Missed on campus accommodation?? (1 Viewer)

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
are they red cross members.
have helped with community and school fundraising.
regular blood donor.
3rd place in the State youth league basketball team member.
School and City representative in swimming, athletics, soccer.
+ more.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
It certainly is.

I bullshitted heaps for my on-campus accomodation application, said I'd start bands, and be a leader in the community and was aiming for at least a credit average so I could get into honours.

When I didn't actually do any of those things, I took bullshitting to a whole new level in my application for readmission and was let back for another 2 years!

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
It certainly is.

I bullshitted heaps for my on-campus accomodation application, said I'd start bands, and be a leader in the community and was aiming for at least a credit average so I could get into honours.

When I didn't actually do any of those things, I took bullshitting to a whole new level in my application for readmission and was let back for another 2 years!
should have lied instead of being honest.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Didn't your parent's teach you anything?

You must lie to get ahead in life.

Tbh, I never once lied, I just exaggerated how ambitious I was. I really thought I might achieve some of those things, but then when I got to uni there was too much of the CBF factor.

I was legitimately let back for my second year.

And then after my second year, when I probably wouldn't have been readmitted, since if you fail a single course they generally won't readmit you for on-campus accommodation, I exaggerated how badly a few things that had happened in my life that year had affected me. Only things that really happened. Other people use those things all the time for special consideration, felt it was fair that I should play the system.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
lol do not blame you.

if you don't apply for EAS in the hsc you can bludge over whatever you want.

EAS applicants are pretty scum on the most part.

~untitled~

HSC
I don't like your chances for getting in this year. But if you're still interested definantly try again next year, they seem to prefer older students opposed to unstable 1st year-ers. If you do reapply next year just play up all the team stuff you've done and whatever. as Graney did, just make up random stuff that makes you sound motivated and outgoing. Or alternatively spend your first year trying to get to know people who live in college and use them to get you in. Some girls i met at uni were actuallty going to take me to meet the head of teds so that i could get in, but then i got over the idea and would pretty much rather live off campus.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
i've said it before and i'll say it again, but there's so many old buildings along the train line that are just screaming for gentrification into student accommodation.
If I had a full-time job i'd buy a house around uni and tack on a couple of more rooms. With close proximity to the uni, rooms alone are going for $120+ per week.

Where my gf lives, the guy is doing just that. He's doing Construction Mgmt by Distance, has a full time job, and has renovated (with some mates help) a house in Rae St (10 mins away from uni).

Seven rooms, average rent of $120 per week, gives him $720 a week in rent (he lives in one of the rooms). He's just made a spur of the moment decision to take 3 weeks off work, and go for a holiday to London. Bastard.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
Operation invade Newcastle T-6 hours and counting.

Im'a own this joint.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)