Mock Trial (1 Viewer)

*Jezzza

HSC
Uni Grad
Heya, who out there is doing Mock Trial this year and what side are they on for this latest case?

*Jezzza

HSC
Uni Grad
About the Mock Trial Competition The Mock Trial Competition is open to students in years 10 and 11 up to the age of 21. It is conducted by the Law Society of NSW and is a practical means of introducing students to the law and to increase understanding of the basis of our judicial system. The competition also helps students to increase basic skills such as listening, speaking, writing, reading and analysing. The goal is not to win for the sake of winning, but to learn and understand the meaning of good citizenship through participation in our system of law and justice. All who participate in the Mock Trial Competition are winners in this sense.
Each team consists of 6 students who play the roles of barristers, lawyers and witnesses. The Law Society provides each team with Coaches and Magistrates, together with a complete set of the case materials and Competition Manual. Coaches teach the students about Court Procedure and Advocacy techniques. The cases are confined to simple criminal and civil matters heard in the Local or District Court.
All information and materials relating to the competition are posted to the web site for schools to access. This includes a comprehensive Mock Trial Manual which details the Mock Trial Rules and Procedures and the skills which are assessed in each mock trial. Also available is a contact list of participating schools with the names and telephone numbers of the co-ordinating teachers and coaches. Additionally a regional roster will be posted to the web each round, which details the role played by the school, their opponent and the name of the Magistrate allocated to the judge the trial.
Any amendments or changes to scripts or timetables etc are emailed immediately to teachers.
The first four rounds of the Competition are run on a regional round robin-basis, and the rounds are held in each of the ten regions from February to late May. The top 64 scoring teams across NSW and the ACT then compete on a knockout basis until two schools are left to meet for the State Grand Final in early December.
The winner of the State Grand Final is then eligible to compete in the International Mock Trial against the winning UK school. This International trial is held early the following year via video conferencing and is sponsored by the British Council.
Bond University School of Law sponsors the Mock Trial Competition by providing a part-fee scholarship to the winning advocate in the Competition to study law at Bond University School of Law.
Source: Law Society of New South Wales - About the Mock Trial Competition

HSC
Yeah I'm doing it but there's been a mix up with what school's doing what so it may take a while to get it all sorted.

*Jezzza

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, same for my school... we aren't even on the roster and apparently there are 27 other schools out there that are in the same situation.. This Robyn Cross person isn't very organised.

omnipotent

HSC
Im on the defence, first year I'm doing it as my school didn't run it last year.
Going for second Barrister. Would be good if anyone had some videos of some previous mock trials , just to see how their formatted.

Guesss

HSC
Hey i'm doing mock trials 2.... yeah this round we are the prosecution!
I think we r versing Auburn Girls 4 the first round.
Our Mock trial is next thursday wbu?

Oh and um yeah i wnted 2 c some videos of past mock trials 2...just 2 get an idea of wat its like! Omnipotent u should try youtube... i'v been meaning 2 just havent got round 2 it yet :)

btw. Good Luck 2 u all! :)

Aznmichael92

HSC
I am doing mock trials this year but for the first round, I do not have a role. Next round I will be solicitor. We are the prosecution for this round.

So far everything looks good :D

Guesss

HSC
I am doing mock trials this year but for the first round, I do not have a role. Next round I will be solicitor. We are the prosecution for this round.

So far everything looks good :D
Wat skool? I wanna noe. if i'm gonna verse you! :) i'm a court officer in the first round!

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
Im doing mooting which isnt the same but I have done mock trial in year 9/10. Goodluck to everyone!

Aznmichael92

HSC
:) oh okay then no worriz! Query though; do u only verse International Grammar?
nope only for this round. Next round is still unkown. They will tell the teacher like the beginning of the month for each round. So like in March we will be notified of our opponent for the next round.

In case you didn't know, the first four rounds are preliminary rounds which means it is not an elimination round. It is just like a round robin round. The top 64 schools will proceed to eliminations.

Guesss

HSC
nope only for this round. Next round is still unkown. They will tell the teacher like the beginning of the month for each round. So like in March we will be notified of our opponent for the next round.

In case you didn't know, the first four rounds are preliminary rounds which means it is not an elimination round. It is just like a round robin round. The top 64 schools will proceed to eliminations.
Ohh Okay ... cya there! (if we make it!)

Good luck

Aznmichael92

HSC
i just realise, the last day for the round to be completed is next friday! So quick! We haven't done any preparations

Guesss

HSC
OMG we still haven't done our first round.... FRICKEN magistrate

How'd every1 go? prosecution win?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)