• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Medical Students HOLIDAY Work Available! (1 Viewer)

= Jennifer =

HSC
Casual Pathology Collectors (mayne health)

Students studying medicine or medical science (3rd year+) are encouraged to apply!

Venepuncture experience is highly regarded, how ever training will be provided to the right applicant.

Essential:

Excellent customer service skills

Positive 'can do' attitude

Understanding of OH&S procedures

Ability to work independently and as a team

You will report to your team leader. These positions are based in our centres throughout the Sydney metro area.

Looking forward to earning some extra money over the christmas break?

Look forward to working with a friendly and supportive team, with a commitment to success and oustanding patient care?

Apply now!

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
working for poisons information centre is better. $20/hour and good experience. My sisters mate did this for a while during uni.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
yeah
medical work.. shudders..

im going back to coles. .. :)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Australia Post for me. $22.71 an hour, and absolutely no clients, patients, or customers of any kind. Wouldn't mind the pathology work during semester though.

M_I_K_E

HSC
N/A
Write UMAT questions...hehehe. Up to $60 an hour depending on how hard you wanna work :p

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
haha $60 an hour is nice.. problem is.. mine would be the same question 30 times.. using a thesaurus..

do u get many hours tho?.... cos atm im on 15-20 hrs a week so it not to bad... no thinking :)

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
yeah, who want's to get paid thinking during the holidays

we all want to go back to uni next year in A vegetated state

Last edited:

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
ROFL..
"Two trains leave for Melb and one leaves from adelaide and the other from sydney, One travels at 80km/h and the other at 90km/h..... What do u say to a patient if they had metastatic cancer?"

thats the questions i invision.. from u..

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
A colorectal surgeon is elbow deep in fat and says "yo momma's so fat, that when i diagnosed her with the flesh eating disease I gave her 5 years to live"

This health professional has shown misconduct. What else could he have done instead of commenting on the patients.. uh.. size?

(a) Crack a better joke, or learn to have better taste in medical humour
(b) Use secret codes like 'adipose' and 'lipids'
(c) Respect the patient
(d) Disregard it and crack it again to get the others in the OR in a lighter mood.

we actually got a question similar to this in our professional practice paper. I was like WTF!!??

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Nah I'd lay off the actual doctoring.

"Twenty years ago you were called out to deliver a baby 400km from the nearest town. On arrival you found that the baby required a forceps delivery, but the only equipment available were some sticks and a bottle of Toilet Duck. How many months of bargaining and obscure letter-writing would it take to reach a settlement of $500k?"

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Lexicographer said:
Australia Post for me. $22.71 an hour, and absolutely no clients, patients, or customers of any kind. Wouldn't mind the pathology work during semester though.
Post is so boring :p

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Lexicographer said:
Nah I'd lay off the actual doctoring.

"Twenty years ago you were called out to deliver a baby 400km from the nearest town. On arrival you found that the baby required a forceps delivery, but the only equipment available were some sticks and a bottle of Toilet Duck. How many months of bargaining and obscure letter-writing would it take to reach a settlement of $500k?"
on a serious note..
we both know some rural aboriginal communities have been shafted so hard by the govt.. ud be lucky to see toilet duck.. its more appropriate if u found a can of petrol.. or a bottle of JW..
id go macgyver.. if i had 4 sticks

altho.. tat professional conduct one from newcastle is gold :p...
alternatively.. a follow up question would be
explain to a patient's family...
"yo momma's so fat, that when i diagnosed her with the flesh eating disease I gave her 5 years to live"
- Your mother high adiposity has resulted in necrotisizing fasciitis, prognosis wise there is about a 5 yrs survival rate of zero.

Last edited:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Post isn't too boring, and it beats having to deal with customers. Especially at this time of year.

As for the government, hell yes. However, the JW would probably make a superior disinfectant.

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
i want to be a garbo...

during the holidays that is. It'll be cool. Maybe for the first day, I'd probably quit afterwards.

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
good point...
working at subway pays about 17.50 an hour. I reckon that's pretty good

but work in general sucks... it's so depressing. Lets start a company of some sort.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Yeah, we can call it "trillien!" You see you get a big number, spell it badly, and the cash just rolls in...

Whoops I forgot about "Trillian". Damn. How about "Squilliun"?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)