Module C: Caesar Discussion (1 Viewer)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
The forums don't seem to be as structured as last year, so we should create individual threads for each text to facilitate better discussion.

ushnakhalid

HSC
i just hope bos is flexible with 'power' because everyone seems to have interpreted it in a different way. I thought it was the authorial power of the composers to portray events/personalities in certain ways in order to serve contextual purposes etc

MadLife

HSC
I focused on the influence power can have on one's perspective in conjunction with hidden, distorted or omitted truths. I supported this by the composers selective use of rhetoric, representation etc..

funnal

HSC
I just did how his powerful image in public undermines the truth of his private life..

hungry

HSC
wow

I just realised I misinterpreted the word prevail
for some reason I was thinking "unveil" or something similar
now my whole essay probably makes no sense :'(

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Power of rhetoric, power of bias, power of personalities, power of representations

unfortunately i only wrote 4 pages a little bit :( no time
lel yeah I talked about all these coz who knows what power they were referring to

acidsushi

HSC
i just hope bos is flexible with 'power' because everyone seems to have interpreted it in a different way. I thought it was the authorial power of the composers to portray events/personalities in certain ways in order to serve contextual purposes etc
Same here, I discussed how external influences and powers can impact on the disparate behaviours and emotions within an individual - rather than conflict between two different individuals. Fak.

hungry

HSC
wait did I do the right question for this

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
Lel, I completely argued against the question. "Function of truth rather than power". I argued how power could simply present biased perspectives and I also spoke about ambition and stuff. I can't remember what I wrote about the Truth part, but I really enjoyed righting my mod c essay. Overall great question, and no surprises this year for English!

russ3l

HSC
I actually provided points for and against the provided statement (after all the question did say: discuss). So, on one side, I talked about how prevailing perspectives are a function of power, being the power of rhetoric in manipulating individual standpoints and furthering self-serving agendas blahblahblah. On the other side, I talked about how composers can use the tension created by conflicting perspectives to expose the truths regarding human affairs - eg the impossibility for an objective reality to exist as personal beliefs permeate all responses

Overall I basically said the perspectives that prevail, and therefore conflict, are inherently derivative of the power of rhetoric and truths pertaining to the human condition.

Constantine

HSC
I focused on external power of the composers whilst a lot of my friends focused on power within a text which I only alluded to.
So yeah, whether or not they're flexible with 'power' is definitely critical.

Tink

HSC
I focused on external power of the composers whilst a lot of my friends focused on power within a text which I only alluded to.
So yeah, whether or not they're flexible with 'power' is definitely critical.
I did the same thing. So, fingers crossed.

jdennis

HSC
Overall I basically said the perspectives that prevail, and therefore conflict, are inherently derivative of the power of rhetoric and truths pertaining to the human condition.
big words = band 6

kev-

HSC
I argued it saying that conflicting perspectives are first established through the use of power --> then it is shifted towards the other perspective through the manipulation of form and language techniques to develop the 'truth' of the situation.

thoughts?

pheelx3

l33t
HSC
well I did it as if it was the "power of composers" and since it's a function of power, i further emphasised that "the truth is only a construct"

pheelx3

l33t
HSC
I argued it saying that conflicting perspectives are first established through the use of power --> then it is shifted towards the other perspective through the manipulation of form and language techniques to develop the 'truth' of the situation.

thoughts?
that is am amazingly eloquent way of putting it.
kudos to you (damn wish i had thought of that)

IR

HSC
Power of rhetoric, power of bias, power of personalities, power of representations

unfortunately i only wrote 4 pages a little bit :( no time
Same. I really hit me hard cos the question didnt fit a lot of my essay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)