memorising a 1.5k essays in a week? (1 Viewer)

Skriker

HSC
ok so i have to memorise a 1.5k word essay in a week and im just wondering if its possible and what are some good ways to quickly memorise essays?

at times like these i wish i had a photographic memory.... :(

Fusakin

www.fusakin.com
HSC
I use this method and it works great.

Rewrite the first paragraph until you memorise it by heart. Then rewrite the first AND second paragraph until you memorise it by heart. Then rewrite the first, second AND third paragraph until you memorise it by heart. Keep repeating this process and eventually you'll memorise the whole essay.

Yes it's a long process that takes me less than a week.

Good luck.

Official

Bring it on
HSC
Read it to yourself in a clear voice.

Many people at my school memorises 1k word+ essays in 3-4 hours using this method. I take like 4 days =/

whatsmyname

HSC
N/A
yeh you can do it within a week no problems aslong as u stay motivated. the method l use is memorising one sentence at a team by re reading it to myself alot of times lol

BobMac

HSC
I once memorised a 900 word essay in an afternoon. It's difficult but doable

Skriker

HSC
I once memorised a 900 word essay in an afternoon. It's difficult but doable
wow an afternoon, Exept i have like 5 essays to remember which are like business, ecos, and like 3 english essays hahaha :(

s2 SEductive

MostDefinitelyIncredible
HSC
i did 1.7k over night LOL and the test was that morning and lucky i remembered it all and got decent marks.
Im pretty sure 1 week is enough =D

stevey6404

HSC
Of course you can!

I memorised 3 1.5k words essay for Hamlet in 2 days over the weekend.
You just have to dedicate your time

lychnobity

HSC
Read and follow:

1) Write out the essay at least 3 times with about half an hour in between each attempt (if you can't write out your whole essay in half an hour, what on earth are you doing with an essay that long?)

2) Pick out the strange words/keywords from each sentence.

3) Recite your essay by only looking at those keywords. Repeat at least 3 times.

4) Shorten those keywords into acronyms by taking the first letter of each word.

5) Now recite your essay using only those acronyms. Repeat 3 times.

______

To be honest: a week is a VERY long time, use your time well.

Don't:
- just read your essay to yourself
- keep writing your essay word for word

Last edited:

jamesfirst

HSC
Keep writing the fk out of it.

Read it while you brush your teeth, while you take a sht, while your on a computer, while your going to school, free time in school, devoting your recess and lunch to memorise that essay.

Then you'd have memorised the whole essay that it's not funny.

NewiJapper

HSC
Read it to yourself. Start with one sentence. Then the second. Highlight what you can recite. Then once you have memorised a paragraph, write it out word for word without looking at it. Rinse and repeat for the rest of the essay for each paragraph until you can recite and write them all!

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
^success.

and yes i often found it a bit wierd when people took more than one night to memorise an essay lol

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Takes me about 4-6 hours to memorize a 1.2k word essay perfectly. The method I follow is:

Memorize sentence by sentence, for each paragraph. So read first sentence, memorize it, then add on the next, memorize it, then add on the next sentence, and memorize it until the whole paragraph is memorized. Then add on the next paragraph (go again sentence by sentence, once you get the first 3 sentences memorized in the 2nd paragraph, stop adding the first paragraph with it).

After this, memorize half the essay fully, write it out, and fix up any mistakes you made. Then do the same for the 2nd half of the essay, and then all you do is add them up at the end, takes 6 hours max in 1 sitting.

Skriker

HSC
Takes me about 4-6 hours to memorize a 1.2k word essay perfectly. The method I follow is:

Memorize sentence by sentence, for each paragraph. So read first sentence, memorize it, then add on the next, memorize it, then add on the next sentence, and memorize it until the whole paragraph is memorized. Then add on the next paragraph (go again sentence by sentence, once you get the first 3 sentences memorized in the 2nd paragraph, stop adding the first paragraph with it).

After this, memorize half the essay fully, write it out, and fix up any mistakes you made. Then do the same for the 2nd half of the essay, and then all you do is add them up at the end, takes 6 hours max in 1 sitting.

nice method ill try this and all the other methods to ahaha

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd say your method works better with subjects like business studies/eco/chem etc... but for english unless you're super talented and a natural(and have done a lot of work in class), it wont really work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)