Mid-year entry (1 Viewer)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Yeah, Management is definitely something that needs to be applied.

A.Chair

HSC
Methinks you should all come to the marketing poster thing and vote for me =)
Well, I don't think they do votes, but it goes on interest or something.
I had a quick look before my lecture at 3:30 which meant it was pretty quiet then.
Anyway, there were some good posters there....which one was yours?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Sorry I missed the poster thing. I was bumping in for a show up at building 25.

spazamataz

HSC
Lol,
I ended up bailing on it after 30 minutes, was so boring.
They expected us to stand there for 2 hours.

Buy yeah I did one on movies, they put me down the bottom and some bitch kept covering up the poster with her bag.

And in reply to the thing about management:
I just had my MGMT110 lecture, and I wanted to kill myself. It was one of the most painful lectures I have ever been through.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I haven't been to a single Commerce lecture this session. And I think I only went to 1 MGMT lecture last session.

Nikkay75

Flashbackk
HSC
I got offered mid-year entry doing a double degree - Media Communications (Advertising & Marketing) & Commerce. I'm wondering if anyone else is doing this combination. I know many state how boring and dry commerce is but I studied economics in the HSC and I actually enjoyed it. I'm more concerned about the workload with this combination - is it much disadvantage starting mid year in terms of catch up with the course work?

spazamataz

HSC
I got offered mid-year entry doing a double degree - Media Communications (Advertising & Marketing) & Commerce. I'm wondering if anyone else is doing this combination. I know many state how boring and dry commerce is but I studied economics in the HSC and I actually enjoyed it. I'm more concerned about the workload with this combination - is it much disadvantage starting mid year in terms of catch up with the course work?
I am doing this exact combination!

The workload is not intense at all. Just take note that if you do advertising and marketing you can not do marketing as a commerce major. You will be at not disadvantage starting mid year, but you will have to do BCM 101 and BCM 102 first session next year.
I've found that many of the subjects complement each other, so its pretty good. And apparently the communication subjects for 2nd session are pretty easy so you should be right.

Nikkay75

Flashbackk
HSC
I am doing this exact combination!

The workload is not intense at all. Just take note that if you do advertising and marketing you can not do marketing as a commerce major. You will be at not disadvantage starting mid year, but you will have to do BCM 101 and BCM 102 first session next year.
I've found that many of the subjects complement each other, so its pretty good. And apparently the communication subjects for 2nd session are pretty easy so you should be right.

That's a relief. :)

spazamataz

HSC
That's a relief. :)
That means you're going to be in two of my classes (if you choose to do the BCM subjects in session 2).

So that means you will be doing media ethics & law and intro. to media and cultural studies. From what i've heard, ethics and law is really easy, like in the tutes we just sit around and 'discuss' stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)