medicine [mbbs] (1 Viewer)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
there are more females than males.. in medical school ..

and the guys who are brilliant at interiews and patients.. are usually quite charming.. :)

PS: AC id marry u.. but i need more haloperidol to make it seem less insane :p

drakonfire: i miss 4u maths good times.. i think its just the roting part of medicine is dull lots of the same kind of sick ppl

Last edited:

aussiechica7

HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
there are more females than males.. in medical school ..

and the guys who are brilliant at interiews and patients.. are usually quite charming.. :)
and/or gay lol

+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
PS: AC id marry u.. but i need more haloperidol to make it seem less insane :p
haha ok u order some of that and i'll start the puritan dating process. first you'll have to do hard labour for my father for 7 years, and when we finally get married u won't c my face until the morning after. sounds good ok?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
drakonfire: i miss 4u maths good times.. i think its just the roting part of medicine is dull lots of the same kind of sick ppl
aww i miss spec! specifically my spec teacher, who has a scottish accent, which just makes everything he says cool.

Dr.Dan

HSC
drakonfire said:
welll marreid or not... i was wonderin how hard everyones bin goin @ dis.. i went 2 medentry and stuff... and iv bin bludgin alot so i still got 7 practice xams on it.... im really screwed aint i =( well no probs .... gud luk 2 all im sure ull b fyne.. al of u!!!
What Exactly is Medentry , i initially thought it was just the UMAT test which is on today ( i do it next year ) , is there anything else involved with entry into medicine . Btw i heard a rumour it may not be true but are there only 10 places available >

aussiechica7

HSC
MedEntry is a company that will train you for the UMAT. Don't listen to anyone who says you can't prepare for the UMAT. That's a load of crap. Practice makes perfect.
It can be expensive but it's an excellent investment. The UMAT is as important or more importan than the UAI at most med schools apart from JCU.
All my personal opinions only.

Last edited:

Dr.Dan

HSC
aussiechica7 said:
MedEntry is a company that will train you for the UMAT. Don't listen to anyone who says you can't prepare for the UMAT. That's a load of crap. Practice makes perfect.
It can be expensive but it's an excellent investment. The UMAT is as important or more importan than the UAI at most med schools apart from JCU.
Ah k mate i was goign to invest in one of the companies . Is Medentry the best; what are thier going rates>? I am sitting UMAT 2008 and i would also like to know when to actualy start doing this med entry thingy

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Dr.Dan said:
Ah k mate i was goign to invest in one of the companies . Is Medentry the best; what are thier going rates>? I am sitting UMAT 2008 and i would also like to know when to actualy start doing this med entry thingy
I think its around $600 if you go along , or $400 each if you go with a group of three.

lmao but i never did medentry , i did icarus , which everyone says is shit :eek: , hahah so yeah.

www.medentry.com.au

think that should be it.
good luck =D

aussiechica7

HSC
they should be taking applications anywhere from now til the next umat lol.
maybe right at the start of this summer, so u have time to get used to it before yr 12 hits and u barely have any time to practice umat.
if u wanna b real hardcore consider signing up w a few prep courses, but only if u feel like u need it. if i could only pick one i personally would go with medentry and no i don't work for them lol.

Dr.Dan

HSC
Is it possible to make entry into UWS Medicine , and then transfer across to sydney after first year?

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
LottoX said:
No. Unless you got >99.95 (or did they change it to 99.90) and go through the same process as a HSc student. It will still be a 7 year course.

It wont exactly be a transfer.
as in your umat and uai that didnt cut it for usyd before, will be considered again?

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
LottoX said:
The USyd "undergraduate" program (Combined MBBS course, which is essentially an undergraduate degree with 'guaranteed' postgraduate MBBS entry) only has a cut-off of 99.95 (And I think 99.90 plus a performace for Music/Med) plus and interview for entry. University marks and UMAt marks are not ocnsidered.
ONLY 99.95? well i'm set. so next yr's undergrad students at usyd would've got in on a uai/interview basis only?

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
LottoX said:
Some of them might have done Music performances, although details are sketchy. I never seriously looked into this, as I knew I would never be in the situation.
you never wanted to go to usyd med?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
LottoX said:
Because I was/am a fucking bludger.

But I'm doing well at uni! :)
id take UWS over USyd.. only cos with that extra 2 yrs of life i could go do a masters in [watever the f**k i wanted] and still have a job :p

also u dun study medicine till the 4th yr.. which is a very long time

and yes unless ure a 99.95+ person.. dun bother.. realli there isnt much difference in the graduates... comparing the Umelb vs Usyd grads..

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
LottoX said:
Some of them might have done Music performances, although details are sketchy. I never seriously looked into this, as I knew I would never be in the situation.
99.35 for b.Music/MBBS but you need to give a performance
99.45 last year for Arts(honours)/MBBS
99.95 for Sci ADV/MBBS

Interviews are requred plus you have to maintain a credit average and complete each year with the min GPA and satisfy all the conditions to remain in the Talented students program.

Last edited:

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Wooz said:
99.35 for b.Music/MBBS but you need to give a performance
99.45 last year for Arts(honours)/MBBS
99.95 for Sci ADV/MBBS

Interviews are requred plus you have to maintain a credit average and complete each year with the min GPA and satisfy all the conditions to remain in the Talented students program.
lmao , not asking for much are they ? -_-

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
Lucid Scintilla said:
LottoX, don't you need to be of 7th grade practical and 6th grade theory for any instrument, though?
6th grade theory? darn.

jeez. 99+ uais. i feel my dreams collapsing on me.

But, i think i read somewhere that for people transferring, from next year onwards (or something), they will only take into account your gpa and umat, and not your uai?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
ssejamafone said:
6th grade theory? darn.

jeez. 99+ uais. i feel my dreams collapsing on me.

But, i think i read somewhere that for people transferring, from next year onwards (or something), they will only take into account your gpa and umat, and not your uai?
dreams are meant to be crushed :) welcome to reality..

the harder u work for it.. the more it will motivate u to stay in mabbe

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
dreams are meant to be crushed :) welcome to reality..

the harder u work for it.. the more it will motivate u to stay in mabbe
mabbe?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)