Melbourne Storm Salary Cap Rort (1 Viewer)

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
it was at $250 for them to get the wooden spoon, but i'm not surprised if those bets are cancelled. not surprised either if a few storm or nrl staff members are indicted for placing those bets either.
As far as i've heard, all bets regarding the storm are valid. Some blokes will receive to the tune of $8,000 for placing $40 bets @ $250, luckily betting was spended soon after the betting plunge.

The bets on the storm for the premiership will be refunded.

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
Premierships for everyone!

Pretty devo for the Storm players though.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
As far as i've heard, all bets regarding the storm are valid. Some blokes will receive to the tune of $8,000 for placing $40 bets @ $250, luckily betting was spended soon after the betting plunge.

The bets on the storm for the premiership will be refunded.
i'm wrong actually..

stephoe

HSC
Don't get why the players have to suffer through it when they were scammed by their own managers. Fucking cunts

stephoe

HSC
Oh.. and Billy Slater's gotta be the cutest guy there.. only if his voice wasn't as high as Whitney Houstons when she sings at the highest octave. smh

HSC
the players knew that $30,000 boats that werent in their contracts etc were not on the books lol

billy slater is a dog, kicks people constantly

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh.. and Billy Slater's gotta be the cutest guy there.. only if his voice wasn't as high as Whitney Houstons when she sings at the highest octave. smh
hahaha Slater looks like fucken jockey.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Slater really isn't that attractive... It's just because every other football player looks like their face has been hit by a shovel, repeatedly.

assiduous

HSC
Um, i don't quite understand the salary cap rort. What did the Storms do?

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
Um, i don't quite understand the salary cap rort. What did the Storms do?
you are only allowed to spend a certain amount (3.2M?) on players...this is to try and make the teams even so not one team keeps winning like the EPL...aka...the top players will be more expensive and unable to keep if you have too many of them....

so storm had players but they were paying them "gifts" and money under the table...but their books said they were under the cap...thus they kept all the good players...

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Lmao kaz like the Broncos weren't over the cap in 06 lockeyer, Hannant, ennis, berigan, hunt, hodges, tate, civinoceva, parker, thaiday, webcke, stagg, costigan, carroll just to name afew, sumfin sus der compare that to their 2010 team

but dw dey al rort

assiduous

HSC
you are only allowed to spend a certain amount (3.2M?) on players...this is to try and make the teams even so not one team keeps winning like the EPL...aka...the top players will be more expensive and unable to keep if you have too many of them....

so storm had players but they were paying them "gifts" and money under the table...but their books said they were under the cap...thus they kept all the good players...
Ahh, i see.

assiduous

HSC
So, let me get this right...
Each club is only allowed to spend a certain amount of money on players like 3.2 million, The Storms club exceeded this cap by paying their good players etc with gifts, black money etc?
They kept all their good players and kept winning?

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
So, let me get this right...
Each club is only allowed to spend a certain amount of money on players like 3.2 million, The Storms club exceeded this cap by paying their good players etc with gifts, black money etc?
They kept all their good players and kept winning?
yeah...thats correct...therefore they were cheating as if they had stayed under the cap they couldnt keep the best players...

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
cap is 4.1 million in fact, but eveything else is spot on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)