual desire to learn. That has to come from the person themselves and if they don't want to be there, they will just not try and waste the teaches time which could be better spent helping students who actually care.

My cousin Jelena left school at the end of year ten and is now a fully qualified hairdresser and while she is not rich by any means, she is comfortable and employed, so this notion that if you don't finish school you will be a failure is way off the mark.

As others have said, provisions should be made for those who will finish school before they are eighteen. For the next ten years, it is not going to be uncommon for people in Queensland to finish school when they are seventeen and a month old, as was the case with my friend in Brisbane. Forcing her to do another year of study when her plan was to take a gap year and come back to Uni would be unfair.

bassistx

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
You keep harping on about "we", but who the fuck are you on about?
I already fucking told you. MY COHORT, MY CLASSMATES, MY FRIENDS. WE'RE ALL LOSERS, OKAY? Fuck.

michael1990 said:
No one wants you love. Must be because everyone knows how rude you are. And you must not be worth it to employ.
What a fabulous contribution by the smartest person I've come across :rolleyes:

bassistx

HSC
Schroedinger said:
Yeah so why is this a problem? And sure you can get a fucking job, you can walk down to maccas and sign up there, they are always hiring. It's your own laziness and snobby nature that makes you think you're some 'intellectual' that stops you from getting a job.
Like I said, rather die than work for them. It's not laziness. It's called "values" - if you know what they are.
I've personally tried well over 50 times in the course of 2 years.

Why in the FUCK are you even arguing about this, if you don't have the money to get a car you don't get a car. Regardless of where it comes from. That's pretty fucking obvious.
That is the most fucking stupid thing I have ever read. It IS obvious that no money = no car. You seemed to have missed the point though - William says "stay in school so you can get your licence and drive to work and you have to work part-time too so you can actually afford a car". I pointed out the obvious which obviously wasn't so obvious to him. <- I'm sure I could add another "obvious" in there somewhere. You just reaffirmed that I'm right.

If you don't have a job at High School and then are whining about not having things, you're a fucking parasite. What, do you want the government to buy you a car.
Fuck, where did I whinge about not having crap? You're so full of bullshit. I hope inflation crushes you.

bassistx

HSC
Schroedinger said:
A job is a job is a job you stupid cunt. It's not that you can't get a job, it's that you won't take the work you can fucking have and then whine about how it's unfair. I'm so very glad you're obviously going to fail the HSC because it means you won't come to any of the Sydney Universities. One less ranting raving extreme-left-silver-spoon motherfucker for me to wipe off my shoe.
I haven't applied for them - it's not like I've been given an offer and rejected it, you loser.
The plan is to go to ANU/UC so dw, you won't be seeing me around.

bassistx

HSC
Schroedinger said:
Yeah well you can afford those 'values' because you're leeching off your parents. Any way you spin it it makes you look like an ungrateful little sod.
I can afford them because as I stated earlier, I would very much rather die. Get it through your thick head already. This bitch would rather starve.

If you need a car for that situation then, as we've outlined, it's incredibly easy to get a job and save up and purchase said car for not very much money. Also there's public transport, but it's all beside the point.
Would you stop echoing me?

I can't think of one stupid fucker who stayed in school and worked at the same time just so he could get his licence before he started his apprenticeship.

Inflation is a communist invention that came about due to fiat currencies.
Crushes you x 2

Schroedinger said:
But you don't have a job, and then you write about how hard it is out there for a pimp, and expect us to get all teary eyed about how poorly you're being treated? This is nonsense. Utter self-pitying nonsense. Cease posting.
I said I don't have a job because I can't get one (at the places I have applied for). And I said kids shouldn't have to stay in school if they don't want to.
Where is the rest of that dribble coming from?

EDIT: Really can't see you getting into ANU.
UAI of 75 doesn't seem too hard. I'm sure my careers adviser's predictions are much more accurate than yours :rolleyes:

boris

Banned
HSC
I love what this thread has become. I'd belittle bassistx some more but I've got some delicious pizza to eat. Maybe later.

(PS - I bought it from Pizza Hut. I hear they use slave labour to pick the olives. I'm having double olives I think)

michael1990

HSC
boris said:
I love what this thread has become. I'd belittle bassistx some more but I've got some delicious pizza to eat. Maybe later.

(PS - I bought it from Pizza Hut. I hear they use slave labour to pick the olives. I'm having double olives I think)​

LMAO!!!
So funny...

boris

Banned
HSC
Yeah there is nothing wrong with leeching. Just don't whinge like bassistx about how some people can't afford to buy their kids cars, unless their kid has leprosy or muscular dystrophy, they're quite capable of getting a job if they get off their ass.

We do know the circumstances you grommet. She has quite clearly said she has tried to get a job, but failed. In the same breath she also said she would never work for X companies BECAUSE THEY'RE BAD AND IMMORAL. So you know, it stops becoming a case of 'can't' and becomes 'won't'. Won't is just lazy. Especially when you're doing vegetable subjects by Pathways.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
I dont think there is anything wrtong with leeching off your parents in the middle of the HSC.
tl;dr

Nobody cares whether you have a job or not. Bassistx appears to have a sense of entitlement to a motor vehicle despite never having earned it.

These are the issues.

boris

Banned
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
I was not reffering to bassistx circimstances at all (however i can see how ppl may think this sorry) in that i was just saying peoples circimstances in general. although i think bassistx has got it easy doing pathways.
I think it is annoying when ppl hassle me to get a job. I dont want one i dont ask anyone for alot however if i do need something like clothing and school stuff my parents will get it for me. I help them out and even help mum are her work on weekends sometime for no pay.
Then you're obviously missing the point of the discussion.

What we, well I, was arguing against, was letting kids drop out of school at or after year 10, so they can sit at home and do nothing. If they've gone to year 12 and are taking a gap year before they go to uni, you atleast know they're eventually going to do something productive.

Taking a year off because year 10 was so strenuous and you can't hack it only leads to trouble. (Which lead us to the poor people argument which eventuated into this argument)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
boris said:
Then you're obviously missing the point of the discussion.

What we, well I, was arguing against, was letting kids drop out of school at or after year 10, so they can sit at home and do nothing. If they've gone to year 12 and are taking a gap year before they go to uni, you atleast know they're eventually going to do something productive.
Hey on that point

If you make kids go to year 12 because they would have left at year 10 and done nothing, what's stopping them from going to year 12 and then doing nothing anyway?

boris

Banned
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Hey on that point

If you make kids go to year 12 because they would have left at year 10 and done nothing, what's stopping them from going to year 12 and then doing nothing anyway?
Nothing. If there that derelict and inclined to do it, then meh. I just don't think it's healthy for kids who can't hack it after year 10 to sit around and do nothing, it often leads to boredom which leads to trouble! (Which leads us back to the povo people argument!)

I'm not saying make them go to year 12, I'm just saying don't let them drop out at 15 and give them a free pass to do nothing.

boris

Banned
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
what would u prefer them sitting aroud and doing nothing or them in year 12 pushing everyone elses (including u)marks down due to the lack of work they will do
i think that if they want to leave let them or keep them in school and teach them life skills like job hunting, cooking, other skills that will help them and that they will actually use like communication skills
READ THE REST OF MY FUCKING POSTS YOU GROMMET

ME said:
I'm not saying make them go to year 12, I'm just saying don't let them drop out at 15 and give them a free pass to do nothing.
ME said:
So? We're just encouraging them to be fucking hopeless by letting them drop out and do nothing. If they can't hack it in school because of behavioural or learning problems the worst thing we can do is to give them a FREE pass to do nothing.

They can go out and get a job or learn a trade. Fuck letting them sit on welfare because they can't handle it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)