Mental Garbage (1 Viewer)

lonely-lass

HSC
N/A
What do you people do to get rid of mental garbage, which actually means unuseful thoughts. It could be a real hinderance in performance during daily life.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
i'd like to know how as well
:( can't sleep for thinking too much

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
find something to distract you from it.

for me it's usually music, or games, or movies, or doing something that requires concentration/paying attention.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
listen to my ipod, maybe go for a walk

lonely-lass

HSC
N/A
Yep meditation but for it to do one should be free of all worrying thoughts. Now that's confusing; is meditation done to get rid of these thoughts or it's performed when you don't have anything futile in your mind?

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
I try to find something that will make me laugh-- most of the time I'll watch Family Guy or podcasts of Good News Week.

_trickster_

Currently High
HSC
yeah in essence, you cant really get rid of the memories

you can only distract yourself long enough to think of something else

although if you do that on purpose then its harder to forget

Davie1

HSC
I find it when my mind is to visualize myself in a room surrounded by really tall file cabinets. and then i just still there and wait for somethin to come threw my mind. when its annoying and somethin i dont want to dwell on i imagine myself taking it and turning it into a file and slamming it in one of the draws.

Really interesting

William kamel

HSC
What do you people do to get rid of mental garbage, which actually means unuseful thoughts. It could be a real hinderance in performance during daily life.
do u have OCD? Coz I know some ppl that do and they can't stop worrying, if so u should see a counsellor? or just relax go to sleep. Sleep is the best medicine for the mind.

Unsatisfied

HSC
SSRI's gave me inorgasmia
i keep going and going and going and going but i never quite make it
and its really much more frustrating and not as cool as it sounds

you know how sometimes you find yourself in a really clear state of mind without any of that clutter? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binaural_beats sort of help get you there, but its arguable as to whether its just a placebo or a legitimate effect.. ive been meaning to get around to reading some actual studies done on them

i suppose it can also be achieved through meditation

Last edited:

lychnobity

HSC
I completely fill my mind's eye with the colour white. I don't put in a concentrated effort to focus on white either.

Helps clear my head.

Tim035

HSC
I've never felt more alive on SSRIs, I've always been so dam drowsy all the time, always having mid-afternoon sleeps and struggling to stay up to study. Psychologist actually wanted Benzos, but after I conveyed how lifeless and drowsy I always feel he swapped it over.

lonely-lass

HSC
N/A
do u have OCD? Coz I know some ppl that do and they can't stop worrying, if so u should see a counsellor? or just relax go to sleep. Sleep is the best medicine for the mind.

Man I know it's a kind of ocd... it's so fucking irritating. Or I have given it another name for myself, OTD.. Obsessive Thoughts Disorder.

Tim035

HSC
Man I know it's a kind of ocd... it's so fucking irritating. Or I have given it another name for myself, OTD.. Obsessive Thoughts Disorder.
Side effect of being brainwashed by illuminati

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)