Medicine šŸ˜Ž (1 Viewer)

JeydinNewWon

HSC
How much Anal did you give him to get him to send that to you that early?
Honestly, I didn't do anything. I guess back then I still had that trust and tried asking what you guys were asking whilst acting very naive and friendly as to not seem a threat in the hope I might get an answer. In a way, I played it off as a dumb sentimental question reserved for a friend.

HSC
Hey. I just wanted to say this to everyone. I KNEW the day Sonic got his ATAR and went offline for a week to get 99.65 I knew he wasnā€™t exactly telling the truth. I deliberately googled his school to find out the highest wasnā€™t his score. I even asked him about it and he said ā€œhe just didnā€™t keep in contact with the schoolā€. (Check the image below)

In a way, I was the first one to figure out his ATAR wasnā€™t true as he said it was. This was because more or less I knew his marks for English was <90 and for other subjects Sonic and Iā€™s marks were pretty much similar with Sonic scoring slightly lower on average. I knew that English greatly affects one ATAR and looking up his HSC results on his profile and comparing them with HSCNinjaā€™s honour roll, I knew what his name was and what subjects he scored Band 6 in. (Yes I am rather talented at stalking...not that this is a beneficial skill). His result(s) did not line up with a 99.65 ATAR score and I knew something was fishy but I did not say anything. Reason behind this is because I genuinely believed and viewed him as a friend and didnā€™t want to cause that drama for him. I didnā€™t want to be the one to hurt him or be the cause of any personal drama which I second guessed and didnā€™t know for certain was true. I had the evidence but I could not bring myself to prosecute him.

Even though he lied to me, I opened up my account again today to message him, hoping that he could take care of my poor best friend who got into UNSW Medicine. My friend was someone who wasnt the brightest but he was the kindest person I knew and had to study HSC in an essentially 4 metre square room. He had barely any space for himself and he was really poor, going to the same disadvantaged school as I and ranking low in his subjects. On top of that, because of my problems, I yelled at him so many times when I got angry with him and I gave him a hard time because of my personal mental issues and I felt so guilty for it. When he told me he got into med, I literally cried so much and came online here to ask Sonic to take care of him for me and to make sure he doesnā€™t get stressed and check up on him because I know he doesnā€™t like to say anything about his problems. But I just get encountered with this and while I did know all along from a week after HSC results released I find it hard to believe/accept.

I donā€™t know if Sonic will see this, but I understand why he did what he did and I donā€™t hold anything against him or convict him. I choose personally to forgive and forget this but I just hope he can do well in his finance course. Iā€™m sorry I brought up this drama again and Iā€™m sincerely sorry to everyone that I did not say anything.

Honestly I am personally crying atm because I feel pretty hurt that I would be lied to. I knew I probably was being lied to but at the same time I didnā€™t want to admit it. I thought we were close enough friends and that we could trust/ask each other these things. Sonic was always very smart and I always believed in him and his ability, and if he got that ATAR I wouldnā€™t have batted an eye.
i don't understand, he probably just didn't wanna share it and he still doesn't need to, and if people kept bugging him and asking for it, it just feels shitty for him as he didn't achieve what he expected hence he probably said that ATAR. i get that's its hard since you viewed him as a friend but I don't feel like he had to come here and live up to everyone's expectations for his ATAR. but just saying that he doesn't wanna share would've been enough. but whatever, its just a number.

JeydinNewWon

HSC
i don't understand, he probably just didn't wanna share it and he still doesn't need to, and if people kept bugging him and asking for it, it just feels shitty for him as he didn't achieve what he expected hence he probably said that ATAR. i get that's its hard since you viewed him as a friend but I don't feel like he had to come here and live up to everyone's expectations for his ATAR. but just saying that he doesn't wanna share would've been enough. but whatever, its just a number.
Yes, I did understand that, which is why I didn't hold anything against him, and I knew why he would do it. It's why I held back from telling people about what I did know, I didn't want to cause any drama or embarrassment for him if it really was the case he lied.

Directrix

Forklift Certified
HSC
Yes, I did understand that, which is why I didn't hold anything against him, and I knew why he would do it. It's why I held back from telling people about what I did know, I didn't want to cause any drama or embarrassment for him if it really was the case he lied.
I mean, if he said an ATAR between 99 and 99.4, we would believe him and none of this would have happened

HSC
I mean, if he said an ATAR between 99 and 99.4, we would believe him and none of this would have happened
but he doesn't have to tell anyone his ATAR. just a thought, by constantly being asked about and whether he received 99. whatever do you not think he was pressured to lie about it into leaving BOS, again its just a number dk why yall had to fuss over it so much, STILL A GREAT RESULT!!

Directrix

Forklift Certified
HSC
but he doesn't have to tell anyone his ATAR. just a thought, by constantly being asked about and whether he received 99. whatever do you not think he was pressured to lie about it into leaving BOS, again its just a number dk why yall had to fuss over it so much, STILL A GREAT RESULT!!
Not if you're in a selective environment and have the standards of 99+ with possibility for a state rank. Like how @tokyocalling made that thread.

It doesn't define you, but some people have expectations that can be the difference of getting into a dream course without delay, people would fuss about getting 98, others would be happy with 60. In no means is that (in regards to his high 97) a bad result, but for his goals that include admission into UNSW Medicine, he fell short.

His standards involve getting into a Med Degree, and unless you're rural or have an outstanding UCAT, you won't get into the course unless you have 99.6+ (Because of the sheer number of applicants) which influenced @Speedā€™oā€™sound Sonic to lie about that 99.65.

^Also before he made his profile private, he hyped me and perhaps other students wanting to purse medical by saing "I'll post my marks/atar on the 18th after the last HSC exam", however no-one has access to it after he limited his profile. So it would be fine if he dipped without saying that.

HSC
Not if you're in a selective environment and have the standards of 99+ with possibility for a state rank. Like how @tokyocalling made that thread.

It doesn't define you, but some people have expectations that can be the difference of getting into a dream course without delay, people would fuss about getting 98, others would be happy with 60. In no means is that a bad result, but for his goals that include admission into UNSW Medicine, he fell short.

His standards involve getting into a Med Degree, and unless you're rural or have an outstanding UCAT, you won't get into the course unless you have 99.6+ (Because of the sheer number of applicants) which influenced @Speedā€™oā€™sound Sonic to lie about that 99.65.
And... its HIS atar not yours, he fell short of your expectations. what does he do about that? repeat?

Directrix

Forklift Certified
HSC
Sidenote: The VCE atar is op like no fighting for internal ranks wowza

i wonder what happens if you just cruise internals and get 100 in externals there

quickoats

HSC

i wonder what happens if you just cruise internals and get 100 in externals there
VCE can scale/align above 100 (50/50 can scale up to like 55/50) so you donā€™t get the diminishing returns thing (e.g. 50 in 4u going to 80, but 99 going to 99).

Also they count a little bit of your worst subjects so you get a bonus boost rather than discarding the results like they do here.

JeydinNewWon

HSC

Honestly, if I knew I probably would've moved to do VCE. Like internal ranks for me, I heavily dislike, and I wish NESA can implement a system which doesn't focus so heavily on it. But then again they had terrible shit with COVID which was even worse than NSW....so yeah....

Last edited:

iStudent

HSC
Even though he lied to me, I opened up my account again today to message him, hoping that he could take care of my poor best friend who got into UNSW Medicine. My friend was someone who wasnt the brightest but he was the kindest person I knew and had to study HSC in an essentially 4 metre square room. He had barely any space for himself and he was really poor, going to the same disadvantaged school as I and ranking low in his subjects. On top of that, because of my problems, I yelled at him so many times when I got angry with him and I gave him a hard time because of my personal mental issues and I felt so guilty for it. When he told me he got into med, I literally cried so much and came online here to ask Sonic to take care of him for me and to make sure he doesnā€™t get stressed and check up on him because I know he doesnā€™t like to say anything about his problems. But I just get encountered with this and while I did know all along from a week after HSC results released I find it hard to believe/accept.
Hi guys, interesting thread. I thought I should chime in to say that it is most certainly possible to enter into medicine from a disadvantaged school, without being from a rural background. Some degrees such as the JMP do not require an extremely high ATAR and its UCAT requirements are probably one of the most reasonable/accessible since it is all based on a cut-off.

chaevely_park

HSC
Btw for my med application, I didn't get UNSW (screwed my interview) but at least i got USyd med through E12

ps: rip speed
mans getting crucified
would it be possible for you to let me know what kind of environment the unsw med interview is? I know that it's MMI, but are the questions super difficult, are people really competitive, etc.?

icycledough

HSC
would it be possible for you to let me know what kind of environment the unsw med interview is? I know that it's MMI, but are the questions super difficult, are people really competitive, etc.?
Just an FYI, the UNSW med interview is panel based (so 2-3 interviewers who together ask you a selection of questions)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)