• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Media gone too far? (1 Viewer)

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
tWiStEdD said:
i'm afraid of posting.

i dont like the way that thorrnydevil cannot resist siding with me. it brings me down :(
Good, don't post. Do us all a favour.

How am I siding with you?

Ziff

HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
Yes...
We don't need hospitals.. We can just go to Sydney hospitals where we wait 7 hours or assistance... And then die from some disease anyway.
Way to go, city represents the majority of people and it's still up to shit, see if I care...
Hah. Like we get funding. The only funding we get out here is supplying the aboriginal communities with free syringes so they dont share.

And yeah, don't assist the farmers with drought. I don't know where city people think food comes from...
OH I KNOW IT GET'S MADE IN THE FACTORY! Yaaay!!! Genetically modified food.
*shrugs*
Do you think your water supply in Sydney is going to last forever, or do they make water in the factory along with meat? When it does, do you think you're going to get assistance for being fucktards with no respect for the environment or unsustainable resources...

You don't know how fucked up your argument is. The debate is equality, giving everybody in this country equal benefits. Abolishing minority groups and becoming "one nation". Thats the entire fucking argument you tools. Haha. I cant believe that was the best you could come up with.

Go suck on an exhaust pipe and be done with it...
Explain why you get discounts on diesel fuel and drought assistance then?

K

katie_tully

Here we go again
Thing with bleeding heart liberals is they like to make a big deal out of nothing, and always feel the need to make a victim group.
Thing is, nobody has told the minority groups to fuck off.

Go look up the word equality, and then go suck on the exhaust pipe cretin. Stop smoking bongs in your hippie cafes and you might have some brain cells left.

E Q U A L I T Y

ABOLISHING MINORITY groups so that this NATION becomes ONE.
Giving farmers drought assistance isn't the same as giving aboriginals benefits that tax paying non aboriginals cant access. Most of the money farmers get we've had to fund raise from charity events because the government gives us jack shit anyway.
We're not seeking assistance because we're a minority group you fucktards, the assistance is being sought due to A DROUGHT WHICH IS AFFECTING EVERYBODY.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
do you have a basic understanding of what a minorty group is!?

...country people...the majority of people live in the cities...therefore country people are a minority...as a minority they may be disadvantaged...?

Now A aboriginal people are a disadvanatged minority? Do whats the difference?

Do we help minorities or do well tell some minorities to 'fuck off'...
1. Who told them to fuck off?

2. Your completely missing the point. Katie is saying that there needs to be more EQUALITY in the social security system, not take it all away.

3. Why do you always manipulate what people say to make it suit yourself?

K

katie_tully

thorrnydevil said:
1. Who told them to fuck off?

2. Your completely missing the point. Katie is saying that there needs to be more EQUALITY in the social security system, not take it all away.

3. Why do you always manipulate what people say to make it suit yourself?
OH CAN I ANSWER QUESTION 3???!

Because he's a tool. If you can't win an argument, fabricate another one!

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
OH CAN I ANSWER QUESTION 3???!

Because he's a tool. If you can't win an argument, fabricate another one!
BING BING BING!!!

Katie is our winner!!!

Ziff

HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
Here we go again
Thing with bleeding heart liberals is they like to make a big deal out of nothing, and always feel the need to make a victim group.
Thing is, nobody has told the minority groups to fuck off.

Go look up the word equality, and then go suck on the exhaust pipe cretin. Stop smoking bongs in your hippie cafes and you might have some brain cells left.

E Q U A L I T Y

ABOLISHING MINORITY groups so that this NATION becomes ONE.
Giving farmers drought assistance isn't the same as giving aboriginals benefits that tax paying non aboriginals cant access. Most of the money farmers get we've had to fund raise from charity events because the government gives us jack shit anyway.
We're not seeking assistance because we're a minority group you fucktards, the assistance is being sought due to A DROUGHT WHICH IS AFFECTING EVERYBODY.
That can all be debated. It's also good how you didn't answer the question on the diesel subsidy that we in the city have to pay to you.

And that's right, the drought affects EVERYONE, so why do the minority farmers get the assistance and we in the urban areas don't? Seems like discrimination towards a minority to me.

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
Somewhere over the rainbow... yes, that rainbow.
HSC
katie_tully said:
E Q U A L I T Y
I realise there is more to what you were saying than this, but that was the gist of it.

It would be really really nice if equality existed between the various parts of Australian society - absolutely you beaut. However, at this point in time, abolishing the various payments and other help given to disadvantaged minorities in our society will do nothing but entrench the differences between the minorities and the majority as they stand now. Sure, it might be absolutely unquestionably equal in financial terms - but is that all we stand for? Is the dollar the bottom question here?

The answer is no, unless we are all heartless bitches and bastards, which i doubt, even though some of the stuff i read seems to suggest otherwise.

There is a component of fairness. Yes, fairness. Fairness is different from equality in that it looks beyond the here and now, and the fact of the whole matter is that there are major inequalities in our society that are VERY unfair as they stand now.
In the case of our indigenous people: most of them enjoy nowhere near the services, or more importantly, the opportunities, that most of us here bitching about it enjoy.
Katie, your beloved equality and national unity cannot exist when there are parts of the country with third world living standards: life expectancy, substance abuse, poor educational standards, poor health, infant mortality, unemployment, domestic violence - all at far worse rates than in the non-indigenous community. I challenge you to tell me that all these problems are
A) the fault of the laziness/genetic inferiority/etc of our indigenous population and/or
B) that these problems would magically improve by ignoring them and cutting the iniatives that are being taken, and as such by treating the indigenous and rural populations exactly the same as everyone else would solve their problems, the scale and combination of which is unique to this minority and needs to be addressed as such.
And you can't tell me that - it would defy logic.
Ms Hanson's proposals back in 1996 were similarly shortsighted in that they failed to acknowledge the role the government has in helping less advantaged members of our community.

Lazy man's summary of what I just said:
Equality does not necessarily mean fairness.
Our indigenous communities have problems that can't be ignored.

K

katie_tully

mervvyn said:
I realise there is more to what you were saying than this, but that was the gist of it.

It would be really really nice if equality existed between the various parts of Australian society - absolutely you beaut. However, at this point in time, abolishing the various payments and other help given to disadvantaged minorities in our society will do nothing but entrench the differences between the minorities and the majority as they stand now. Sure, it might be absolutely unquestionably equal in financial terms - but is that all we stand for? Is the dollar the bottom question here?

The answer is no, unless we are all heartless bitches and bastards, which i doubt, even though some of the stuff i read seems to suggest otherwise.

There is a component of fairness. Yes, fairness. Fairness is different from equality in that it looks beyond the here and now, and the fact of the whole matter is that there are major inequalities in our society that are VERY unfair as they stand now.
In the case of our indigenous people: most of them enjoy nowhere near the services, or more importantly, the opportunities, that most of us here bitching about it enjoy.
Katie, your beloved equality and national unity cannot exist when there are parts of the country with third world living standards: life expectancy, substance abuse, poor educational standards, poor health, infant mortality, unemployment, domestic violence - all at far worse rates than in the non-indigenous community. I challenge you to tell me that all these problems are
A) the fault of the laziness/genetic inferiority/etc of our indigenous population and/or
B) that these problems would magically improve by ignoring them and cutting the iniatives that are being taken, and as such by treating the indigenous and rural populations exactly the same as everyone else would solve their problems, the scale and combination of which is unique to this minority and needs to be addressed as such.
Ms Hanson's proposals back in 1996 were similarly shortsighted in that they failed to acknowledge the role the government has in helping less advantaged members of our community.

By world standards the entire country is 3rd world with first class living conditions, yet tax payers are paying for benefits they do not recieve. That is NOT equality.

K

katie_tully

Ziff said:
That can all be debated. It's also good how you didn't answer the question on the diesel subsidy that we in the city have to pay to you.

And that's right, the drought affects EVERYONE, so why do the minority farmers get the assistance and we in the urban areas don't? Seems like discrimination towards a minority to me.
Sydney isn't getting drought assistance? Bah ha. Ha ha ha. Ha ha ha. Ha.
Ha.
ha.
I'll brb, I need to go and stop the dribble down my leg.

You know that post dipshit made about not supplying the country with water? It's actually the reverse. The government wants to channel the rivers near Bowral to Sydney to support the water supply which is diminishing at a rapid rate.
Tools.

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
Somewhere over the rainbow... yes, that rainbow.
HSC
katie_tully said:
By world standards the entire country is 3rd world with first class living conditions, yet tax payers are paying for benefits they do not recieve. That is NOT equality.
I just had a post but I clicked something and lost it.

The gist was:

As a taxpayer of Australia, you pay for things that you do not receive, so that in your own time of need, you recieve things that you do not pay for. It's called welfare and it's one of the fundamentals of our society. If you don't like that obligation, to look after those with less opportunity than you, go to the US, where disadvantage IS racially and generationally entrenched, and see how you like it.

With your first point, it's not about the number, first or third... it's about the fact that the living conditions in our indigenous communities are, well... shit is the best word. It is neither fair NOR equal and it is hardly the mark of a fair and equal and unified society to do nothing about its problems.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
You guys (Asquithian, Ziff, mervvyn etc.) must be extremely compassionate.. not to mention patient to continue arguing here with someone whose p.o.v is clearly somewhere over political rainbow, and her lemming. Keep it up guys :)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I'm sorry, but even if Pauline Hanson's idiotic policies, xenophobia and the generally unintelligent, uneducated vibe she gives off weren't ....unappealing to me to say the least, I'd still say (especially judging by that SMH picture), that she's pretty damn far from sexy.

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
So is Latham.... he looks like a child that fell out of the ugly tree.
Howard has bushy eyebrows, he clearly is growing them for the sake of having the biggest eyebrows around. That and his god ugly glasses.

Last edited:
K

katie_tully

jim_green said:
You guys (Asquithian, Ziff, mervvyn etc.) must be extremely compassionate.. not to mention patient to continue arguing here with someone whose p.o.v is clearly somewhere over political rainbow, and her lemming. Keep it up guys :)
Here's an idea ... We let you tools have control over the country so that in 10 years we've come to an economical stand still.
There's a political rainbow? If so, I think you're sadly mistaken. Hanson's view isn't a rainbow, if anything Latham is the one off in fairy land and you little pixies can go and sniff some glue with him.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
Sydney isn't getting drought assistance? Bah ha. Ha ha ha. Ha ha ha. Ha.
Ha.
ha.
I'll brb, I need to go and stop the dribble down my leg.

You know that post dipshit made about not supplying the country with water? It's actually the reverse. The government wants to channel the rivers near Bowral to Sydney to support the water supply which is diminishing at a rapid rate.
Tools.
That's called economic progress. The sign of a good economy thanks to Labor and Liberal governments allows them to engage in large scale projects such as diverting water. Do you even know how dam systems work? You take the water from where it is to where it's needed. Not a hard concept to grasp.

On the other hand, it might be for you. Using our tax dollars for your own tawdry benefit. Diesel fuel subsidies and drought assistance both MONETARY are creating inequality and robbing us hard working and educated city people.

Just some statistics though:
Tully is from Tullamore.
Twistedd is from Bega.
Thorrny is from Port Macquarie.

What does this tell us? They are all from rural areas. No wonder they are arguing the line that they should keep their benefits and at the same time the benefits should be taken from Aboriginals for the sake of "equality". Who stands to gain more money from such an expedition? THE RURAL PEOPLE! If there's more money to go around, they might be able to some how scab more from the Federal and State governments so they can continue to hoard their money around and not work like the majority of people.

Taking money from the Aboriginals isn't going to get you increased diesel subsidy funds. Clearly, your arguments are operating out of economic selfishness only.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
mervvyn said:

exactly, have you seen the statistics regarding the state of ATSI health etc. ? it's bloody appalling.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Ziff said:
On the other hand, it might be for you. Using our tax dollars for your own tawdry benefit. Diesel fuel subsidies and drought assistance both MONETARY are creating inequality and robbing us hard working and educated city people.

Just some statistics though:
Tully is from Tullamore.
Twistedd is from Bega.
Thorrny is from Port Macquarie.

What does this tell us? They are all from rural areas. No wonder they are arguing the line that they should keep their benefits and at the same time the benefits should be taken from Aboriginals for the sake of "equality". Who stands to gain more money from such an expedition? THE RURAL PEOPLE! If there's more money to go around, they might be able to some how scab more from the Federal and State governments so they can continue to hoard their money around and not work like the majority of people.

Taking money from the Aboriginals isn't going to get you increased diesel subsidy funds. Clearly, your arguments are operating out of economic selfishness only.
...ziff I may be in that queue, but lay off the rural ppl. regional areas do have their share of unemployed but then so do the cities. the unemployed in the cities often go to rural areas to find jobs in fact. and many of ATSI live in rural areas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)