miranda rta p's test (1 Viewer)

Dod0

HSC
I'll lurk around the rta and wait till shes not near then go up to the desk haha

pman

Banned
HSC
unfortunatly, you can''t do that, you miss ur spot and so miss the test, no refund

work_that

HSC
Did u end up passing Dod0? What teacher did you get?

I had dragon lady and failed:mad1:, im going again in 2 weeks, I really dont want dragon lady again, is there anyway to ask for a different one?:confused:

ktinn

HSC
go on the weekend - i did and got a different guy plus no school zones or trucks

Dod0

HSC
Yeah I passed 2nd go though. Second time I had some dark haired lady I forgot her name though haha..

AliDee

HSC
Anyone know if that dragon lady is still there? lol... Im doing my test @ miranda in a few weeks.. pretty nervous cause I don't really know the area much... only went there cause I need my P's for work. What is the course like? Any specifics I need to know like stop signs that are hidden or anything like that?

TimmyTheTool

HSC
Anyone know if that dragon lady is still there? lol... Im doing my test @ miranda in a few weeks.. pretty nervous cause I don't really know the area much... only went there cause I need my P's for work. What is the course like? Any specifics I need to know like stop signs that are hidden or anything like that?
Yes, I would also like to know this.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i'll be doing my P's test at miranda too soon, 11th januray (when my licence expires).

never heard of 'dragon lady', but i'll look out for a Jan and try to steer clear of her.

Also, either a 3 point turn OR a reverse park? I dont see the big deal with 3 point turns, ive been doing them since my very first day of driving (my street has a cul-de-sac, and i couldnt make it in 1 turn back then).
Just gotta learn how to reverse park (i can do reverse perpendicular park, but i've barely done reverse parallel parking practice).

Do you get to choose your testing instructor? Because i dont wanna fail because of dragon lady and have to do 120 hours, lol (i only need 50).

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
haha, thought so.

anyways, just came back (from miranda), had a talk with dad.
he doesnt care about my hours, only whether i can drive or not, and whether i'd be able to drive ok and make my own decisions etc when im driving on my own, and i agree with him.

so i guess i wont go for my P's before they expire, better to actually know how to drive in all conditions, lol (and hours i can make up).

TimmyTheTool

HSC
All I can say is: Don't walk in with a mullet or any kind of wog haircut, Dress appropriately (not like a weed seller) and have a good attitude.

People tend to base you on your body actions ... after all 90% of what your saying isn't coming from your mouth.

The testers arn't so bad. Dragon Lady has got a reputation for failing, But I can't say I'd pass you either if you looked like a hoon.

daveAU

HSC
can anyone clear up the roundabout rules? Who am i meant to be giving way to - things already on but what about cars to the right?
just wondering as this is what i failed the driving test for.

TimmyTheTool

HSC
can anyone clear up the roundabout rules? Who am i meant to be giving way to - things already on but what about cars to the right?
just wondering as this is what i failed the driving test for.
Always give way to your right on roundabouts. If you do that, everything else looks after it's self.

Also when exiting the roundabout, indicate Left to go out of it.

TimmyTheTool

HSC
and look straight.. ive nearly been run into a couple of times cause i only looked right
You've nearly been ran into by not looking straight? or you have nearly ran into a car by not looking straight?

If it's the first, the guy who pulled out on you has obviously got issues.

If it's the second, Why are you pulling out quicker than the car in front can pass?

Either way, It's common sense to look everywhere before proceeding, but if everyone had done the right thing in the first place, you'd only have to look to your right.

timw7845

Somewhere near the mountains... somewhere near the
HSC
You've nearly been ran into by not looking straight? or you have nearly ran into a car by not looking straight?

If it's the first, the guy who pulled out on you has obviously got issues.

If it's the second, Why are you pulling out quicker than the car in front can pass?

Either way, It's common sense to look everywhere before proceeding, but if everyone had done the right thing in the first place, you'd only have to look to your right.
nearly got ran into by not looking straight... when i took off there was nothing right and the car wasnt in the roundabout so i was right...

next minute its basically 3ft away from my door...

pman

Banned
HSC
and look left, I got run into by not looking left, make sure the other car is giving way to you!

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
Hmph failed cause this idiot thinks I started/stopped too quick yet drove 5-10kms below the limit, did not use a handbrake for a hillstart yet didn't roll back too far, and the dumbest of them all: pointing my wheels to the right before taking off to turn to the right. Who doesn't prepare their wheels by pointing them to the right? It was this guy who seemed alright. Hopefully I won't get dragon lady in 2 weeks time. I lost points cause of the wheel thing! My gosh!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)