MetalHeads Are Intelligent! (1 Viewer)

iwannarock

HSC
Legham said:
Lol! good question.. too late now, i've already started :p
well u started earlier than me.

i got my first guitar 5 days before my last hsc exam.

no wonder economics turned out being my worst subject.

HSC
Hey all, new here, if metalheads are intelligent then wtf happened to me??!?!? :confused:

why aren't i getting better marks in ext2 eng?! if this is true, then i will cut all prog out of my diet and stick strictly to metal

Last edited:

Legham

HSC
Haha, you'd have to have a decent level of intelligence to even attempt ext2 english :p

Emma3691

HSC
upthedownstair said:
Hey all, new here, if metalheads are intelligent then wtf happened to me??!?!? :confused:
ur_inner_child said:
Intelligence doesn't always mean academic intelligence.
Yeah, perhaps you have emotional intelligence. ftw

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
EE2 has nothing to do with intelligence
It has everything to do looking like you've done something.

HSC
yeah lol it was a total complete setup coz im a fucking n00b. emotional intelligence? wtf... : pleaseelaborate:

HSC
Gilbert1 said:
I always knew those teeny boppers were dumbasses.
and ur a genius?? wow teach me some of your philosophies!!!! coz like Ur On My PeDeStOoL

Emma3691

HSC
upthedownstair said:
why aren't i getting better marks in ext2 eng?!
Oh well I know I always seem to mention what extension classes I'm taking (3unit math and advanced English). I guess it wouldn't have made much sense to say "why aren't I getting better marks in general math?" - Answer: YOU'RE A DUMBARSE! But no, extension 2 English? Wow you must be pretty frickin' smart, to a person of average academic level or par, to even attempt such a feat, to even be considered worthy for such a prestigious placement.

ur_inner_child said:
Apparently, there are different forms of intelligence. So while the topic suggests all MetalHeads are intelligent, it doesn't necessarily mean academically so... as you pointed out what with your not achieving satisfactory marks that was a blatant attempt at status recognition. There's also a thing called emotional intelligence which is another form of intelligence amongst many others I'm sure... I'm not going to tell you what Google can already tell you, but basically it's being able to express yourself emotionally, being aware of your emotions and being able to manage them positively.

Last edited:

Emma3691

HSC
upthedownstair said:
and ur a genius?? wow teach me some of your philosophies!!!! coz like Ur On My PeDeStOoL
Of course they are a genius, they are a MetalHead; of a very intelligent breed, which means they have the right to assert their privilege over those not as gifted to enjoy metal music ie; teeny boppers.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Emma3691 said:
Oh well I know I always seem to mention what extension classes I'm taking (3unit math and advanced English). I guess it wouldn't have made much sense to say "why aren't I getting better marks in general math?" - Answer: YOU'RE A DUMBARSE! But no, extension 2 English? Wow you must be pretty frickin' smart, to a person of average academic level or par, to even attempt such a feat, to even be considered worthy for such a prestigious placement.

Apparently, there are different forms of intelligence. So while the topic suggests all MetalHeads are intelligent, it doesn't necessarily mean academically so... as you pointed out what with your not achieving satisfactory marks that was a blatant attempt at status recognition. There's also a thing called emotional intelligence which is another form of intelligence amongst many others I'm sure... I'm not going to tell you what Google can already tell you, but basically it's being able to express yourself emotionally, being aware of your emotions and being able to manage them positively.
There are other forms of intelligence, See wiki for more details:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_intelligences
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_intelligence
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Intelligence

Whilst wiki isn't the font of credible knowledge it does provide a starting point

Last edited:

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Emma3691 said:
Uhm. When did I say I didn't achieve satisfactory marks? I'm in 3rd year uni, do you have any idea what aspect of my life you're talking about? What part of that sentence

is my attempt of getting status recognition?

Wow, what the fuck.

Emma3691

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Uhm. When did I say I didn't achieve satisfactory marks? I'm in 3rd year uni, do you have any idea what aspect of my life you're talking about? What part of that sentence is my attempt of getting status recognition?

Wow, what the fuck.
NOT YOU.
I was actually quoting that in relation to upthedownstair's post. Sigh, I'll order the quotes for you... in a sec.

Just like that UWS-Uni-Student who quoted what I said in relation to elaborating on it further for upthedownstair because obviously I made it clear in my post that I acknowledge the different forms of intelligence.... who told you exactly what Google could have told you, websites included, because they can be bothered.

Last edited:

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
When you quote someone and respond after that quote without any context, it is probably safe to assume that you are now talking to them :)

Emma3691

HSC
Section 1
upthedownstair: if metalheads are intelligent then wtf happened to me??!?!? why aren't i getting better marks in ext2 eng?!
Legham: Haha, you'd have to have a decent level of intelligence to even attempt ext2 english
upthedownstair: Haha hmm... point taken
Emma: That question was a total set up.

ur_inner_child could have been speaking generally, but I interpreted it to be intended for upthedownstair in relation to section 1:
Emma giving an example of how you could have intelligence, ignoring that you guys settled on “just attempting extension 2 English” as showing intelligence:
Yeah, perhaps you have emotional intelligence. Ftw

upthedownstair: yeah lol it was a total complete setup coz im a fucking n00b. emotional intelligence? wtf... : pleaseelaborate:

Emma to upthedownstair in relation to section 1 and “yeah lol it was a total complete setup coz im a fucking n00b”:

Emma “elaborating” on emotional intelligence:

I probably interpreted that all wrong but meh, you know where I'm coming from now. Any questions?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)