Messy handwriting (1 Viewer)

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
I noticed the other day that my handwriting when i'm going fast is actually pretty messy..

Especially in the english exams, as well as history, music, economics, etc. (exams with essays) where people will probably be writing very fast - to what extent will the markers accept/mark messy handwriting?

Just.Snaz

HSC
They'll try read and understand it as much as possible.

HSC
I've read Band 6 responses/essays from the standards package, and they are woefully messy, so i wouldn't worry bout it

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
lol as long as some form of meaning can be derived from ur scratchings u should be fine

also on another note i figured out why hsc is easier than trials. POSITIVE MARKING lol took me this lol to realise

karnage

HSC
Yea lol, i got bad handwriting in exams but its still fairly legible.

Nvm about it, some exemplars were typed coz the handwriting was bad lol.

rani.g.

HSC
i figure the markers are super-experienced when it comes to reading all kinds of scripts, and with the practice they get, there really is no reason why they shouldn't be able to decipher most, if not all the responses they mark. Plus, apparently if a marker can't read a response, they find another who can.....which is very lucky for me. I pity the marker who has to read my work.

friction

HSC
rani.g. said:
i figure the markers are super-experienced when it comes to reading all kinds of scripts, and with the practice they get, there really is no reason why they shouldn't be able to decipher most, if not all the responses they mark. Plus, apparently if a marker can't read a response, they find another who can.....which is very lucky for me. I pity the marker who has to read my work.
Haha same here i feel very sorry for them

HSC
Still, I think if the marker doesn't need to struggle to read your work it'll give a better impression.

lost1

HSC
me too...god i hope the marker doesnt get too frustrated about reading it and gives me a shitty mark

...also about the standards package, I was just wondering when it says say band 5/6 does that mean the sample response was given a RAW mark of around 90%(ie. around 13-14/15) or did that candidate get a band 5/6 overall?

wLym

HSC
think of it this way; the marker wont specifically mark you down for messy writing, but at the end of the day, after marking hundreds of papers, i rekon theyd be pretty tired and pissed off. So if they get ur messy writing then god have mercy. They may miss some things, dismiss some things as ramble etc.

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
wLym said:
think of it this way; the marker wont specifically mark you down for messy writing, but at the end of the day, after marking hundreds of papers, i rekon theyd be pretty tired and pissed off. So if they get ur messy writing then god have mercy. They may miss some things, dismiss some things as ramble etc.
exactly what i'm worried about.

nrs1990

HSC
lost1 said:
me too...god i hope the marker doesnt get too frustrated about reading it and gives me a shitty mark

...also about the standards package, I was just wondering when it says say band 5/6 does that mean the sample response was given a RAW mark of around 90%(ie. around 13-14/15) or did that candidate get a band 5/6 overall?
I'm pretty sure it means that it's right on the border between bands 5 and 6 -- I think that's around a standardised 90.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
As a marker I can tell you that we try to read everything and if we can't we do seek others help.

What can't be read doesn't get any marks.

As for the 5/6 band - that is a response that is right at the cutoff point.

HSC
lost1 said:

It means they were right between the those two particular bands, depending for certain subjects/questions, the bands indicate what they got altogether as a HSC Mark, and not necessarily that particular question.

charlesdinio

HSC
I think my writting today was beyond bad.

I don't think it will get marked.

Everytime I looked at it I was disgusted

ASNSWR127

HSC
obimoshman1234 said:
lol as long as some form of meaning can be derived from ur scratchings u should be fine

also on another note i figured out why hsc is easier than trials. POSITIVE MARKING lol took me this lol to realise
ah so the teachers aren't trying to harm you because of some choice remarks you made about the standards of teaching, the course and the level of intelligence of the individual teacher in question?

What a relief as this has dogged me for a couple of terms now (I had to open my mouth for the trials!!)

spango0

HSC
Im probably one of the worst here. My teachers have said that my writing is the worst they have ever seen. Im a smart kid, but I just dont care about my writing/ even when I do care (like today) its just appaling.

I will murder the markers if they cant fucking read my writing.

(AND MY PEN BROKE!)

A.Chair

HSC
spango0 said:
Im probably one of the worst here. My teachers have said that my writing is the worst they have ever seen. Im a smart kid, but I just dont care about my writing/ even when I do care (like today) its just appaling.

I will murder the markers if they cant fucking read my writing.

(AND MY PEN BROKE!)
haha, im already up to my third pen in the HSC....they keep running out of ink...time to get some new pens actually

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)