Money vs Lifestyle (1 Viewer)

-allen23-

HSC
Would you prefer entering a career that you dont enjoy though earn shit load of money
or end up doing the sickest funnest job though earn little money???

you only live onceee

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Would you prefer entering a career that you dont enjoy though earn shit load of money
or end up doing the sickest funnest job though earn little money???

you only live onceee
meh, i'd go with the second option...at least i'd wake up excited and happy to go to work, rather then waking up each day disgruntled and on the verge of tears >.<

PattieBoi

HSC
Money.

Why?

Because with money I can also have the sickest funnest time without working.

HSC
Money.

Money + power + physical attractiveness = the only quantifiable way to show that you're better than others.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Money. It buys a lifestyle.

Lets say person A takes a job cooking for Contiki tours in Europe. They get to see Europe for free - yay! It pays shit, they have to deal with drunk bogans all the time. Person B works for a heartless professional services firm (law, accountancy, etc) and makes a bundle. They pay money and go on an awesome holiday, where they want, when they want, with whom they want and doing what they want.

Realistically the only lifestyle jobs which are better than just making a pile of money are the ones where you don't have to work at all and just do [insert awesome stuff here] all the time. Newsflash: They don't exist. No one will pay you to have fun and do no work.

Pro-athletes might enjoy their sport - probably not the part where they train all day every day and have strict diets. Travel journalists end up jetlagged, catching midnight flights, staying in crap hotels and living hand-and-mouth hoping that their stories sell. Etc Etc.

Time to grow up and earn money folks.

klaris

HSC
To quote Jerry Maguire 'show me the money!'. Although who said you can't enjoy your job and live in comfort (esp. if you have a high-paying job).

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Money. It buys a lifestyle.

Lets say person A takes a job cooking for Contiki tours in Europe. They get to see Europe for free - yay! It pays shit, they have to deal with drunk bogans all the time. Person B works for a heartless professional services firm (law, accountancy, etc) and makes a bundle. They pay money and go on an awesome holiday, where they want, when they want, with whom they want and doing what they want.

Realistically the only lifestyle jobs which are better than just making a pile of money are the ones where you don't have to work at all and just do [insert awesome stuff here] all the time. Newsflash: They don't exist. No one will pay you to have fun and do no work.

Pro-athletes might enjoy their sport - probably not the part where they train all day every day and have strict diets. Travel journalists end up jetlagged, catching midnight flights, staying in crap hotels and living hand-and-mouth hoping that their stories sell. Etc Etc.

Time to grow up and earn money folks.
This.

Money ftw :)

magickmidget

HSC
N/A
I'd much rather do something I enjoy. To hell with being miserable eight hours a day.

iNerd

Banned
HSC
money.
money = happiness.

how happy are you with a job u like from 9-6
and at home in a dingy apartment from 6-9 the next day
so seriously. how happy are you going to be those other 15 hrs

magickmidget

HSC
N/A
money.
money = happiness.

how happy are you with a job u like from 9-6
and at home in a dingy apartment from 6-9 the next day
so seriously. how happy are you going to be those other 15 hrs
I can make a dingy apartment pretty if need be. As long as I have my partner, my guitar and a couple of other things, eh.

Money doesn't buy happiness. Money buys things. You might want to rethink a few things if possessions are what keep you happy.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
money.
but dentistry should be .. fun?
yay teeth and gums and root canals all day, every day

mankmonkey

HSC
You really can't try to preach here, it's a question asking for a subjective response.

My choice is lifestyle because you dont need holidays if you like your job, but it's all about compromise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)