Modern History - Russia Essay Predictions (1 Viewer)

stressedadfff

HSC
no clue hopefully nothing on the competing vision or sfp though!

stressedadfff

HSC
Hi guys!!! What do yall think they might ask this year for the Russia topic?
also, do you know whether this would be from the conslidation section or "stalinism" for last years question
"Assess the political, social and economic impacts of the Bolshevik consolidation of power on the Soviet Union."

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
also, do you know whether this would be from the conslidation section or "stalinism" for last years question
"Assess the political, social and economic impacts of the Bolshevik consolidation of power on the Soviet Union."
ohhh idk. i would probs talk about stalinism since I know more info on that 😆

MalaMark04

HSC
Hi guys!!! What do yall think they might ask this year for the Russia topic?
I reckon they might ask a question on the Economic transformation under Stalin (since they did the political transformation last year) - could also be social/cultural. I pray they don't ask anything again on the Bolshevik Consolidation of Power (I'm just disregarding the survey), but they might ask about the power struggle since they already did Stalin's emergence in 2019 and consolidation of power in 2020.

MalaMark04

HSC
That's from the first dotpoint of the consolidation section; its asking for the impact of the Bolshevik consolidation not the impact of Stalinism.

stressedadfff

HSC
I reckon they might ask a question on the Economic transformation under Stalin (since they did the political transformation last year) - could also be social/cultural. I pray they don't ask anything again on the Bolshevik Consolidation of Power (I'm just disregarding the survey), but they might ask about the power struggle since they already did Stalin's emergence in 2019 and consolidation of power in 2020.
what could they ask about the power struggle??
i hope its either social and cultureal or economic transformation i know nothing else HAHAH (not soviet foreign policy and ideology... either)

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
i hope its either social and cultureal or economic transformation i know nothing else HAHAH (not soviet foreign policy and ideology... either)
They could probs ask why Stalin emerged successful in the power struggle that took place after Lenin's death. E.g. this was a past HSC question:

"What was striking about the General Secretary was that there was nothing striking about him."

Assess the importance of personality in Stalin's successful pursuit of power after the death of Lenin.

SAMEEEEE i literally don't understand the foreign policy shit at all, it's so boring ugh

MalaMark04

HSC
idk maybe something like "Explain the reasons for the power struggle between Stalin, Trotsky and other leading Bolshevik figures in the 1920s." - or it could relate to competing visions.
That's the only type of question they haven't asked yet from the "Consolidation section", they could repeat a similar question to 2019 and ask reasons for Stalin's emergence. But I'll always take a "Stalin transformation" question over that any day.

MalaMark04

HSC
I'd put money (and pray) that there's at least an economic transformation or social/cultural transformation question this year cos they haven't asked any of them yet. And if they ask a soviet foreign policy question (which is equally likely as a Stalin transformation question) it would be on the role of ideology, cos they already asked about the aims in 2019.

stressedadfff

HSC
They could probs ask why Stalin emerged successful in the power struggle that took place after Lenin's death. E.g. this was a past HSC question:

"What was striking about the General Secretary was that there was nothing striking about him."

Assess the importance of personality in Stalin's successful pursuit of power after the death of Lenin.

SAMEEEEE i literally don't understand the foreign policy shit at all, it's so boring ugh
ewwww thats so yuckbut they asked that 2019 so hopefully no :(

stressedadfff

HSC
I'd put money (and pray) that there's at least an economic transformation or social/cultural transformation question this year cos they haven't asked any of them yet. And if they ask a soviet foreign policy question (which is equally likely as a Stalin transformation question) it would be on the role of ideology, cos they already asked about the aims in 2019.
i hope its about changes under stalinism that would be sooo good :(

stressedadfff

HSC
idk maybe something like "Explain the reasons for the power struggle between Stalin, Trotsky and other leading Bolshevik figures in the 1920s." - or it could relate to competing visions.
That's the only type of question they haven't asked yet from the "Consolidation section", they could repeat a similar question to 2019 and ask reasons for Stalin's emergence. But I'll always take a "Stalin transformation" question over that any day.
do you know whether they could ask a question directly from the survey for the essay modules?

@MalaMark04 @iwanttodogoodinschool

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)