Medical Science: UTS or Macquarie (1 Viewer)

PencilKC

HSC
Received an offer for B Med Sci from both UTS and Macquarie. I'm not sure where to go and I would like to hear people's opinions and why to decide.

Macquarie would be a closer travel by both car and train but needed to transfer at Chatswood whereas UTS would be a single train ride to Central.

I think I'm going to try to do postgraduate dentristry/pharmacy or do the UMAT

Now then, please advise me

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Macquarie's train line is currently being upgraded/closed at the moment so you'd be catching a bus from Chatswood/St Leonards etc.

I Have heard good experiences regarding medical science at both UTS and MQ.

UTS has trimesters whilst MQ has normal semesters.

I know MQ has extra study support for certain units earlier in your degree, (UTS may well have that to which you may want to look into).

I'd suggest visting both MQ and UTS campus to have a "feel" for the enviroment you'll be spending the next few years in.

jjnn

HSC
Uni Grad
I would suggest MQ since if your planning to do postgraduate medicine at MQ, that way you can get in with a lower gpa/wam in your med sci degree since you studied at their university. However, UTS is good to if you are wanting to study pharmacy as a postgraduate as they may be able to low the requirement gpa/wam for pharmacy for you since you studied at their university, also their in the city so it will be fun to study there.

Remember though you are taught all the same thing and if you plan to transfer to med with ucat after one year, it is best to do med sci with a uni with an undergraduate med program already as it is easier to get in internally then externally into undergraduate med.

Good luck with your choice and study and hope all goes well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)