Mobile Phone Plan For Student (1 Viewer)

Apex

HSC
Hey,

I'm after a mobile phone plan around the $20-$30 mark. I will be using it largely for web browsing and phone calls. (A decent camera would also be a priority). Any plans which come to mind fitting this criteria? I have been looking at the Nokia E63 on a $29 cap but wifi/3g would be extra?

Thanks for any help in advance

Aeriff

HSC
wifi is obviously free.

exetel have good data allowances. they use the optus network. exetel.com.au

virgin is also good for data and if you have a lot of mates on virgin then it makes it worth it. check out their rollover plus caps.

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
3 have pretty decent rates. You can get a decent internet package for like $8/month I think. The e63/e71 are decent phones for web browsing too.

"Exetel Mobile Capped Plans delivered via the Vodafone network (1/12/2009)"

Last edited:

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
wifi is obviously free.

exetel have good data allowances. they use the optus network. exetel.com.au

virgin is also good for data and if you have a lot of mates on virgin then it makes it worth it. check out their rollover plus caps.
This. I'm on a rollover plus cap. Used to be with 3 but they don't let you use your internet plans when roaming and didn't offer as much data for my money for how much I need. Also, 3's roaming reception went REALLY shonky in my area after their company merged with Vodafone and they apparently stopped roaming off Telstra. Virgin use Optus towers for reception and while I'd heard a few people complain about them, I've had absolutely no troubles with it so far at all.

edit: Yeah, also keep in mind that if you have friends on Virgin then all calls and texts should be free to them, so like Aeriff said that can really work out for you.

Last edited:

3cho_Syk3s

HSC
I'm on the $29 dollar cap for the E71 with Vodafone which is a good overall bargain i believe especially when the phone is valued bout 800 or 900 dollars and has some good features.

bdude

HSC
Do you already have a phone? Telstra pre-paid has a good deal at the moment where when you recharge $30 you get 100 free talk minutes and 200 free texts plus you can use the $30 oother things like "plus packs" i.e. you can buy a 100MB plus pack (or three) for $10

RDX

one8seven
HSC
Uni Grad
Optus have a $29 cap now too also.

I just ended up going with the network where most of my family and friends were on.

Last edited:

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
I'm on the $29 dollar cap for the E71 with Vodafone which is a good overall bargain i believe especially when the phone is valued bout 800 or 900 dollars and has some good features.
The phone is $300 at most.

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
Oh really? is that upfront or on the plan? because my contract is to pay off the phone and credit its $29 per month for 2 years which is almost 700 at the end of those two years.
They give you the phone for free in return you have to pay that $700 in 24 months. The $29 a month is simply how much you pay for the credit. The higher the cap value the better phone you can get.

tyman88

HSC
ckeck out this dodo mobile phone deal.. you get the Sony ercicsson G502 which I heard is an awesome phone along with $650 in free calls and 250MB data for only $29.90. A couple of my mates joined and I think I'll do the same. Apparently you also get infinite rewards card which gives you discounts at shops, holidays etc...great stuff dodo!! check out Dodo Cheap Mobile Cap Plan -Exclusive offer from BestPhoneDeals.com.au

appletoa

HSC
People/bots who join forums simply to promote stuff annoy me...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)