Module A - Transformations (1 Viewer)

punkbabe89

HSC
Hamlet -> Ros + Guil
Context, Genre/Form/Language, Hamlet.
Probably failed.
Easy enough question, but i've done nothing on it all year and made most of it up.

stariiskiez

HSC
i did hamlet/ ros and guil. When i first looked at the question, i thought "excuse me... how again?" But it worked out well at the end. The two elements i did was free will/ determinism and life/ death.

ballyy

HSC
i did e/c and was kind of sneaky.. i used the transformation of both character and theme as my two elements, but within them i looked at emma/cher and knightley/josh, love/marriage and class/status. so i could still say that it was two elements.

lil mon

HSC
dwatt said:
I had difficulty only talking about TWO themes to be honest. I wanted to talk about social structure of both, the notion of bildungsroman, and marriage and love etc.

So I chose to "integrate" a few paragraphs on social structure into the growth to moral awareness, by saying that the heroine's sense of superiority is derived from their social position, wealth, independence etc. etc.

Do you think BOS will see through this? (essentially, I talked about three things, but rather obviously decided to merge two).
I did the exact same thing as you. My notions were characterisation, setting, rural parochialism and self reform. But i twisted it so that i integrated characterisation with self reform because they essentially enhance each other and setting and rural parochialism as they also complement each other.
I dont think we'll lose marks for this because BOS is ultimately looking for these skills. Obviously, you wont be able to integrate the themes if you dont have a thorough understanding of both texts.

lil mon

HSC
dwatt said:
I had difficulty only talking about TWO themes to be honest. I wanted to talk about social structure of both, the notion of bildungsroman, and marriage and love etc.

So I chose to "integrate" a few paragraphs on social structure into the growth to moral awareness, by saying that the heroine's sense of superiority is derived from their social position, wealth, independence etc. etc.

Do you think BOS will see through this? (essentially, I talked about three things, but rather obviously decided to merge two).
I did the exact same thing as you. My notions were characterisation, setting, rural parochialism and self reform. But i twisted it so that i integrated characterisation with self reform because they essentially enhance each other and setting and rural parochialism as they also complement each other.
I dont think we'll lose marks for this because BOS is ultimately looking for these skills. Obviously, you wont be able to integrate the themes if you dont have a thorough understanding of both texts.

SimoneL

HSC
I thought this was a really good question. I did emma/clueless and talked about social structures and the status of women in society. It was good for me cos all my notes were basically based around those 2 elements...HOORAY NO MORE ENGLISH!!!

Scorch

HSC
In terms of elements, I talked about more textual elements in relation to context. My two were the characterisation in both, and the ironic voice, and how both composers use them in markedly different manners, but to the same purpose - to reinforce and retain interest in the values of society.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)