Module B - Critical Study of Texts (1 Viewer)

caroline86

module b

my question didn't have the word extract so for a moment i thought that i had misread the question but when i looked back on it... it said for me... pick two poems (cuz i did poetry) so maybe from looking at other people's questions you could have worked out that extract meant extract (a section of your text) :S

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
withoutaface said:
WTF did extract mean? Does that mean a whole scene or just a quote?

No idea. I did whole scenes, but I did King Lear so quotes seemed kind of inappropriate and i talked about other versions (Brook, Blessed, Brandon) WAAAAY to much and not enough about my interpretation and context.
PLUS i didn't finish. Thought i had 2 minutes left for a conclusion... guess what? I didn't. The words "time out" and the frantic rush to scribble out the unfinished last three sentences will haunt me for a long time to come.

BlindGuardian

just like to say Wuthering Heights is gay....does anyone even do wuthering heights besides my class???

Jezzabelle

Funsize86 said:
Module B was sooo stupid, i only ended up doing one speech really well and 1 paragraph of the next... stupid 40min. Some people from my school wrote two booklets for every module and they sure as hell aint got no big writing! I say FREAKS!
that was a beautifully articulated first post, congrats

Last edited by a moderator:

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Shakespeare should die.

We should make him come back to life and kill him...slowly.....slowly...

Last edited:

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
matty - thats what my class said about our teacher too.

I don't think many of the teachers would have known?

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
Misturi and mattycoss, I don't actually think it's part of what they teach you...it just kind of goes without saying that you should have an opinion and an interpretation of what you're studying. Didn't you? Surely when you read other people's interpretations of the texts you agreed with some and disagreed with others? I just don't see how you can get by with studying something without actually forming an opinion, even if it's unintentional or subconscious.

chicaraca

Australierin
HSC
N/A
BlindGuardian said:
just like to say Wuthering Heights is gay....does anyone even do wuthering heights besides my class???
yes i was also unfortunate enough to have to suffer through Wuthering Heights. What is with Emily Bronte?! Doesn't she have anything better to do besides writing a "novel"?

As if Catherine and Heathcliff's love would transcend the mere physical and superficial...

I have to agree with Victorian critic Douglas Jerrold's summary of Bronte's text, “the reader is shocked, disgusted, almost sickened by details of cruelty, inhumanity, and the most diabolical hate and vengeance”. That's posh Victorian speak for "what a retarded book. I could've instead read a Jane Austen, that would've been much more enjoyable" :)

natnaty

Gweny

my "hope fell headlong from its eagle height" when read question.
it was mainly: blah, blah, psychoanalitical and christian perspectives, personal context.
they'll have fun trying to read my essay, hope it makes sense.
good luck to all
: )

henry

HSC
withoutaface said:
FUCK YOU SHAKESPEARE.
FUCK YOU BOARD OF STUDIES.
I HOPE YOU FUCKING DIE IN YOUR SLEEP TONIGHT YOU BASTARDS.
Upon analysing your quote critically, from a pychoanalytical perspective. I detect deep mental anguish and a hatred embedded far within, towards the "board of studies"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)