Modern History is nearing. (1 Viewer)

JDurrant

HSC
Hardly studying for Core- is this bad?

Will be fine with Germany if its- Foreign policy, racial, weimar or totalitarianism

Indo- we'll see

RubyJBrown

HSC
i cant wait to get this one over with :) the only one ive really studied for so i hope i go well.

Russia 1917 - 1941

The Cold War (such a big topic!!)

Gorbachev

simone.lee

HSC
This is the exam I'm the most worried about...modern is easily my worst subject.
I'm ranked first, so hopefully that will help me.

WW1 - I'll be happy with anything except for stalemate and specific battles eg. Verdun, Passchendaele...I have no idea about that, I'm hoping for home fronts or women or something like that. WW1 is the easiest topic, never gotten anything below 20 out of 25 for it and I hardly even study.

China - Reallllly worried about this. If the question is anything about the Japanese Invasion or the Civil War or reason for Communist victory, I'm screwed. I hope it's the Nationalist Decade or the Long March or something like that.

Gorbachev - Part a) will be alright if it's something on his background, education or rise to prominence..I think I know enough to bullshit it. Part b) I'm assuming will be one of those stupid generic quotes. If it's not easily adaptable to Gorby, I am once again screwed. I can't do those quotes.

Cold War - I'm cool with anything except the end and renewal of the cold war....we didn't really go into that in much depth in class considering my teacher stopped turning up to lessons towards the end of term 3.

Yeh so overall, it should be alright except for china & part B) of gorbachev.
I will be making a fair bit of it up, but that's inevitable for me. I did that in my trial and got 82%.
I'm hoping for mid-high band 5, band 6 would be awesome but I don't think it's possible haha.

HSC
simone.lee said:
Gorbachev - Part a) will be alright if it's something on his background, education or rise to prominence..I think I know enough to bullshit it. Part b) I'm assuming will be one of those stupid generic quotes. If it's not easily adaptable to Gorby, I am once again screwed. I can't do those quotes.
gorbachev's one of the personalities!!?
oh man i wish we did him instead of trotsky..

what was the core in catholic trial?.. they tend to get it right

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Core in Catholic Trials was Total War and Women.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
I await:
Germany
Cold War
Gorby.

I'm psyched for Germany especially.
And, WW1 - My opinion is Women or Home Fronts.

Pretty confident...But still going to study like hell in the next two days. woo

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Apart from the personality study, historians - quoting or general overview of the debates? (or both)?

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
hey kujah

wat was south africa and indochina please...if you dont mind looking

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Kujah said:
Apart from the personality study, historians - quoting or general overview of the debates? (or both)?
Both, depending on the Q.
Ie. for Hitler's role in the Nazi state - Debates (Structuralism/Intentionalism)
But for other dotpoints - Historians tend to fit in better with a synthesised argument.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
SA:
- Assess the role of the security forces in enforcing the South African govt's apartheid policy.
- Assess the significance of the Sharpeville massacre in the development of national resistance to apartheid.

Indochina:
- Assess the impact of AMerican involvement in Vietnam between 1964 and 1973.
- Assess the impact that the spread of the conflict from Vietnam had on Cambodia in the period up to 1979.

oth16

HSC
no nazi foreign policy pleaseeee !
failure of weimar- yes yes !!! bring it on =)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
fallenstar said:
Both, depending on the Q.
Ie. for Hitler's role in the Nazi state - Debates (Structuralism/Intentionalism)
But for other dotpoints - Historians tend to fit in better with a synthesised argument.
So you'd say something like how "According to the intentionalist historian, Alan Bullock, Hitler was a '.....' ". On the other hand, the structuralist historian, Ian Kershaw points out that '....' [but give an overview of the actual intentionalist/structuralist debate before you quote these guys]?

HSC
hey yeah, if you don't mind could you also let me know what the russia + cold war questions were?

thankyouuuu

Kujah

HSC
N/A
nirvanafreak02 said:
hey yeah, if you don't mind could you also let me know what the russia + cold war questions were?

thankyouuuu
Russia:
- How successful were the Bolsheviks in consolidating their power in Russian society by 1924?
- Assess the view that Stalinist Russia was a totalitarian state.

Cold War:
- Assess the significance of the arms race in the development of the Cold War to '68.
- Explain the economic and political reasons for the development of the detente.

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
Kujah said:
SA:
- Assess the role of the security forces in enforcing the South African govt's apartheid policy.
- Assess the significance of the Sharpeville massacre in the development of national resistance to apartheid.

Indochina:
- Assess the impact of AMerican involvement in Vietnam between 1964 and 1973.
- Assess the impact that the spread of the conflict from Vietnam had on Cambodia in the period up to 1979.
okaii south africa isnt bad...definatlyy do the sharpeville one
umm...indochina...hmmm...79...79...is that wen the khmer rouge or at their peak of power?...ny1?
yeaa id do american involvement...so much to talk bout...e.g. policy, political structure, people, alienation, re-invigorated nationalism...e.t.c.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Kujah said:
So you'd say something like how "According to the intentionalist historian, Alan Bullock, Hitler was a '.....' ". On the other hand, the structuralist historian, Ian Kershaw points out that '....' [but give an overview of the actual intentionalist/structuralist debate before you quote these guys]?
Yeah, a short one-sentence overview would be good, I think. ie. "Intentionalist perspectives of the Nazi State hold that..." and then use a supporting historian: "Bullock supports this contention by asserting that..." according to the question of course.

urbanstylz

HSC
For modern im awaiting:

Russia and the societ union

Leon Trotsky

Conflict in Europe

I hope the questions go my way...

Alex499

HSC
Germany 1918-1939
Albert Speer
Cold War

Freaking love modern. I'm relying on it to make up for how maths is going to go on monday.
In saying that if we don't get fall of weimar I'll be raped for Germany

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)