Medical Science at UNSW or USyd? (1 Viewer)

Anonymous1

HSC
jessi90 said:
I'm not really a physics person - I think taking Fundamentals at UNSW will be enough for the GAMSAT. I'd say I'm good at maths but I'm only doing 2 unit maths at school, so obviously advanced units are out of the equation! I think all this is leading me to choose the UNSW course, where we can use minimal physics/maths. And also I don't mind talking (SCIF)
That shouldn't be the case at all. I only took general maths during HSC - & before uni started taught myself most of 2u and parts of 3u & 4u. I took the regular units first semester, and now they let me take the advanced units this semester. So, don't be disheartened by 2u of math - if you perform particularly well you could always take advanced units first semester (or get special consideration). Same scenario with physics & chem.

jessi90 said:
About advanced units, what's the difference in terms of scaling? Can you still get HDs in regular units?
You can definitely get HD's in regular units, & even in life science units. You shouldn't worry too much about scaling - just pick the units based on what level of understanding you want to know.

N@VM@N

HSC
omg scif1111 is a lame excuse for a subject. If ur mathy like me i don't think you would enjoy scif1111, the marks are simple enough to get but really i'd rather have had the elective instead... the first set of lectures is a philosophy lecture...its okay if ur into that kind of thing...the second set of lectures is history lectures....this was the least boring part....but the tutorials are ridiculous!! its a total waste of time!

if i was wanting to do med sci, i'd risk the physics, just so i didnt have the feelling of smashing my face in with a hammer every time i had to go to scif tute

the whole thing is like a English course, so if ur into that go for it!

supababe

HSC
why analyse the advantages of med science when u can analyse my soft skin......and run ur fingers through my smooth hair. Stroke my arms

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Personally I'd choose just a plain old sci course, you're not bounded by Med Sci to choose this and that. With Sci you can simply follow a Major (i.e. Physics) and stick with it. Any leftover slots in each semester can be used to do elective courses (easy grab for marks --> higher WAM).

Not to mention u can escape doing the scif course.

Tim035

HSC
Med Sci is a lie and a joke, it honestly is ONLY good for those looking at post grad courses in medicine, pharmacy etc; or for those that are willing to take the risk of trying to find employment in academia upon completing a PhD. If you are already stuck half way through med sci, I'd advise doing as many analytical & quantitative style subjects as you can, so that you can use these 'skills' to try and get a job in the investment banking or consulting sectors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)