modern history (1 Viewer)

deliberately

HSC
anyone else's teachers gone apeshit with photocopies and booklets and just overloaded them with reading materials on JFK (or whatever you're studying)? no? just mine then...

SO MANY ESSAYS

:jaw:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
deliberately said:
anyone else's teachers gone apeshit with photocopies and booklets and just overloaded them with reading materials on JFK (or whatever you're studying)? no? just mine then...

SO MANY ESSAYS

:jaw:
It get's worse in yr 12 esp if your teacher is a tree chopping photocopy junkie :(
By the end of year 12 everyone brought back two of those coles green bags full of photocopied modern history material.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I'm exactly the opposite. Rather than giving sheets and booklets, we write ALOT and I have around 3-4 textbooks for each module.

spoonbender

HSC
We're doing the civil rights movement at the moment. We've gotten a few photocopies, not too bad but my teacher's got a HUGE binder of sheets for this unit alone so I think we're in for a real treat. And I hear the Ancient History got a billion handouts in their first lesson.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I hope I receive a textbook for history. It doesn't look like we are, though I have an Excel Modern History Study Guide of my own. I'm just sick of receiving these copious amounts of historical sources and information. That's the most annoying thing about the subject. It's not the work. I just hate having so much paper around.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Haha, I didn't even have a textbook in Year 11- a stark contrast to now.

jellybelly59

HSC
lol my teacher just keeps talking like no tommorow.... not about stuff that is irrelevant but now i have to make notes from the textbook and when he is talking which kinda sucks.... we're doing the french revolution which is awesome

Kujah

HSC
N/A
French Revolution was pretty good. Are you guys going by a theme in Year 11? We did Revolutions - the French, Industrial, Russian, Indochinese~

We finished the Industrial revolution in around 20 minutes :eek:

deliberately

HSC
Wooz said:
It get's worse in yr 12 esp if your teacher is a tree chopping photocopy junkie :(
By the end of year 12 everyone brought back two of those coles green bags full of photocopied modern history material.
hahaha yeah that sounds about right... wow can't wait...

we have a textbook - we're yet to use it though. i think the topics that we're doing are JFK, Russian Revolution and then the teacher still hasn't decided between South Africa/Ireland/Decolonisation of Indo-China... fun times

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
I'm only up to the beginning of topic 2 and I have two VERY, VERY THICK folders of sheets.

skilli21

HSC
deliberately said:

SO MANY ESSAYS
hey i'm doing JFK too..
have you watched the Oliver Stone movie? I have a massive assignment due on it!!

private

HSC
jellybelly59 said:
lol my teacher just keeps talking like no tommorow.... not about stuff that is irrelevant but now i have to make notes from the textbook and when he is talking which kinda sucks.... we're doing the french revolution which is awesome

ur so lucky! once you hear what our teacher has given us (also with a load of booklets and one giant textbook) you'll thank god

We're doing - get ready for it - The social consequences of industrialisation in Great Britain

Help!!!!!

HSC
spoonbender said:
And I hear the Ancient History got a billion handouts in their first lesson.
Yeah, we got alot of booklets. Well three. lol. They aren't that big, but thats ok. But i hate the booklets.. i want to write sometimes, and have sheets too. I full made my ancient history book pretty and we hardly write in it. =[

Kujah

HSC
N/A
private said:
ur so lucky! once you hear what our teacher has given us (also with a load of booklets and one giant textbook) you'll thank god

We're doing - get ready for it - The social consequences of industrialisation in Great Britain

Help!!!!!
:sleep:

-bonfire

HSC
Urgg, my teacher has no consideration for the environment either!
My plastic sleeve is about to burst from all the booklets we are getting.
Oh and I'm studying the decline and fall of the Romanov dynasty.. anyone else doing it here?
I'm glad we get to do it tbh, I find it very interesting :)

jellybelly59

HSC
have all u guys finished the french revolution - reign of terror 1792-1795 already?.... cause i just finished dat and were JUST starting on the decline and fall of the romanov dynasty.... i hope our class isnt falling behind... cause our teacher just blabs like no tommorow and gets off topic

-bonfire

HSC
I don't think we are doing French Revolution, we started on Romanovs straight away.
I know we're doing Arab-Israeli conflict later, I heard thats really shit ):

deliberately

HSC
skilli21 said:
hey i'm doing JFK too..
have you watched the Oliver Stone movie? I have a massive assignment due on it!!
yeah i've seen it - quite like it too - but we still haven't been told what our assessment is on... i think it might be newspaper articles. good luck though.

Borbor

HSC
Ahhh damn you guys sound like you're having fun with your modern :(

We're doing Nazi Germany for a term, which is just a rehash but more in depth of year 10 WWII stuff. Then we move onto Romanov Dynasty and then Arab-Israeli conflict.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)