Money vs Lifestyle (1 Viewer)

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Money, it can buy me my lifestyle needs and material items that can make me enjoy life. Money can also buy cheapskate friends. Plus, I'd rather endure work and come home in a mansion rather than enjoy work and come home to a crap hole.

likingtherain

HSC
N/A
to hell with the money, give me the kick arse job, then I'll marry into the money.

HSC
This situation is like a book.

You can pick up a book, read the blurb and the last page in a few minutes and then do other stuff (Like the money option)

Or you can sit down and read the whole thing, but you've wasted a whole day. (the other option)

Wait a minute, never mind that.

But I honestly don't know what I'd rather do. Sure the lifestyle option is a bit more tempting, but if this meant I had to shop at Aldi....

louy

HSC
N/A
Money isnt everything in life. The best things in life are free - friends, family, laughter and happiness.

But money is still important. Money means I can spend more time pursuing the things I love.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Money isnt everything in life. The best things in life are free - friends, family, laughter and happiness.

But money is still important. Money means I can spend more time pursuing the things I love.
this is true.

unfortunately no money means no bus ride home and that means i resort to being a stowaway or negotiate without harm.

louy

HSC
N/A
this is true.

unfortunately no money means no bus ride home and that means i resort to being a stowaway or negotiate without harm.
I know what you mean. I certainly want enough money for a bus ride - or a flash car.

But I also dont wanna work 24 hours a day to make a ton of cash but have no time to enjoy it.

My mate works like 18 hours a day and makes twice as much as me. No time is also a route to unhappiness

Starstruck

HSC
N/A
Hard question.

I'd probably go with lifestyle especially if my co-wokers were my friends and each day was just shitloads of fun... But it would suck to not have money :(

I suppose you could always marry rich tho? and get the best of both worlds.

Daipire

HSC
I reckon that the money would be better.

Even the most exciting job can get boring over time...
"Oh man, i have to inspect her boobies again!?"

But with the moneys i could be...
"Who wants FREE MONEY?!?"

kent66

HSC
N/A
Money Talks Bullshit Walks
99% questionnaire answer is money.

HSC
N/A
i take lifestyle to a certain extent:

don't choose:

a) professions where one's earnings in a lifetime are capped at 75k or significantly less per annum, BUT, derived satisfaction is greater than in choice (b);

b) professions where one's earnings in a lifetime range between 75k-150k or more per annum, BUT, derived satisfaction is less than in choice (a);

choose:

c) professions where one's earnings are capped in 75-120k per annum range, AND, derived satisfaction is less than in choice (a) AND greater than in choice (b).

Form you're own opinions depending on what satisfies you, but, my opinions on such professions are:

a) medical/veterinary nurses, midwives, police officer/detective, fire fighter, ambo, scientist, carpenter, teacher, architect, academics,

b) accountant, actuary, investment banking, financial analyst, non-trial lawyer/barrister, computer programer, un-stimulating engineering(elect, telecom, computer, enviro),

c) doctor, surgeon, dentist, optom, physio(bias much?), pharmacist, trial lawyer/barrister (particularly criminal/negligence/IP, academic/engineer (civil) in stimulating field etc

Basically, imo b) are all repetitive, limited human contact, boring, maths based, making profit for some soulless corporation, long hours, limited work/life balance but high income/prestige;

imo c) are stimulating, less repetitive, high human contact, not boring, clinical/diagnostic based, nothings the same thing every fukn day for the next 40 years of your working life, making profit for yourself and patient, okay hours(not docs, but gp's do), decent work life balance, decent pay - income which is more than comfortable, high prestige, BUT hard to get into, just like some in (b),

Basically your going to work for the next 35-40 years, the arguement that "i'd rather come home to a mansion but suffer at a dead end job" is BS, cos once you leave school you'll realise that we all can't be IB'ers, top end barristers, qualify as actuaries, financial planners etc so 1. you prob wont have a mansion, and 2. will still be stuck in a boring job......

So pick a career in category c! cos when you're married and earning 85K + (< or >85K) between both of you, and a stimulating job is a pretty rosy life.

I know what i'm picking.

Last edited:

Monika D

HSC
you earn money to spend on things you enjoy. but if you enjoy your job, then youre a step ahead of everyone else. youre all greedy, no wonder all these business workers in sydney are grumpy. i doubt many of you have worked in a particularly horrible environment.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
you earn money to spend on things you enjoy. but if you enjoy your job, then youre a step ahead of everyone else. youre all greedy, no wonder all these business workers in sydney are grumpy. i doubt many of you have worked in a particularly horrible environment.
exactly.

just think of those glorious engineers working in those dusty factories and other industrial facilities.

motherfucking business workers.

"oh look at me! i need a latte at 1:00pm sharp or ill break down!!!"
"oh look at me! the air conditioning isnt set at exactly 18 degrees Celsius, i cant work!!"

Intermission

HSC
This thread saddens me. Anyone who has, completely unashamedly, answered money, you are a selfish prick. Could you please, just for one pregnant second, consider social relativity, economic relativity? We are ALL fucking filthy rich. Just take a step outside yourselves, outside our blindingly fortunate society and get some perspective.

Also, grow up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)