Module B :Hamlet (1 Viewer)

sannous1

HSC
Hey guys, just wandering what exactly are we supposed to do in this module, im really confused :S. I understand the play, is this module mainly based on themes ? thanks

zarlaya11

HSC
Hey,

I think basically that it is about the different perspectives of what the meaning of Hamlet is. For exmaple, how Hamlet can be seen from a Freudian perspective, femenist perspective etc... Like seeing the play through different filters.

I did Dracula last year for the similar module, its kind of like that.

Hope it helped!

s.succari

HSC
yer i am doing hamlet as well and i dont understand wat they would want us to do in the Hsc???

jellybelly59

HSC
Hey,

I think basically that it is about the different perspectives of what the meaning of Hamlet is. For exmaple, how Hamlet can be seen from a Freudian perspective, femenist perspective etc... Like seeing the play through different filters.

I did Dracula last year for the similar module, its kind of like that.

Hope it helped!
wrong

P.S: sorry i'll justify that as soon as i get back to this thread tommorow

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
wrong

P.S: sorry i'll justify that as soon as i get back to this thread tommorow
jellybelly is correct.

the point of module B is to develop YOUR OWN intepretation of the text, then look at other interpretations and compare them.

lynton

HSC
hey yer im doing Hamlet too. i think its about developing your own informed personal understanding and response, whilst critially analysing the language conext etc

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Go look at Past questions on King Lear; they module the same, and the question are pretty similar to what we'll come across.

pman

Banned
HSC
you need to develop your own response and understanding of the play, basically, become the director and know what you would have happen at different scenes. you also need to be able compare your response with those of others so go see a production of the play, the Harlos one, now showing at the bondi pavilion is quite amusing. The play is set in Nazi denmark, etc etc. just make sure your understanding of the play is yours and not someone elses, also read the rubric and the support document for teachers, both are very useful.

spazamataz

HSC
From my understanding you analyse the construction, content and language used to develop your understanding of the play, as well as analyse others interpretations of the play.
Any ideas on how to notate this?
We have only just finished reading Hamlet, and trials are in a week, my teacher is not being very helpful, but yeah thats what she told us to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)