• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Medical Interviews (1 Viewer)

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
~Fire Jade~ said:
siddharthlaha or anybody who's already done UMAT prep...ummm...what's it like? I know it's heaps expensive...I've gathered that but I'm still not sure whether it is worth it...and can anybody fill me in on more details about *what* you learn?
Thnx...much appreciated. lols. >-<
You basically learn about how to do the questions, and they give you a database of heaps of questions which is really helpful cause it gives you practise. Oh and u do some interview prep aswell.

populusque

HSC
One of my friends got 99.8, aced UMAT, but didn't make it into Med at Syd U. the interview system's meant to be as discriminatory as names from a hat, anyway. I want to do postgrad Med, I've given up hope for undergrad! I'm going to take it easy and just do BSci or BEng at USyd/ UNSW

doink

Clone
HSC
populusque said:
One of my friends got 99.8, aced UMAT, but didn't make it into Med at Syd U. the interview system's meant to be as discriminatory as names from a hat, anyway. I want to do postgrad Med, I've given up hope for undergrad! I'm going to take it easy and just do BSci or BEng at USyd/ UNSW
Thats because undergrad med @ syd requires a uai of 99.95 for bsc(adv)/mbbs or ba(adv)/mbbs and 99.5 for bmusic/mbbs and it doesnt take into account the umat

~Fire Jade~

HSC
populusque said:
One of my friends got 99.8, aced UMAT, but didn't make it into Med at Syd U.... I want to do postgrad Med, I've given up hope for undergrad! I'm going to take it easy and just do BSci or BEng at USyd/ UNSW
Whoa...99.8...Your friend must be majorly ticked off but then again USYD needs a UAI of 99.95. Did ur friend make it into UNSW for medicine? I'd seriously die to get a UAI of 99.8 (but then again a UAI is not worth dying for...lol T-T :lol: ) Oh, and don't give up on trying to get into undergrad for med. Looking at my current results, my chances to get tinto med are slim...but if I never try I won't ever find out...so I'm gonnay try anywayz.....:apig:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)