Money spent on tuition (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
omg its so hard to calculate

i swapped tutors a few times, and i had my brothers helping me too so yeah i cant vouch for effectiveness

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
My parents spent like around $20000 for me n my sis (we're twins) for year 11 and 12, i started like term 2 year 11. It's quite a lot b'cos I have only been in Australia for about more than 3 yrs, and ofcourse when I started tutoring we had not settled very well in.

It was worth it for all subjectc,
Maths 2u/3u, English, Chem and Physics.

though i wish i did better in Physics and Chem...after the exam i thought i did well, but its kinda not good.

Well yeah, its over, and my mum and dad happy with the UAI, since i have been here for a very short time and still managed to do well :)

s2ophie

HSC
$24 for chem for maybe 20-30 weeks. The lesson to be learnt is should never of studied chemistry

is a roflcopter
HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner

I jigged about 5 weeks of northshore per term. about 10 weeks each term
ahh jigging tutoring
its the worst feeling but fuck i cant sit down on a saturday and do work :D

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
I t hink the big thing is motivation... and a good teacher
I used to go to a certain place in Yagoona (not TIPPS), the teacher was funny as, and so were my classmates, but he wasn't that great so I only went for social reasons

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
ahh yes i jigged north shore quite a bit too
i think in the last term i probably went to 3/8 lessons :D
yes a waste of money... absolutely useless yet parents force you to go because they think it helps no matter what you say...

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by bubz :D
my friend's parents spent so much... she went to matrix in strathfield, eesh :) hope she did well...
matrix is a total waste i reckon.. its one of the worest tutoring places u can go to... (no offence to anione who goes there)

Originally posted by Ragerunner
I jigged about 5 weeks of northshore per term. about 10 weeks each term

i was tutored 3U maths at northshore. i ended up dogging 3U in my UAI calculation.
north shore and i are like a couple who are forced to be in a marriage..... i fall asleep while the teacher rambles on.... north shore maths is a bit of a waste...

Originally posted by Newbie
ahh jigging tutoring
its the worst feeling but fuck i cant sit down on a saturday and do work :D
know wot u mean.. esp when its 9am on a sunday morning..

Originally posted by tonberry_kun
ahh yes i jigged north shore quite a bit too
i think in the last term i probably went to 3/8 lessons :D
yes a waste of money... absolutely useless yet parents force you to go because they think it helps no matter what you say...
i jigged abt 3 lessons per term... and i feel absoluteli shit cuz of wasting money but its sooo boring.... teacher's voice was v hypnotic...

Rahul

Dead Member
i spent $25 pw for physics for ~20 weeks, and my result for it was less than what i would have liked.
spent $100-150 in going to workshops and education days at unis, etc.

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
tutoring works for people like me who go to a crap school where most teachers dont teach e.g. my chem, Physics and English teahcers!

MilfordSound

I See the people that pay for tutoring obviously were not tutored themselves
wouldnt it be easier just to study, get a decent UIA and pay full fare to get into uni?
or better yet, just try harder

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by clever angel
no tutoring n i ended up getting a UAI of 95.85~~~
which proves once again that tutoring is a waste of money
Originally posted by MilfordSound
I See the people that pay for tutoring obviously were not tutored themselves
wouldnt it be easier just to study, get a decent UIA and pay full fare to get into uni?
or better yet, just try harder
yes, but asian parents arent exactly the brightest

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
My parents probably spent about $900 approx on chem tutoring for me this year, and about $300 on study guides. And $30 on school fees lol. So not too bad. I got rank 1 in chem, only got a HSC mark of 85 though.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
i think i prbly spent bout $600 bucks on private english tutoring, but it was well worth it, considering it fully boosted my english marks, and its the only money i've spent on tutoring in my life...

AGB

HSC
tutoring is valuable only if you are actually going to do the work the tutor sets and pay attention........i know people whose parents thought they needed a tutor, so they paid $80 an hour for fancy tutors, but the boys didnt wanna do it and it ended up being a complete waste of money.......

spice girl

magic mirror
but then again we can't blame parents for wasting money on misguided tuition; being able to buy your kid a better mark is quite an attractive option

unmentionable

HSC
is private english tutoring really good? i mean does it really boost your marks up even though ur not really an english person?
ive always thought english tutoring was a waste of money
but now considering my english marks, i really need a tutor and my parents want me to get one too
so im just wondering if its really any help o_O

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
errrm prob a bit less than 200 bucks. for 4u maths. just with a friend and i went to a random tutor a few times too. maybe 6 sessions all up.
anyway, maths was my worst subject by far :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)