Module C - Powerplay (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
So how did you all go? Pain or glory?

<3 powerplay

*ccs*

powerplay killed it...it was such a good question... and writing was easy..thank god

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
Question probably threw people off because of its wording but in the end, it was not very comlicated at all. Yay for essays.

fakingtheday

HSC
Yep so many in my class was thrown but as soon as i saw it i got the crux. Loved it, but i did Supp, Shakespeare the Supp because my first supp was my strongest.

Mz_mE

Hoxton Park, Sydney (under a rock with the turtles
HSC
the question totally threw me off.. i was really confused.. maybe it was exam pressure.. but i wrote all i knew about powerplay in general and tried as much as i could to the question.. i dont no if i interpreted the q correctly.. powerplay.. a&c and related texts

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
Wasn't too bad really, fairly straight forward question with no real surprises to it. Happy with how i went with this one, definately.

chook_223

HSC
stupid question

i thought the question was ok but i didnt really know it was asking me to do so i just said all the time that the composers of the texts deliberately used certain techniques to emphasize how the characters interact and shit like that. i did this question last it took bout 35 minutes. but yeah i just made it up. is that right??

raspb3rry

♥♥♥
HSC
Noooo, I ran out of time! I think I understood the question, but my essay was like summarised three times coz I was out of time! My second related didn't even make sense >.>, I just put down the quote and didn't even get to explain (.\ /.)!! No conclusion either, so that just sucks!

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
I hated the question, but if fit well with my related texts than it did the prescribed I think. I used Dale Carnegie and a cartoon. Both of which I studied for this morning.

sarahsid

yeh.. it wasnt bad actually, i left it til the end too, but i only had about 25 mins, i ended up writing 10 pages for it tho.. so pretty happy. the quote was so easy to relate to all my texts..

whooooooooo no more english.. ever!

thunderdax

I AM JESUS LOL!
HSC
This question fit really well with my texts. First time I saw it I thought "I'm dead" but it ended up being a fairly good essay i think.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
the question was perfectly adaptable to all the texts...i developed a nice thesis...overall happy. :)

MeehShanku

MeehShankU
HSC
Can som1 plz explain what the question meant plz.

"At the heart of representation are acts of delibrate selection and emphasis"

i just said the biggest bs.

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
i had no idea what the quote was about, i was really really confused, i just ended up regurgitating out my normal essay and tagging the quote behind on paragraphs and stuff like that... i hope i answered the question, i sort had to cut my last bit on 1984 out, damn, it had technique and stuff as well!

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
ok really it comes down to ur interpretation.....at the heart of representation= your prescribed + selected texts and their representation of powerplay.

acts of delibrate selection and emphasis= How through clear examples, situations, developments, characters do composers emphasise their representation of powerplay..(e.g: political expediency over principle, victory of pragmatism etc)...HOW= techniques.....Really depends on how you look at the question.

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
zahid said:
ok really it comes down to ur interpretation.....at the heart of representation= your prescribed + selected texts and their representation of powerplay.

acts of delibrate selection and emphasis= How through clear examples, situations, developments, characters do composers emphasise their representation of powerplay..(e.g: political expediency over principle, victory of pragmatism etc)...HOW= techniques.....Really depends on how you look at the question.
Thats essentially how I interpreted it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)