Most annoying book of all time (1 Viewer)

happy cup

has left BOS :)
HSC
N/A
I'd say the Divinci Code. Stupidest book ever written! I've never read it and I've heard enough about it not to. People get way too carried away with the book and it's full of crap!

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
DO NOT READ the bride stripped bare by whats her face. PUH-LEASE that whole 'anonymous' thing was such a publicity-ooh-it-must-be-controversial-if-the author doesnt want us to know who they are- stunt.

i wanted to see what all the hype was about -- read the first 30 pages and its written awfully - such a dry, plain surface read.

never again will i read anything in the top 10 unless of course persauded convincingly, might even read da vinci just to bag it out-- but i guess we should just take it as a'page turner' :rolleyes:

djmattyd

HSC
happy cup said:
I'd say the Divinci Code. Stupidest book ever written! I've never read it and I've heard enough about it not to. People get way too carried away with the book and it's full of crap!
I thought The Da Vinci Code was interesting, but written poorly. It could've been a better book, but the essential story was good.

Most annoying book...hmmm..I don't really read annoying books, but if I had to choose one, it would probably be "Empire of the Sun" by JG Ballad...I swear, this was the hardest book to read...I hated it.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
harry potter

harry potter first one was good, second was inviting, third started to get predictable, fifth proved the previous comment, sixth totally shit!

Then the movies --characterisation is the worst i ever seen, malfoy looks gay!

Gustus

HSC
sorry! Shakespeare

Currently I have to read King Lear. I'm not being annoying but I really can't get into the start. I haven't minded the others, like A Midsummer Night's Dream. I reckon the story line of this sounds good, but i can't follow the charcaters, let alone read past the forst few scenes.

lalaurenisme

HSC
Alex_H86 said:
It has to be Lord Of The Flies...how depressing :(
I won't argue with you on the depressing point. I haven't read the book, but I enjoyed the 1989 movie version. It is one of my biggest influences for my (VCE) Media Studies major production. :)

Alex_H86

CEO of BoS...
HSC
lalaurenisme said:
I won't argue with you on the depressing point. I haven't read the book, but I enjoyed the 1989 movie version. It is one of my biggest influences for my (VCE) Media Studies major production. :)

LOL, I just love the 'bouncing rock' off Piggie's head...we watched it as a class...needless to say we all laughed... :)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Munchy said:
the worst:

1. north and south by elizabeth gaskell (stupid 3U english - individual and society)
North and South wasnt THAT bad...*memories come back*...alright alright it was painful indeed :(

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Wuthering Heights. Blah. The characters are all so screwed up.

HSC
I really, really didnt like 'Wuthering Heights'.
I know its meant to be a classic, and like everyone else in my literature class loved it, but my god, i hated it

and yay funky_a agrees with me!

Last edited:

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
Books that have pop up pictures, with the little tabs, you pull on them and something happens...EG ( Spot )

I only hate these books when some inconsiderate bastard had torn the pop up picture, or broken/damaged the tabs. Thanks alot !! That ruins the whole book.

Riewe

HSC
Heart of Darkness, by Joseph Conrad i think his name is. My god that was absolutely BORING. But i had to read it for year 11, but when i got to the end, i was so bored by it that i wasn't taking anything in and i had absolutely no idea what happened throught the entire book. I think that any book in which you manage to finsih but have no idea what its about is deserving of the thread name.

bong_head

Well, uh, let's see...if you find a book annoying then...um..don't read it. Quite simple. Finding a BOOK annoying is very different to finding a SONG annoying cause you can save the trouble of being annoyed by a book simply by not reading it.

sarahxx

zapmaa
HSC
the Nargyn and the Stars or something had to read it for english in year 7 so so CRAP!!
so is jane eyre :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

jennylim

HSC
how can you find emma and harry potter annoying!!! they're 2 of my favourites!! (counting all 5 harry potters as 1).

that said i'm going to go for a school book. north and south by elizabeth gaskell OMG!!!! sooooo boring!!!!!! it's like she sat down and thought, alright, i'm going to write a novel about an individual in society and how both parties view economic, philosophic, religious and scientific paradigms........

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
jennylim said:
i'm going to go for a school book. north and south by elizabeth gaskell OMG!!!! sooooo boring!!!!!! it's like she sat down and thought, alright, i'm going to write a novel about an individual in society and how both parties view economic, philosophic, religious and scientific paradigms........
I know. And so our school has to chose it for Ext 1?
North and South should die.
I plan, when Im older and have enough money, to burn every single copy in exsistance. DIEEEE!!! :chainsaw:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)