• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Mid semester break (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
HerO said:
So u guys have ur mid-semester break starting from 25th Apr hey, damn that's tough, I think that's a lil 2 long between start of semester 2 the holiday and after u have the mid break ur almost approaching exams already so maybe the scheduling aint the best. :cool:
no, its not tough! when you look at it theres 3 or 4 weeks until stuvac so we will still be slightly energenic towards all the studying.

Also, you made absolutely no sense in the post it was a whole bunch of blab. And why are you back in here posting something which you know absolutely nothing about.

The scheduling was done for a particular reason - theres so many public holidays at this time of year, that theres no point in having this week off.

HerO

Banned
69 Penis Avenue, Dickton Pussyville 6969.
HSC
Cape said:
no, its not tough! when you look at it theres 3 or 4 weeks until stuvac so we will still be slightly energenic towards all the studying.

Also, you made absolutely no sense in the post it was a whole bunch of blab. And why are you back in here posting something which you know absolutely nothing about.

The scheduling was done for a particular reason - theres so many public holidays at this time of year, that theres no point in having this week off.
I made perfect sense Cape. 3-4 weeks aint that long in my opinion, should be around 6-7 weeks after the mid break but I suppose if ur fine with it then there shouldn't be complaining but then again u don't represent the whole of UWS :p

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
HerO said:
I made perfect sense Cape. 3-4 weeks aint that long in my opinion, should be around 6-7 weeks after the mid break but I suppose if ur fine with it then there shouldn't be complaining but then again u don't represent the whole of UWS :p
9 weeks isn't that bad - especially when theres an easter long weekend :p

and not everyone here goes to uni for 5 days like i do.

And I represent more of UWS than you do and what you ever will :p

Super_Flyse

HSC
Macquarie's Mid-semester break is the same week.
So it isn't just UWS.

That is my non-useful input for this thread.

HerO

Banned
HSC
Super_Flyse said:
Macquarie's Mid-semester break is the same week.
So it isn't just UWS.

That is my non-useful input for this thread.
Yeah ur right, that was quite a non-useful input indeed.

Anywayz UWS and Mac aint the same week, it's actually 1 week earlier, it's 7 weeks then mid break, then another 6 weeks, wouldn't that be a better system?...like 4 everything 2 be equal, some students study better in the first half of the semester than the second half so the weeks are broken down evenly, 4 ppl that did not keep up in first half of semester can have adequate amounts of time 2 catch up in the second half of semester. :cool:

Super_Flyse

HSC
Are you sure?

Since I was told that by someone who goes to Macquarie...
and if it's wrong, well, it doesn't bother me too much, it's not my uni.

The important thing is I can admit when I am being non-useful, It comes as a disclaimer.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
meh ... atleast theres only a few weeks of work which we can fall behind on before stuvac starts :p

super flyse post's are so much more useful than yours hero!

HerO

Banned
HSC
Super_Flyse said:
Are you sure?

Since I was told that by someone who goes to Macquarie...
and if it's wrong, well, it doesn't bother me too much, it's not my uni.

The important thing is I can admit when I am being non-useful, It comes as a disclaimer.
Yeah i'm pretty sure, unless i'm totally misinformed.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
HerO said:
What exactly is Stuvac?...
For the 20th billionth time ... stuvac is exactly the same as in highschool. A week off before your exams - which allows you to study, also, some assignments are due during this time.

HerO

Banned
HSC
Cape said:
For the 20th billionth time ... stuvac is exactly the same as in highschool. A week off before your exams - which allows you to study, also, some assignments are due during this time.
Ok so ur mid break only lasts 4 1 week right?...and the stuvac week makes up as the 2 weeks students are meant 2 have as holidays?...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
HerO said:
Ok so ur mid break only lasts 4 1 week right?...and the stuvac week makes up as the 2 weeks students are meant 2 have as holidays?...
Mid semester break = one week
Stuvac = one week
Examination period = 2 weeks - only if you have exams though, if you dont have exams, you finish 3 weeks before everyone else :D

HerO

Banned
HSC
natstar said:
Maybe becuase we have the Easter weekend so close to the mid semester break this year.
Stuvac is not a holiday. Stuvac occurs at most unis, in fact i dont kno a uni that doesent have it. It is only a week.
lol u don't know alot of things :p...by the way, there's no stuvac at Mac and it's better that way...:cool:

HerO

Banned
HSC
Cape said:
Mid semester break = one week
Stuvac = one week
Examination period = 2 weeks - only if you have exams though, if you dont have exams, you finish 3 weeks before everyone else :D
I was starting 2 like the idea of Stuvacs and then u mentioned it counted as 1 week towards ur mid semester break so that sux, it's hardly a holiday week since most students would have exams and assignments so it's actually Stress Week rather than holiday.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
HerO said:
I was starting 2 like the idea of Stuvacs and then u mentioned it counted as 1 week towards ur mid semester break so that sux, it's hardly a holiday week since most students would have exams and assignments so it's actually Stress Week rather than holiday.
Holiday - why the hell would you go to uni for a holiday? If you can't cope with 10 weeks on constant work, how are you going to cope with the real work life after you leave uni?

HerO

Banned
HSC
Cape said:
Holiday - why the hell would you go to uni for a holiday? If you can't cope with 10 weeks on constant work, how are you going to cope with the real work life after you leave uni?
lol ur misunderstanding me yet again...what I meant was it's good 2 have some holidays 2 take time off and catch up or if ur ahead u can relax a bit more during the middle of a semester. Like at Mac it's 7 weeks, then 2 weeks holiday, then 6 weeks, then exams...that's wat I thought happened at most Unis, but obviously not UWS which I think kinda sux, cuz u can't seriously say that u wouldn't prefer a 2 week holiday rather than a 1 week holiday plus Stuvac?...Cuz Stuvac is not really a holiday but rather more intended 4 students 2 study 4 exams am I not right?...:cool:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Hero I suggest you go back to high school and learn to write in english!

Atleast UWS gives you a week before exams to study - I'm sure mac has their reasons why they do the timetabling that way.

It is also noted that NOT every student has end of semester exams though :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)