mod c (1 Viewer)

Wizjaro

HSC
Heres another one - these are such big stinkers:

Stimulus 1: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. Sir Winston Churchill

Stimulus 2 – I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky. ... John Masefield, Sea Fever
Yea questions like these are a great example of the potential versatility of mod C questions

zizi2003_

HSC
ok so the issue is that i dont mind writing on the spot for mod C
BUT what if I dont get the question itself?? like how do you interpret something like what @uniqueusername1 mentioned^

uniqueusername1

HSC
BUT what if I dont get the question itself?? like how do you interpret something like what @uniqueusername1 mentioned^
don't worry if you didn't get it I probs didn't either lol.

Just write what you think it means. What else can you do?

Just BS in the reflection lol.

Wizjaro

HSC
Well that's the thing about English, it is subjective. As long as you can explain why you took it in such a way in your reflection you should be fine. For instance one stimulus I came across was about wolfs and I wrote about constancy vs change because the extract kept repeating the word haha.

zizi2003_

HSC
Well that's the thing about English, it is subjective. As long as you can explain why you took it in such a way in your reflection you should be fine. For instance one stimulus I came across was about wolfs and I wrote about constancy vs change because the extract kept repeating the word haha.
true true...do you have any tips on coming up with ideas quickly esp for discursives? also, do you usually have 3 body paras/main ideas for discursives?

uniqueusername1

HSC
true true...do you have any tips on coming up with ideas quickly esp for discursives? also, do you usually have 3 body paras/main ideas for discursives?
theres no real structure for discursive as you're not trying to convince anyone or anything. But I like discursive cause you can just write what comes into mind and it flows pretty easily.

uniqueusername1

HSC
Its all fun and games until they remove the reflection component...

Wizjaro

HSC
Anecdotes are your best friend and they don't even have to be real(which is the best part). Rhetorical questions are also a staple of discursive so would recommend. So just find a third technique which you vibe with.(allusions and extended metaphors and recurring motifs come to mind.) Also make sure your topic is very clear from the get go, It shouldn't become clear halfway through the piece ya feel me? Also I don't tend to have a set limit of ideas but yea 3+ paragraphs make a good discursive in my opinion haha.

uniqueusername1

HSC
um same...
but then again ig it's like an essay except u use first person and a bit more informal ig ig
no i don't think you use first person in persuasive. Do you? I'm pretty sure thats just discursive.

zizi2003_

HSC
Anecdotes are your best friend and they don't even have to be real(which is the best part). Rhetorical questions are also a staple of discursive so would recommend. So just find a third technique which you vibe with.(allusions and extended metaphors and recurring motifs come to mind.) Also make sure your topic is very clear from the get go, It shouldn't become clear halfway through the piece ya feel me? Also I don't tend to have a set limit of ideas but yea 3+ paragraphs make a good discursive in my opinion haha.
waitttt
how can we use an extended metaphor / motif in a discursive?

Wizjaro

HSC
waitttt
how can we use an extended metaphor / motif in a discursive?
Ok so drawing from one of my Mod C texts, A home in fiction, an extended metaphor of the ocean/water is used throughout as a way for the composer to explore the power of writing. And in an earlier discursive I wrote at like the start of year 12 I used a plant as an extended metaphor(though this does tend to be overused). Recommend unique ideas include a dagger(idk sounds cool.), a computer(idk anything about tech though), soap(the possibilities are endless.) Idk I feel like choosing the symbol is the funnest part because you begin to tear apart simple objects in your life and find abstract meaning in them. A good example was one of my friends had an extended metaphor of an onion and it was written beautifully.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)