miranda rta p's test (1 Viewer)

Dod0

HSC
Anyone done a test here, are the instructors bad, what area do they take you in, where did you do your reverse park/ 3 point turn, etc just general info on it = P

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Omfg, by the time you do your P's, everything should be second nature to you.

Yes, i havnt even bothered with my Car L's, but if my GF is anything to go by, you should know you shit BEFORE the P's test.

Dod0

HSC
I know my stuff haha I was just seeing if anyone has done a test there and what places they went and shit

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
i went to miranda. basically there are three different regular testers. one lady who is fairly nice and doesn't mark ultra hard, one guy who seems strict but doesn't seem too bad, and of course: dragon lady (as she is affectionately known throughout the shire) terribly hard marker.

you've already got a disadvantage seeing as you are male, and dragon lady is reputed for her tendency to fail males sheerly for 'attitude'. so when you go for the test try and seem as humble and cautious as you can.

aight there are bout 3-4 different routes they take. what i suggest is getting a few professional lessons. i had ABC i think. the good thing is that the instructors know every route they do. so if you get a couple of lessons they will basically take you through a mock test on each route, which is invaluable for confidence on the day.

one thing to remember for the reverse park - the park is correct if it is WITHIN 1M OF THE CURB. that is a huge huge amount. but don't complain, its just the way its marked, so exploit that! if you get a pro lesson they will probably know that, but i can't help but reveal such an amazing loophole haha. so really, 1m is a huge distance so don't try and get too close if its gonna take too many movements or end up with you not straight.

in summary get a few pro lessons, bigger/long established companies are more likely to know the routes. i don't know if its possible to choose which tester you have, unless someone on here somehow remembers the roster. hope that helps

Dod0

HSC
Thanks = D Yeah everyone knows about dragon lady haha When I first started driving I did quite a few lessons with abc and they took me around and stuff and the instructor i had showed me some of the routes. The 1m thing is mad haha I thought you had to park within like 30cm or something :)

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
haha yeah you'd think so. its funny because parking 1m of the curb is in some situations incredibly inconvenient to others, and in others; blatantly dangerous. but hey for the test we're not complaining.

but yeah, dragon lady failed my friend because he "had an attitude". so watch out for her own personal criteria on top of the regular 'instant fail' offences.

definately get some more lessons though. most important thing to nail is MISS (Mirror Indicate Shoulder Steer). i had it pretty much down, like doing it every time then in the test apparently i didn't do it once, but i still passed.. but definately something that can slip out of your mind

Dod0

HSC
yeah i will probs get some more lessons as they will teach me all the little technicalities that may make me fail haha

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
haha yeah the fact of the matter is, you can be a good driver and fail the test.. and a bad driver can pass. you just need to find out what they are looking for and you'll be right. ALSO, try and book your test so it won't be in a school zones time period, its just another thing you don't want to have on your mind haha.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
"one thing to remember for the reverse park - the park is correct if it is WITHIN 1M OF THE CURB. that is a huge huge amount. but don't complain, its just the way its marked, so exploit that! if you get a pro lesson they will probably know that, but i can't help but reveal such an amazing loophole haha. so really, 1m is a huge distance so don't try and get too close if its gonna take too many movements or end up with you not straight."

What? No. It's within half a meter.

JB10

HSC
Omfg, by the time you do your P's, everything should be second nature to you.

Yes, i havnt even bothered with my Car L's, but if my GF is anything to go by, you should know you shit BEFORE the P's test.
How does it feel having your girlfriend drive you around?
:ninja:

loosh

HSC
yeah i did my p's test there last year and i got a lady called nerida and she was soooo nice i did a 3 point turn in a street with no gutter so it was like impossible to fail! so be really nice to whoeever you have. try book your test in a 40 school zone time.. my route went past gymea tech high and i was in traffic for 12 minutes which is like half the test. also.. go really slow. at least 10 below the speed limit, no matter where you are or what the limit. keep both hands on the wheel if ur in auto and brake for an orange light dont accelarate at all. and when your parking or turning make sure you check behind your shoulders and all your mirrors about 5 times. good luck!

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
hmm riet may be right. apologies. still, half a metre is more than double the distance most people end up from the curb.

Dod0

HSC
Booked it for 12:30 onfriday in 2 weeks time should be good haha

ktinn

HSC
i did mine at miranda - got dragon lady and surprise - i failed, second go i got a really really nice guy and i passed no problems

Dod0

HSC
going tomorrow hoping i get some heaps nice, kind lady haha

pman

Banned
HSC
Jan (dragon lady) failed me cos someone walked withiun 1 metre of my car at a set of traffic lights (they were behind me). if she can't see the errs at without moving, she won't bother to look at all tho.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
If she is this much of a problem, why hasnt she been fired yet?

pman

Banned
HSC
It costs too much to complaign and is too much hassle if you've got an hsc coming up, and you have to prove thats why she failed you, easier to take the test again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)