Module b speeches predictions!? (1 Viewer)

theduckforces

HSC
N/A
What do you guys reckon? My teacher says they will prob specify the new ones, but other teachers think they will leave it open cause we have a new set of speeches

EDIT: also if you got thrown off with a speech you didnt prepare much, would you do three big body para with one para on each speech incl. specified and two prepared/most confident speeches?
Or just bullshit the specified for two paragraphs

Last edited:

astroman

HSC
What do you guys reckon? My teacher says they will prob specify the new ones, but other teachers think they will leave it open cause we have a new set of speeches
90% sure it will be left open, in 2009 when the belonging AOS was first introduced they did not specify a speech, same for 2004 when journeys was introduced, so in 2015 when discovery is first tested they are likely to carry on the same tradition.

matchalolz

HSC
I think 50% specified (new speech), 50% left open. However, keeping in mind that the question being left open could lend itself better to certain speeches.

In my trial they specified a new one and I was fkn lucky because it was one of the two I studied. I'm honestly going to try and study them all though (bar william deane)

astroman

HSC
I think 50% specified (new speech), 50% left open. However, keeping in mind that the question being left open could lend itself better to certain speeches.

In my trial they specified a new one and I was fkn lucky because it was one of the two I studied. I'm honestly going to try and study them all though (bar william deane)
what does bar william deane mean?

theduckforces

HSC
N/A
90% sure it will be left open, in 2009 when the belonging AOS was first introduced they did not specify a speech, same for 2004 when journeys was introduced, so in 2015 when discovery is first tested they are likely to carry on the same tradition.
But this is for paper 2, which is separate from AOS..
But i see your point in that it is a new syllabus and modules so they might be lenient. But they also only started specifying speeches from 2011, so we cannot but completely sure they will not specify this time round with the syllabus.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
what does bar william deane mean?
I said I'll post after HSC but I've been lurking around a bit so I might as well post now ...

It means "except for William Deane" (Bar / Barring = Except For / Excluding) because he was specified last year

+ I'm taking the exact same approach as you matcha and in regards to your laptop for Uni thread, get the latest surface

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A
It means "except for William Deane" (Bar / Barring = Except For / Excluding) because he was specified last year
I'll legit laugh my ass off if it's William Deane specified again.

Do you guys reckon they'll ask for a theme or look at rhetoric?

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
I'll legit laugh my ass off if it's William Deane specified again.

Do you guys reckon they'll ask for a theme or look at rhetoric?
Probably but it's defs not going to be something along the lines of national identity

They'll shift the focus towards things like unity, literature and gender relations

I've seen questions referring to the speaker's rhetoric and how it makes the speech more effective

I just hope they don't specify anything on Lessing I've barely got anything on her speech -_-

Chris_S

HSC
If it is Atwood I will be so pissed! lol :(

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
maybe, but this is module B not paper 1. The chances of it being specified are probably very similar year to year because the "critical study" idea hasn't actually changed. There is only slightly a greater chance of being open this year, but do not count on it, know your stuff.

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A
Probably but it's defs not going to be something along the lines of national identity

They'll shift the focus towards things like unity, literature and gender relations

I've seen questions referring to the speaker's rhetoric and how it makes the speech more effective

I just hope they don't specify anything on Lessing I've barely got anything on her speech -_-
There is approximately 1 (one) speech to which gender relations can be applied sensibly.

AntarcticMonkeys

HSC
Is anyone half anticipating the specified speech?
I'm hoping for Lessing or Sadat and not Brooks or Atwood. Lessing was specified in our trials and it's a new one that I like a lot so if bostes wants to help my atar ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) they could be nice give us Lessing

Chris_S

HSC
Links between Atwood and Lessing?

Last edited:

theduckforces

HSC
N/A

Oh thank god, i hardly have anything prepared for Keating or Pearson and they focus on national identity the most. Hopefully they ask about unity or literature. Anything to do with austrlian history i am fucked

theduckforces

HSC
N/A
Links between Atwood and Lessing?
Equality on the basis of literature, atwood wants diversity of women and lessing says that we all have a story maker in all of us and we all equal to create stories. Weak link but its something..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)