• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Medical Science VS Advanced Science (2 Viewers)

plasticities

HSC
do you go to lectures

what do you look like
Yeah I go to pretty much all the lectures. Umm I'm kinda tall, long brown hair, probably most easily recognised by my black ray ban prescription glasses. Oh wow, I didn't know there were that many. Who else is there?

Helpoz

HSC
Yeah I decided to go Science (Advanced) since it seems like the safer option. @ Alstah thanks for helping me out with the Arts degree - it sounds like it could have been better if I knew which majors to take and stuff but it sounds confusing haha.

@plasticities, since you're doing the degree, what do you want to do after finishing degree? - it doesn't sound like you're doing gamsat or anything.

jnney

lemon
HSC
not really tbh.

I'm thinking of swapping to BSc(Adv)/BE if I don't get into med because I think MedSc is probs more about research and shiz so it's not very Enggy. I might major in maths and biochem/Chem/something because maths is relevant to Engg but also it is good for thinking skills in UMAT/GAMSAT/life.
how are you finding molecular biology and genetics at the moment?

plasticities

HSC
@plasticities, since you're doing the degree, what do you want to do after finishing degree? - it doesn't sound like you're doing gamsat or anything.
Yeah I'm not planning on doing medicine or the GAMSAT. After my degree, ideally I would like to something postgrad, preferably a PhD, if my honours is good enough.

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I go to pretty much all the lectures. Umm I'm kinda tall, long brown hair, probably most easily recognised by my black ray ban prescription glasses. Oh wow, I didn't know there were that many. Who else is there?
where do u sit?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
how are you finding molecular biology and genetics at the moment?
Terrible.

Shouldn't have done advanced, they just expect you to know everything, I am in the very first lab group so often I have assignments due before we cover the things in them in the lectures, it could be run better.

The labs are only in the afternoon so if you do the advanced subjects and have 8am starts you will be fucked by the end of them. YAY!

jnney

lemon
HSC
Terrible.

Shouldn't have done advanced, they just expect you to know everything, I am in the very first lab group so often I have assignments due before we cover the things in them in the lectures, it could be run better.

The labs are only in the afternoon so if you do the advanced subjects and have 8am starts you will be fucked by the end of them. YAY!
What do you mean by that?

Helpoz

HSC
Terrible.

:O Can you expand a bit more? I'm still not sure how it works - don't you get to pick which electives you want to do? Is it an issue for the specific uni you chose to go to? Do you still think MedSci is the better choice?

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
It means you actually have to study! *Gasp*

(How inconvenient)

(But seriously, MBLG is less exciting than watching paint dry).

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, like, it's just what I said.

We have theory assignments like every 4 weeks of something

And since I'm in the first lab group ever a whole bunch of shit in there wasn't covered in the lectures yet so I had to buy the textbook and go ahead (which is terrible because the subject is terrible)

And then they taught it on the day it was due and I was like "I fucking hate everyone in this room"

Cunts.

:O Can you expand a bit more? I'm still not sure how it works - don't you get to pick which electives you want to do? Is it an issue for the specific uni you chose to go to? Do you still think MedSci is the better choice?
It's just the one subject and I think it's more because I do the advanced one, I think they hold your hand a lot more in regular, which you can get away with doing if you do medsc.

It means you actually have to study! *Gasp*

(How inconvenient)

(But seriously, MBLG is less exciting than watching paint dry).
Shuddup, it was bad

And I agree, it's terribad

Also, I legit know who you are. I can't stop seeing you wherever we have class together now. Ew.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
Shuddup, it was bad

And I agree, it's terribad

Also, I legit know who you are. I can't stop seeing you wherever we have class together now. Ew.
Now you know my pain, awkward as fuck.

Why so pass aggress mahn.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Now you know my pain, awkward as fuck.
I'm just going to say hi next time I see you.

I think it's probably because under normal circumstances we would never associate so it's awk.

Why so pass aggress mahn.
I just say "ew" and "yay" about everything.

But it's mostly ew because it's awk.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm just going to say hi next time I see you.

I think it's probably because under normal circumstances we would never associate so it's awk.
Hey, it's not like I never planned to say hi or anything. The opportunity just never came up, and I have pretty long days so I'm always tired as hell in the afternoons. I don't want to come off as moody/passive aggressive when I'm meeting anyone for the first time.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey, it's not like I never planned to say hi or anything. The opportunity just never came up, and I have pretty long days so I'm always tired as hell in the afternoons. I don't want to come off as moody/passive aggressive when I'm meeting anyone for the first time.
Haha, you know are timetables are pretty similar except I have 8am maths 3 days, right? So, I'm probs gonna be tired as fuck too.

Also, I was going to say hi before, but I'm not actually sure if it's you or just someone I think is you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)