Medical Physics v Quanta to Quarks (1 Viewer)

ebbygoo

HSC
Hey guys.

Im currently tossing and turning on which one to do.

My class is doing Q2Q, and I asked my teacher who said I could if I wanted, but I really don't find Q2Q interesting, where as I like the medical content.

If anyone has any thoughts on the issue, or, have done med, whats your thoughts???
Will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

HSC
do what your classdoes asit willbe easier,if your confident and if you can get advise then go for it!!!

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Do what your class does unless your teacher does not teach content.

My teacher was very good at explaining all the things we needed to do to get a Band 6, but barely would teach us the content, which was up to us.

My teacher let our class do whatever option we wanted, and I picked the one that most interested me, Age of Silicon.

In the end it was my favourite topic in Physics, was super easy and I most likely got 23+/25 in my final HSC exam for it because I really liked the topic and did super well at it as a result.

So if your teacher won't leave you behind by teaching Q2Q content to the rest of the class, do whatever you like most.

If your teacher is very good at explaining the content and helping on that note, do Q2Q as that is the safest choice. I took a gamble with my option, but it was a great choice in the end as I knew what I was doing.

If you do the option yourself, you will be forced to have more pressure on yourself to do well in the topic.

And by the way, I would say you still have 3 months left to decide and start on what option you want to do. Flip through the content of both a little.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Nah we are doing it now lol
Wow what.

You can't though. You need I2I for both Medical Physics and Q2Q.

You only need M&G for AOS, but still I did it last and it was my strongest section.

ebbygoo

HSC
The way we are doing it is... unique lol.

First term: Motors and generators
Second: Elective
Third: Space
Four: I2I

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
That is just a bad method.

If you are considering doing other option modules, then maybe you would be better off doing space now, then M&G then the option.

You will come across MRI in Medical and be like "What is this I haven't done superconductivity yet" and come across Einstein and Planck and Electric/Magnetic fields in Q2Q and be like "What is this I don't know about electric and magnetic plates deflection or what happened to Einstein or Planck."

So some dot-points will be all over the place as most option modules require knowledge from the core content.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)