mergers and acquisitions (1 Viewer)

manscux

HSC
If i wanted to go into mergers and acquisitions or valuations would you recommend doing actuarial studies (major in actuarial and finance) with economics or commerce/economics

thank you in advance

manscux

HSC
Why??

i thought actuarial would be very beneficial for valuations. Would you recommend me doing that degree if i want to get into the valuations side....

Last edited:

bladeys

HSC
N/A
comm/law at usyd or unsw would be better for m&a
Why??

i thought actuarial would be very beneficial for valuations and stuff like that
Lol manscux maybe you should learn to read before you start planning your future. The greatest 99.95 just said that comm/law is a good idea for someone doing mergers and acquisition, he didnt even mention valuations but for some reason you seem to think he did LOLOL

manscux

HSC
Thank you Bladeys for your comment it has clearly provided greater insights into my question

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
from what ive read and asked (heaps of people, trust me) comm/law is the way to go for m&a. From what ive read there really isnt much maths involved in m&a. There is however in other aspects of investment banking such as sales and trading. most likely any maths your gonna use in m&a youll be taught along the way as when you first start you wont be running the show, youll be doing coffee runs, fixing up spreadsheets and other stuff.

Go on http://www.mergersandinquisitions.com/ for more info and wider reading regarding investment banking

runnable

HSC
Comm Law only if you like Law enough. Otherwise you'll do much better with straight Comm with high marks.

Don't worry about actuarial, just do Finance. You'll kill your marks with Actuarial and the banks do care a lot about marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)