Most annoying book of all time (1 Viewer)

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
I think the whole Dan Brown thing is bad. I herad they're making a movie about the davinci code and that Tom Hanks is in it.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
chelzmalee said:
EMMA
EMMA
EMMA
EMMA!

I read the first 2 pages and nearly fell asleep. I don't see why we have to fucking read the peice of crap!!!
yeah i agree.... I didn't finish reading it because it was soo boring...

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
OZGIRL86 said:
yeah i agree.... I didn't finish reading it because it was soo boring...
No matter how boring Emma is, times it by a hundred and you have an idea of North and South :(

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
jebbie said:
No matter how boring Emma is, times it by a hundred and you have an idea of North and South :(
yeah north and south was quite a drag....there is a mini series for anyone who likes it. starts on ABC today? i dunno. check the guide

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
jebbie said:
and no matter how bad that is, times by a hundred and you have wild swans. If Mao's Little Red Book were the bible, Wild swans would be the anti-christ.

Crazy Horse

HSC
Sarah168 said:
yeah north and south was quite a drag....there is a mini series for anyone who likes it. starts on ABC today? i dunno. check the guide
Yea - the 2nd episode was on tonight. I watched the end of it and I think I'll probably try watch or tape the other two. I read it for school and it was a bit of a drag in some parts - then after I finished reading it our teacher decided to do Browning's poetry instead.

Worst book = The Da Vinci Code

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Mm.. The Mosquito Coast annoyed me a lot, but there are much worse books than that. e.g. The Da Vinci Code and other Dan Brown books.

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
worst book / Series: The Da Vinci Code, Deception Point, Angels and Demons, Digital Fortress- Man they are WAY too Hyped up... they are total rubbish.. and people they are FICTION books... ugh.. people keep going on and on and on and On about them.. .they are good airport books when you have to spend 8-10 hrs in a lobby or something.. not for actual 'lesiurely' reading.
mainly any book written by dan brown

HSC
A Clockwork Orange was really annoying to read. It might have been a great movie but the book just pissed me off because of all the language and slang that had been used. It made it way too hard to follow

Aznpsycho

Supplies!
HSC
N/A
Generic RA Salvatore fantasy. Fantasy and sci-fi hold no significance for these days, especially the ones who have Althiri/Karn'Tos/Nezzubazar aliens/demons/tentacle-monsters attacks the kingdom/planet/realm of Quel'thalas/Mithril caves/Ix and force a bunch of badly characterised people to go on a heroic quest to retrieve the horn of asgdsfa/anti-matter vector plotter/jewel of Nardis etc etc.

God, it's so painfully generic. You just mix and match strange unspellcheckable words, overuse descriptive language, and then package it for $19.95 at Dymocks.

The only ones I do like are Asimov, Clark, Pohl, and Pratchett. Why? They're somewhat different, and take a less cynical attitude to readers. Except Pohl, he's starting to drift towards Kevin J Anderson with The Other End of Time, but that's another rant for another day.

Oh, and I'm starting to really hate KJ Anderson. Especially his Star Wars books (and the last Legends of Dune novel). He has a way of making a bunch of insanely overpowered civilisations, and the fact that he crams so insanely much of the stuff in Dune inside a tiny time frame. Which murders the series. Plus, he has nowhere near as grandiose a writing style as Frank Herbert. It kinda sucked, because I read the prequels first before the original Dune, and I thought KJ's books were alright.

HSC
I can't believe people have mentioned Wild Swans, Heart of Darkness or Brave New World.

What's wrong with you people?

james_chappo

Neurotic To The Bone
HSC
Who the fuck said Brave New World - thats got to be one of the best books of all time. The most annoying book of all time has to be the bible!lol i'm a free spirit =)!

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Any school based text that you don't enjoy. Examples are Pagan's Crusade and some other book I really didn't like. Forgot the name.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
bazookajoe said:
Any school based text that you don't enjoy. Examples are Pagan's Crusade and some other book I really didn't like. Forgot the name.
RAW

many liked it, but i found it sort of...err...juvenile (please dont hurt me)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)