Monologue (1 Viewer)

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
butterflyxx said:
right kristy, i get the point lol. but i liked that jibberish clown guy! he was sooooo good!

i bought a monologue book from the performing arts bookshop and now i'm gonna pick one and devise. thanks for the help guys :D

no not jibberish clown guy th eother clown guy who actually spoke let me tell you i wanted to help him the jubbersishc clown guy i mean and hunni im still wanting you to do the pizza one you can always extend it by adding you bitting ur nails in the end!!!!!!!!!!
thats justa suggestion

butterflyxx

HSC
vogue said:
no not jibberish clown guy th eother clown guy who actually spoke let me tell you i wanted to help him the jubbersishc clown guy i mean and hunni im still wanting you to do the pizza one you can always extend it by adding you bitting ur nails in the end!!!!!!!!!!
thats justa suggestion
Yeh, the pizza one is quite good. I might combine the two and see how it goes. Thanks :D

Yeh i know which clown you're talking about ahah. You don't like that sad in your face one right?! lol poor guy.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Lord Pheasant said:
It was B. It wasn't funny though (although there were funny parts in it). It was like this guy with naturally pale skin who was sent to a concentration camp and mocked the nazis in front of children about to be killed. It was actually played by a girl though
that sounds so cool...wish i saw it :)

blueyez

HSC
i saw program A so i didnt see that one. sounds interesting.
the clown in program A, was 'an egocentric actor/clown/jester', very energetic and a little scary.

HSC
blueyez said:
i saw program A so i didnt see that one. sounds interesting.
the clown in program A, was 'an egocentric actor/clown/jester', very energetic and a little scary.
hey can u tell me a little more about that one like wat was the story line????

blueyez

HSC
ok, if i can remember correctly, this clown/jester/actor was basically talking to the audience about how he is constantly being judged by them and other critics and he feels he has to please them. it basically goes on like that for 8 min from what i can rememebr. its ver energetic and at one point he puts on a french accent and pretends to be a critic or something like that. if anyone else thought it had a completly different point feel free to correct me but thats how i saw it.

ps. sorry for the lateness of my reply, SuNrIse oVa sEa, i havnt been on the net in ages.

uberschveinen

HSC
You'd have to do a ridiculous amount of work in a very short timeframe. Unless you've done absolutely nothing on your monologue, just stick with it. And if you've taken this long to do nothing, changing won't help.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
butterflyxx said:
Is it too late to change from monologue to promotion ad program?
there's some sort of final date where you cant change your IP option, and i think its already past. someone correct me if im wrong. so no i dont think you can change now, and even if you could i wouldnt advise such a major change literally like a month (less even) before its all due... just keep working at what you have.

jaihson

HSC
kit scara said:
Any guys out there I have a hell of a play for you to do a monologue from. It's called "Rhinosceros" and it's translated from French, and it's about a town being taken over by rhinosceroses/rhinosceri and it's sort of political in away, but one scene has teh guy turning into one. I reckon it would be really effective if you did it right. Kind of weird, but hey, anything that distinguishes you from the rest of us, eh?
I did Rhinoceros for my IP last year. Yeah ur right, it is a good one to do.

Lil Miss Dee

HSC
i just found some random monologue off the net for my prelim assessment... and i recycled it and now im redoing it for my hsc... i changed it around a fair bit, but its good coz this monologue actually works...

i just need to get the physicalisation of the whole thing down pat

brookelyn-j

HSC
most of my school does monologues... i cant draw or promote, so that leaves performance... im thinking about being lizzie bennet...any thoughts?

piracer

HSC
i have about 7 people in my drama class and all of us wanted to take performance. it was funny, cos i knew like 3 couldnt act and my teacher had a talk with them, so now its 5 people that are gonna do monologues.

goosiegoo

HSC
I've done a duologue with Darcy and Lizzie Bennett.. just make sure you get the right amount of pride/prejudice going on. Heheh. Because the markers will have high expectations of it..

Bowds

HSC-ified
HSC
I'm doing an Eric Bogosian piece. Wake Up and Smell The Coffee 's opening monologue. Anyone know it or done it before?

BRIG200

HSC
hii yeahh im dyin with drama i havent found a monologuee andd im preety sure in like 2 weeks i hve 2 show wat ive done and present 2 minz on ittt........im just a lil screweddddddddddddddddddddddd

Sandchez2

HSC
kit scara said:
My drama teacher's been saying that you should just kind of start, and if it isn't what you end up doing foryou exam, it's okay, at least you've been acting, you know? So I wouldn't stress about it.

I've been writing a musical, but it doesn't have anything to do with school. I'd love to do a monologue from it, but aparently if you do something self devised your more likely to die a terrible terrible death.

Hey, any of you guys want to act or anything after you finish? Eventually I want to get a group of like ten people at the most and just travel around the room, performing musicals and plays and things that we'd write, we'd make the sets and costumes and share direction. Well, that little pipe dream's what's getting me though this year anyways.

Any guys out there I have a hell of a play for you to do a monologue from. It's called "Rhinosceros" and it's translated from French, and it's about a town being taken over by rhinosceroses/rhinosceri and it's sort of political in away, but one scene has teh guy turning into one. I reckon it would be really effective if you did it right. Kind of weird, but hey, anything that distinguishes you from the rest of us, eh?
every second person has done that piece
its a good piece
but yea
just WAY overdone

M3E3L3

HSC
ive written my own monologue which was recomended not to do. im not the best writter but ive managed to come up with a character that suits me, in stead of reading all the monologues that i didn't relate to and a big shock to me was that my teacher actually liked it and thats unusual so im pleased, wrighting my own monologue meant it was easier for me to remember the words so that is one positive, our teacher would like us to perform in front of an audience as much as possible and i performed for our schools Creative And Performing Arts (CAPA) show which was held last wed of last term i didnt know if i was ready or not but i got out on to the stage and i knew wot had to do so my advice to all u out there just get the audiences in as often as posible coz they are good specially for feedback

M3E3L3

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
aww, clowns are cool! :eek: .... am i the only one not afraid of them? lol.
hey yeah clowns are kewl my monologue piece is a clown but with a different twist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)