• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

modded ps2 (1 Viewer)

ReaveR

HSC
Originally posted by :: ryan.cck ::
250!? bullcrap

my friend got it done for like 80 sth

wasnt from there tho
lol guess I got rorted.
But then again my bro and parents paid for it, and I've still got he receipt. Three of them, from taking them back because of my dodgy laser. Hmph.

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
Originally posted by Newbie
i wana play that socom game :(
I already have:

Think of it as a dumbed-down Counterstrike.
That's all it is.
(On a smaller screen. And using weird buttons to move.)

Heck, in CS at least there's the possibility of addons, eg. cameras, cannons, etc.
But in this... It's just badly rendered buildings with DREADFUL amounts of fog. You can hardly see anything more than about 10 metres in front of you.

In short, I hate it.

(Edit - And there's no command-macro's, so you either have to stop dead and use the menu (instead a quick X-1, or C-5), or wait until the voice line is free and use that (as per CS).)

Last edited:

dudditz

Retired Member
HSC
I got mine done at Gold Coast Mod Chips.
Alternatively, you could buy the chip off the net (much cheaper that way), and install it yourself :)

pchomer

HSC
Would any1 noe when ps2 emulators will be out ???

pchomer

HSC
Frigid said:
slot-loading is bad... but if someone can hack the PSX it sounds pretty powerful...
i think epsxe is the best psx emulator around but had to find the bios and plugins separately. :(

alien

HSC
i told some kid at work about the PSX and the ps3 and he was all mouthing off to me that the psx had all ready come out and that i didn't know what i was talking about. i guess he'll see when they come out.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
pchomer said:
Would any1 noe when ps2 emulators will be out ???
Emulators for what? They exist for PC but they arent stable and dont cover all games. I know a few exist to install on your Xbox to enable you to play PS2 games, but they are similarly limited.

blackbunny

HSC
ReaveR said:
lol guess I got rorted.
But then again my bro and parents paid for it, and I've still got he receipt. Three of them, from taking them back because of my dodgy laser. Hmph.
i got ps2 of ebay with chip and 120 gig , and my ps2 V7 cant read princo dvd's for shit. if i clean the lazer will it read them properly, caz this guy that i bought it of says princo is fine for ps2.

PS2MODS

HSC
i do ps2 mods for $50, msg me if interested

a good brand to play ps2 games on is ritech, they read perfectly ive had no problems with them so far

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
PS2MODS said:
i do ps2 mods for $50, msg me if interested

a good brand to play ps2 games on is ritech, they read perfectly ive had no problems with them so far
just to correct this guy .. its ritek, and make sure you get the dvd-rw g04 dye

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
on the slim ps2's the laser is kinda weak and burns out easily. So if you use cheap media (like princo), it creates more work for the laser and hence it'll burn out quicker. If your using el-cheapo media ... the laser has a higher chance of burning out. I say spend the extra 10 buckz and get some good dvd blanks (ritek g04 seem to be the best)

PS2MODS

HSC
cyrax83 said:
on the slim ps2's the laser is kinda weak and burns out easily. So if you use cheap media (like princo), it creates more work for the laser and hence it'll burn out quicker. If your using el-cheapo media ... the laser has a higher chance of burning out. I say spend the extra 10 buckz and get some good dvd blanks (ritek g04 seem to be the best)
im not running ps2 slimline atm :)

all my games are tested and run on ps2 ver 3 - 5

even if the slimline laser dies out eventually should be still covered under warranty, thats what the mod is made for

but i guess ur right with the dvd-rw, ill take a look into it, thanks for the tip

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)