• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Mmmm, finals time (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
I don't know about you guys but I am bloody worried about finals. They're about 3, 4 weeks away and I've suddenly come to the realisation that I don't know jack.

My Chem, Maths and Bio finals are all worth ~60% each, and my Japanese final is worth 20%, thank goodness. But I am getting very stressed. Looks like weekends are loaded with study for the next few weeks.

So how are you guys doing

cayte

Yeah, finals aren't cool. It's like the HSC every 6 months. They're usually not too bad though, you can generally manage to revise most subjects within the stuvac week. Just get the practice papers, most subjects (chem maths bio) will stick to a similar format to the year before. You'll probly find you know more than you thought. Duty tutors and lecturers become available a lot more pretty soon too if you need help with things. Don't stress, all will be fine!!:D

cayte

That said, I will, without a doubt, fail all my subjects this semester. I'm currently on a d average, but I am sure I will bomb the exams. Yay for optimism.

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
we have mid sessions and end of sessions so there isnt as much stress

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by cayte
That said, I will, without a doubt, fail all my subjects this semester. I'm currently on a d average, but I am sure I will bomb the exams. Yay for optimism.
Me too. I have now lost all hope :(
Originally posted by crazybrad
we have mid sessions and end of sessions so there isnt as much stress
We have mid-sessions too, but theyre only worth about 20% of our final assessment mark, as opposed to the 60% for the final exams..

Lundy

Banned
HSC
sitting on a d average and worrying? pff

I wish I was on a d average

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
im shit scared, bio and psych are both 60%, geog 40%, and i choke in exams!
lol in the bio lab yesterday dans like 'put this in ur head, ur gunna need it 4 the exam' and im like 'who thinks jess is gunna fail this exam!?' and hes like 'nooo...' and im 'yes....'

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Its not bothering me, because i got one exam which is open book and its only worth 30%, which isn't that bad.

Ninga

HSC
Exams start next saturday for me :) Yay electromagnetism, im so psyched :)

I've got 4 exams, in a week. Fuckers, like they couldnt spread my exams out over the 2 week exam period.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Only two weeks? And so soon? Where are you from?

Mine are not too far off, about two/three weeks, but my "stuvac" is entirely consumed by this massive groupwork assignment worth 50% of an entire subject mark.

My Physics, Chemistry and Calculus exams are pretty nicely spread, but that just means I'll get lazy and slack off.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
macquarie has no stuvac!!! and im freaking 3 weeks behind with exams in exacttly 15 days!! stupid fuckerS!
all in 3 days too once agen stoopid fukcerS!

Collin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by babydoll_
I don't know about you guys but I am bloody worried about finals. They're about 3, 4 weeks away and I've suddenly come to the realisation that I don't know jack.
That about sums it up.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
For first year's, finals are a bit of a change..
exams are worth more - and you only get usually one week of stuvac..rather than the heaps of weeks for the HSC

by 2nd year, you'll learn what's to be expected come this time of semester

Collin

HSC
N/A
MinaiMinaiMinaiMinaiMinaiMinaiMinaiMinaiMinaiMinaiMinaiMinaiMinaiMinaiMinaiMinaiMinaiMinaiMinaiMinaiMinaiMinaiMinaiMinaiMinaiMinai

Collin

HSC
N/A
Both my advanced maths exams are worth 80%.

Therefore: :uhoh:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Minai
by 2nd year, you'll learn what's to be expected come this time of semester
which is?

Originally posted by eyebrowman
i dont even get the basics that were taught in the first few wk's
hehe, i know how your feeling

Ninga

HSC
Im at Wollongong Uni. We're weeks infront of everyone :) Exam period starts next week and lasts for 2 weeks. Fun fun fun!

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
I have four exams in five days. :( However, I have been studying, and am feeling somewhat confident for most of them, based on past papers I've seen.. 'Early Medieval Europe' is a different thing altogether, with the exam questions being often based on aspects that were barely mentioned in lectures, meaning that quite a lot of separate research is needed to have a proper idea.

Values for my exams range from 30% to 67%. Better than the HSC at least, when your mark was basically determined by the exam. [Trying to maintain a HD average in two subjects, a D average in another, and hopefully improve my HC average in Early Medieval..]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)