Moderately easy exam (1 Viewer)

greerski1

HSC
where is everyone getting these school rankings from? unless they're ranks of this year's extension one maths candidates they are irrelivant to the subject of the difficulty of the exam. If they are ranks based on previous year's UAI results then stop cashing in on the hard work of other students.
Also sja you're a tool.
And would an exam sent from God really only be "moderately easy"? He hasn't ever done anything in half measures before this.

dongypro

HSC
u make me lol

i think u mean .. i found question 1 easy

even then.. the last question in Q1 was hard.. for a lot of people even though i got it

i bet a lot of people forgot b = + or - 16
:)

i know ur bullshitting about the test being "easy"

u have pissed off a lot of people LOL

switchfootfan

HSC
i do agree that this was a thread full of crap and nothing else
hard....enough said
i ran out of time but i think that if i had only 20 minutes more i would have answered all i could have (ie. not much more) i reckon i lost around 31 marks in total so that is 62% which i hope is at least getting close to a band 6...
by the way that induction question (note i only saw this after the exam) was really easy. all you had to do was a bit of metal gymnastics with part c and you got it in 2-3 lines. lol what can you do.

ali777

HSC
bananasmoothy said:
Either that, or he and the rest of his district missed about 3/4 of the paper.
im thinking his school didnt get the paper at all...they just filled out their attendance slips and put their student numbers on their booklets and thought that was the exam finished...hope it didnt take them the whole 2 hours...

oasis

HSC
im relieved that most people didnt find it easy! i thought it was alright, maybe a bit harder than last few years exams but hey, it doesnt matter too much since they will probably take it into consideration when they do the scaling for math ext

crazedmo2003

HSC
Well, it seems like Baulko will be displaced this year for sure because our entire school collectively complained about the difficulty of this exam, beaten by whichever school happens to be ranked 183rd.

cruzer

HSC
behemoth100 said:
First of all, though I have NEVER insulted or badgered anyone over their opinion, as this is a free country and I enjoy reading what everyone thinks;
Sja, you are an IDIOT.
My school does reasonably well (probably top 20 in maths) and I was doing fairly well in maths extension (averaging 90%) but so far in this test I have list 22 marks (though to be fair I'm about 99% sure I got the rest). The main reason was time.
Now if you found the test easy, congratulations but don't, NOT FOR ONE SECOND, tell me that your school in the 180's collectively found it easy. Not one person I talked to found it easy, and my friend who is currently coming 4th in our school (like 98%) missed 8 marks in that test.
All you are doing is making the rest of the people reading this forum who want to have a friendly discussion about the test feel pessimistic and no one needs that. So instead of acting high and mighty about how brilliant you and the rest of your 182nd placed school are at maths, why don't you take the time to think about the effect your words have on others.
Personally it only pisses me off, as I'm getting a band 6 in everything except English and I can drop 3 unit maths so how I went is irrelevant, but seriously just think about others.
The induction question was not easy, and if you think that probability question was the easiest question ever you are F***ing on drugs (take a look at the success 1 Maths extension book, most probability qs are Qs 2 or 3). Question 7 wasn’t that difficult, however I (and from what I have heard/read a lot of others) ran out of time so didn’t even get to start it.
Now this is a public forum but starting a topic called "MODERATELY EASY EXAM" when the rest are discussing how hard the exam, and then immediately claiming that almost every person in an average school thought it was extremely easy, and then further striking the nail home by claiming in big bold letters that you’re' "glad they made it as reasonably easy as this" points out 2 things.
First that your an asshole, because any modest person who thought a that a difficult exam was easy don't feel the need to highlight their accomplishments in bold. And two, the fact that you need to take time out of your day to be an asshole illustrates just how sad your life is.
LOL at every post in this thread.

Dude, he's being sarcastic. But I guess sarcasm doesn't come out well on the net. (In any case I'm wrong, then fuck him.)

Nevertheless, yeh it was like pretty hard for a 3u paper. 4u students wouldn't have had that much trouble with it.

cruzer

HSC
crazedmo2003 said:
Well, it seems like Baulko will be displaced this year for sure because our entire school collectively complained about the difficulty of this exam, beaten by whichever school happens to be ranked 183rd.
That's right. DIE BAULKO! ^

mel4dan

not at all easy, all the other people in my class thought it was hard.

fayna

HSC
bahahah 183rd school? man my school is ranked 2nd aiite...and it was a hard exam..our teachers found it hard..u prolly had no clue as to what u answered...so quit boasting abt 183rd...big deal...suck on 2nd

dunno04

HSC
sja said:
My school is ranked about 183rd and everyone in my centre found the exam pretty easy. A lot of my friends from other schools also went really well. I just want to know, are most of you guys here ranked in the bottom 10 of your class?

The band 6 cut off should be about 70/84.

Just about everyone I know finished on time but I think some people are stressing because they didn't get the induction question so they might only get 2/3 for that and it'll probably hurt them since the rest was easy I'm pretty sure the majority of the state would have got that right.

The projectile question was pretty easy because you had a vertical projectile and you just had to equate the distances. Parametrics and Circle geometry were also extremely easy. This exam was missing a LOT of the 3U content. Everyone says that they've never seen an easier probability question as well.

They gave you the answers to most of it. If you don't see yourself getting above 69-70/84 then don't consider yourself getting an E4 (band 6). This has been a god sent exam, I'm glad they made it as reasonably easy as this.
well...i guess mayb ur expectation is different.
Because when i say easy, that means i can finish the question.
NOw...i can't even finish the question, and i fudge a lot of question.
SO i guess it is really hard For question 5-7

ali777

HSC
just one more thing to add...i dont know exactly where my school is ranked, but i think its in the top 50. not like it makes that much of a difference. but over 100 students sat the 3U exam at my school yesterday, and i didnt see too many thrilled faces leaving that exam room.

maybe sja is just heaps smart, and is also rude & lacking in social skills. or maybe he just doesnt realise that he's made a few mistakes and he hasnt done as well as he thought. but either way, this has been an extremely amusing thread!!

im just glad maths is over. good luck to you sja....i hope you get a precious band E4 and can locate some friends who actually want to celebrate with you...

vojnik

HSC
Rofl wait..so this thread is basically about how much of a FUCKING HERO SJA IS?

roflll

cruzer

HSC
It's about how everyone has been fooled to think SJA is being serious with his mockery.

konstantine'

HSC
cruzer said:
It's about how everyone has been fooled to think SJA is being serious with his mockery.
Haha agreed :D. I'm pretty sure it worked quite well too. 70/84 for band E4 cut off? Kiss my ass.

un 1

HSC
N/A
:mad1:
sja said:
My school is ranked about 183rd and everyone in my centre found the exam pretty easy. A lot of my friends from other schools also went really well. I just want to know, are most of you guys here ranked in the bottom 10 of your class?

The band 6 cut off should be about 70/84.

Just about everyone I know finished on time but I think some people are stressing because they didn't get the induction question so they might only get 2/3 for that and it'll probably hurt them since the rest was easy I'm pretty sure the majority of the state would have got that right.

The projectile question was pretty easy because you had a vertical projectile and you just had to equate the distances. Parametrics and Circle geometry were also extremely easy. This exam was missing a LOT of the 3U content. Everyone says that they've never seen an easier probability question as well.

They gave you the answers to most of it. If you don't see yourself getting above 69-70/84 then don't consider yourself getting an E4 (band 6). This has been a god sent exam, I'm glad they made it as reasonably easy as this.

Finally man, someone says the truth about this 3U exam, wat the fuck is everyone complaining about, i barely studied and found the exam to be a sinch and extremely easy bypass. What is this bullcrap about schools coming 2nd and finding it hard, u just made that up. This pretending that the exam is hard is getting us nowhere and ppl are soon going to realise the reality of how easy the exam was. My school is ranked 9th and no one was complaining. I did see thrilled faces of students expecting the exam to be really hard and ppl were happy of how easy it turned out to be.

I agree wuth the truth and sja has been an a vehicle for this truth and its various elements, Thank you for saying your opinion even when u know people may not want to know the truth just what suits them, bcz the board f studies is not going to scale everuyone 1000000000 marks just bcz students are pretending it was hard, get a life and get along with betta thinga than butching this smart fellow,
The band 6 cuttoff would be around 72 and nothing les, too bad 4 u if u cant get it, bcz a person who studied the night b4 ca, ds that disappoint u, so go to hell and filter bw ur brain and big mouth>>>

lakshman2505

HSC
Sheesh, i think you're trying to look smart or something here

My school's ranked number one, and we had people complaining, and i missed out a couple of marks...stupid differentiation...so messy

So if your school found it easy, they were either drunk or just plain stupid

Or perhaps both

And if the cut off for band six is 70, i'll eat my hat, if it isn't you can eat yours

kido_1

pRoFFeSSoR
HSC
Yeeks these forums are beginning to turn into an msn chat room. Lets get back to the point here.
Clearly there seems to be something dodgy about that un guy which leaves me deeply delirious. On one hand he says 2U was so hard and 3U was so easy, which doesn't seem to conform to his previous ideals of failing exams and being a bludger.

The 3U paper was indeed a moderate-challenging paper. We have heard two sides of the coin of the extremities that leave us divided in this predicament, the side which says it is outrageously easy and somewhat farcically inept and inconclusive, in contrast to the flip side which conceives that this exam was extremely difficult and to an extent helps resonate its impossible nature which will bear fruition in the performance descriptors and peoples acheivements.
The uncoordinated and flimsy nature of some forum participants echoes the question of what we are realy discussing and in essence the ultimate channel of exam hallmarks and its incumbent perceptions by the general student community.
Having the time to have appreciated the 3U examination, upon deeper inspection it was determined to be rather deep in its request for students knowledge of the topic, being more thorough and indiscrete than previous years, endeavouring to inadvertently elicit its dynamic and disproportionate results in the scaling and alignment procedures that the Board Of Studies contrives to peregrinate through.

In simple terms, lets stop fighting and get along with it. The only other biased view I hold is that 'Riviet' was a strong mentor of mine last year and gave me an insight into very difficult questions. I seemed almost flabbergasted and filled with trepidation upon hearing that the exam was hard. If He found it hard the exam must have been on the difficult agenda of the horizon.

Overall, one must understand that the ultimate glory comes not in the exam itself but the results that bcome of it, it is only the anxiety and thinking procedures which purport to the true nature of examinations.

PsssT(Get along with these exams, there not worth the time and argument over .)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)