• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

MetalHeads Are Intelligent! (1 Viewer)

Legham

HSC
AsyLum said:
Pfft wrong. Real metalheads burn down churches and kill band members fool.
I stand corrected :p Though my one was more realistic these days.. unfortunately :(

iwannarock

HSC

i've wanted one of these for teh metal.

so then i can try and be like

or one of these for teh rock.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
AsyLum said:
JS-1000

*drools*
mmm. Does look nice, I might have to try it. One of the guys at work keeps talking about it. That or the 1200 satriani sig.

Mate has that, and I can attest to the fact that it fucking is sex on wheels.
I'd get a V cause they are usually fucking outstanding. But it's a V :eek:

Other mate has that, actually played by angus (damn cousin of angus bastard) I got to play, liked the sound, but wasn't too crash hot once too much distort was applied.
signature models are usually a wank. (bastard mate!)

Otherwise there's not too many real choices for choice guitars around that price range I don't think. I'm only playing an RG-100 and that's by no means a mean guitar, but it does the job.

What styles you looking to play?
Yeah I know. I'd pay more but I have other things to buy!
In terms of style I wouldn't mind playing a bit more metal. I don't know really, I'm a bit lost in terms of my music and just sort of float around playing what music I have. I need a band or something I guess =\

neafoo

HSC
mr_brightside said:
I'd get a V cause they are usually fucking outstanding. But it's a V :eek:
whats wrong with V's? ;(

iwannarock

HSC
neafoo said:
whats wrong with V's? ;(
annoying to sit down and play unless you put the v on one leg and play it classical.

but then again who buys a v to practice on......its a stage guitar.

but a serious problem i find all v's to have is that they neck dive........and this gets really annoying when playing because you're actually holding the guitar neck up.

although the problem is easily solved by sticky taping some weights to the body to counteract it and balance it.

neafoo

HSC
Ive got a king V
I guess when it comes down to it i like the classical position (i always found that my strat slides around on my leg too much). It probably took me a day to find a position i found comfy =]

With the neckheavy thing, sometimes you can just move the strap button (i couldnt on mine because there isnt enough room) but this seems to work pretty good (alot of peeps with explorers do this ;p). I really cant feel it very often though... if i standup to play the verse riff of damage inc then i can feel it though thats about it.

and i feel really cool when i play it. really, i do ;D

Are jackson kellys neckheavy? Im gunna guess they are cause explorers usually are and the general rule is that if there isnt a top horn out to the 12th fret its usually unbalanced (theres always exceptions tho :D)

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
iwannarock said:
annoying to sit down and play unless you put the v on one leg and play it classical.

but then again who buys a v to practice on......its a stage guitar.

but a serious problem i find all v's to have is that they neck dive........and this gets really annoying when playing because you're actually holding the guitar neck up.

although the problem is easily solved by sticky taping some weights to the body to counteract it and balance it.
Haha yeah, thats the one thing i got against it, the weight or lackthereof.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Rust in Peace is one of my favourite albums :D

You have a good taste in guitars iwannarock, im also currently looking at some explorers similar to what you listed.

Ideally, i'd like a hamer guitar from the 80's just like mick mars...the jackson kelly is the only one i can find that they still make (although there are a fair few similar ones on ebay, and a few bc rich ironbirds and ibanez destroyers floating around). Some only have one pickup but hey, eddie only had one pickup :p

...this thread has really turned around eh >_>

Legham

HSC
zOMg! im listening to In Flames right now! Brush The Dust Away, yo.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
iwannarock said:
and here it is in action

marty friedman is god

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4OPQBNXdfc
You seen Marty lately? I think I was browsing japanese artists one night and came across this, friend and I had a good wtf session after watching it haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIa5TSJuVJM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKNFa0FPZNA
second one is probably cooler

I always thought Aikawa's songs were pretty darn good, just never knew it was Marty on the guitar haha

Last edited:

iwannarock

HSC
AsyLum said:
You seen Marty lately? I think I was browsing japanese artists one night and came across this, friend and I had a good wtf session after watching it haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIa5TSJuVJM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKNFa0FPZNA
second one is probably cooler

I always thought Aikawa's songs were pretty darn good, just never knew it was Marty on the guitar haha
hahaha that second one is awesome.

yeah apparently marty friedman loves j pop and is always up for recording sessions with j pop artists.

him and paul gilbert were even on that japanese show where they had a guitar battle.

i think they both live in japan and are even married to japanese women.

talk about yellow fevah

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha yeah Paul Gilbert haha, that was a pretty big wtf as well, I think I first realised after I watched aragami and loved the main theme, and found out it was him and was like....how the fuck... rofl

I'm totally doing that if I ever become famous and then my band disbands!

Last edited:

Legham

HSC
Wow! I was just watching a random music vid and i saw that guitar we were talking about for the first time ever apart from this thread! thats rather coinkidinkial..

'twas in the video Nomans Land - Mjolnir (Live)

Kickass song to (without the dodgy youtube quality), as a bonus :)

edit: This also looks freekin' sweet

Whats that he's holding?

Last edited:

iwannarock

HSC
Legham said:
Wow! I was just watching a random music vid and i saw that guitar we were talking about for the first time ever apart from this thread! thats rather coinkidinkial..

'twas in the video Nomans Land - Mjolnir (Live)

Kickass song to (without the dodgy youtube quality), as a bonus :)

edit: This also looks freekin' sweet

Whats that he's holding?
looks like the bass version of a bc rich mockingbird.

:confused:

Legham

HSC
Ohh, i didnt even notice it was a bass.. but yeah, the normal ones would be awesome.. to look at anyway, i got no idea about the actual quality of the guitar :p

[/guitarnub]

neafoo

HSC
I was thinking of buying a mocking bird a few months ago but their lower level guitars dont feel very nice to play. The bodies on the lower level ones are made of agathis and i wasnt too impressed with the tone ;p The mockingbird and the stealth are the only bc rich's i like.

Oh yeah and that show with paul gilbert and marty on it was awesome. I watched it on youtube and laughed my ass off when gilbert played crazy train and they were meant to be playing KISS riffs. :D

iwannarock

HSC
neafoo said:
I was thinking of buying a mocking bird a few months ago but their lower level guitars dont feel very nice to play. The bodies on the lower level ones are made of agathis and i wasnt too impressed with the tone ;p The mockingbird and the stealth are the only bc rich's i like.

Oh yeah and that show with paul gilbert and marty on it was awesome. I watched it on youtube and laughed my ass off when gilbert played crazy train and they were meant to be playing KISS riffs. :D
yeah i would love to buy a mockingbird that was actually a top of the line one not one of those $700 shit ones.

i wanan get one like this.

hahah gilbert got pwned in that KISS battle.

friedman must of really been in the KISS army or something he knew like all of them even when the girl was just humming like garbage.

its like if i typed this out.

da daaaaaaaaa da daaaaaaaa da daaaaaaaaaaa da deeww doooooo daaaaaaaa da dooooooooooooo da doooooooooo da doooooooooooo da doooooo dewwwwwwwwww dooooooooooo etc.

he'd be like ...............WAR MACHINEEEEEEEEEEE-AHHHHHHHHHH!

neafoo

HSC
Hah, also to Gilberts credit is the fact that what the girl hummed sounded a bit like crazy train (i thought anyway)

The mockingbird i liked was just like that, but it was blue =] but none of the 5 or so guitar shops around me have any bc rich stuff. (except 1 second hand kkv second hand)

Anyone played on an iceman? im going through a phase of love for them atm... are they any good? Does anyone know when the new ibanez V comes out too?

edit : stupid fucking double post.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)