Module A - In the Wild (1 Viewer)

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Holy shit, you wrote something coherently. You're moving up in the world, boy.

How did I answer it? Badly. I misinterpreted the question and wrote a fucking ton on context, and ran out of time to finish my ramblings on the actual Wild itself.

live.fast

HSC
N/A
i misinterpreted it too..

yeah i think i did what you did...

sooooo FUKED....

isn't there some process that allows misinterpreted responses to be marked on normal basis if the interpretation is accepted as an unforseen possible response to the question by markers?

coz if not IM FUKEDDDD

fuk
d
dddd

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Mmmm, I didn't have a strong enough argument, since I was expecting to write about BOTH similarities and differences, well generally more on similarities...
I felt my techniques and quotes weren't strong enough and didn't help too much in answering the question. But who knows.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
live.fast said:
isn't there some process that allows misinterpreted responses to be marked on normal basis if the interpretation is accepted as an unforseen possible response to the question by markers?
....Or not. It's not entirely an 'unforseen question'. After all, all the questions are unforseen.

(On a side note, it's spelt 'fuck'.)

live.fast

HSC
N/A
the responses i mean ??

like if its a possible tangent response, that markers aren't expecting, but still have to make provision for and mark normally because its valid to the way the question is worded - isn't there something for this?

hscbec101

HSC
I did Brave New World and Blade Runner and i spoke about the context and the differences in Huxleys and Scotts context. I wrote about rhe abuse of power and personal beaucracy and how they are different. Cos both composers explore that. Wrote about 7.5 on it

Better than Paper 1

Maddy1012

HSC
live.fast said:
the responses i mean ??

like if its a possible tangent response, that markers aren't expecting, but still have to make provision for and mark normally because its valid to the way the question is worded - isn't there something for this?

no, if you think about it. If you walked into any other exam and wrote the wrong answer there not going to give you marks because you misinterpreted the question. They are probably going to assume you learnt a preprepared essay. You'll get 15/20 if its any decent though.

lifesucks

Nerd And Proud of It
HSC
Yeah, a tricky question. i stated that my two differences are the protrayal of natural environment and natural rhythms, and the differences stem from their contexts blah blah. couldnt think of a more complicated issue to compare with.

its more or less my prepared, because i structured that as:
natural environment BNW,
natural environment BR,
natural rhythms BNW,
natural rhythms BR.

my friends all had some more complicated issues, such as theme of religion, urbanisation or something and said the two texts portray them differently. which made me feel a bit inadequate actually....

kloudsurfer

HSC
That was crap.

My essay plan was based more on similarities than differences. I basically still focused on the similar themes (eg natural environment, dehumanisation etc) but said that they were influenced by different context and they used different techniques to portray the idea.

It was all a bit sketchy though. I think i still managed to do ok.

Thumper

HSC
No one else seems to understand what you are saying so...

If you interpret it a different way, but makes sense, even if the markers didn't foresee it you get marked normally, yes.

That said, it does have to be plausible. Like they actually have to see the link between the question and your interpretation. i.e. if you answered a different question, or left out parts of the question (as seems to be your problem?) you are going to be penalised.

I didn't even read the second paragraph of the question. All i read was about the different individuals and natural environment perspectives. Luckily, i actually talked about the differences in depth, and did 2!

Is it true that ~90/105 from both papers is the equivalent band 6?

hoca pontis

HSC
this question blew me away...differences...... i thought i should have said similarities...
the way i answered was i spent the first page crossing things out and starting again, then i noted the first difference of being different contexts...then i said that that nature is presented to be different...in BNW, its marginalised and segregated, where as in BR, it is totally decimated. thats all. i only wrote 4 pages on it (including my crossed out page) so that gives me a grand total of 3 pages of response. ha, as if that will get me any good marks.
the point is, i suck at english.... so if you've attempted the english paper 2, you know that you're not at the bottom..i've got that covered.

Jessica14

HSC
Yeh i thought it was a little difficult. i wasnt expecting differences.

I spoke about

bnw control
br control
bnw humanity vs. nature
br humanity vs. nature

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
I wrote about:
What brought about alienation from nature (BNW: Control, BR: Greed)
Spirituality (BNW: Religion replaced, BR: Unable to connect, replicants more spiritual)

It looks better here than I think I wrote it in my exam, I was all over the place.

morganforrest

HSC
It was an extremely narrow question and I feel our option was a little harder than the others.

Anyway, I wrote about the way nature is presented in both texts and how this is a product of their contexts.
Then I addressed differing views on the nature of redemption for humanity; the reunification of humanity with its natural rhythms

Kinda sounds shit when I write it here but it wasn't so bad. I was jolted by the question though. Rarely is this module so specific

HSC
y did the question have to take on a contrasting perspective ><

it could;ve at least asked for both similarities and differences

stupid examination, *shakes fist*

oh well, thats the end of advanced at least =D

who feels a lot better now that english is out of the way?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)