Most annoying book of all time (1 Viewer)

davin

HSC
N/A
Frankenstein, Uncle Tom's Cabin, and anything at all recent by Michael Moore
(limiting this to books i've read in full...plenty i only raed part of, but would be tempted to list)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I was given Star Warped for christmas. Barry Trotter was pretty crap but I think this one might be worse.

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
davin said:
i think that was written to be that
I realise Barry Trotter was meant to be a parody, I just thought it'd be a FUNNY parody, not something lame like what it is.
Never finished it. One of the few books I haven't ever finished.

Lundy said:
I was given Star Warped for christmas. Barry Trotter was pretty crap but I think this one might be worse.
Wow, that's gotta be bad.

Last edited:

lalaurenisme

HSC
99.294387% of teen literature. Especially Australian teen literature.

I can't stand the way most authors of teen literature are old people, usually retired teachers, trying to write about 'iss-yews' in a manner supposedly accessible to the youth affected by them. Hence the almost uniform insertion of a)stupid alternamative names like 'Zen' or 'Cairo'; b)stupid namedropping of bands that made the JJJ Hottest 100 in 1994; and c)even more stupid dialogue that's apparently emulating the everyday vernacular of Australian youth.

Exception: I loved Tim Winton's teen novels when I was the same age as his protagonist, and, alongside some John Marsden, he's the only one I've read to have been truly successful in writing teen literature.

The rest of it makes me want to gouge my own eyes out. Then expatriate. Or perhaps not in that order, because moving country might be a tad easier with eyes.

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
Cloudstreet by Tim Winton
A Passage to India by EM Forster
The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy

they may be good, but god damn annoying.

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Yeah, i'd have to say Barry Trotter and the shamless paraody or the dead horse would be one of the worst.
They are shocking . Not funny at all.
The Matewix comming at a close second.
Random Chrissy and Bday presents and i read them. -dies-

jesscookie

HSC
Mr Lovepony said:
Heart of Darkness, hands down. It's a sad thing that you can't kill books.
agreed. i read that at least 3 times in year 11, and watched the movie about 8 times. how i wished for sweet sweet death...

HSC
Jane Austen Book Club, gawd, that author tried way way way too hard to sound profound and have oh so coincidental links with an epiphany in the end...with a mirroring story to the actual Jane Austen novels....eeek.

frootloop

HSC
I have a feeling that most (or even all) of the people that said they hated Wild Swans came from Sefton...

Yeah, I hate all the books they made us read in school too.

Burn, Emma, burn!

Muahahahahahaha!

klh

HSC
erm well a tthe time i didnt see it but no i think onit, the Goosebumps series...i cant believe i read alot of them and they all were never scary but lame...

walrusbear

HSC
Mr Lovepony said:
Heart of Darkness, hands down. It's a sad thing that you can't kill books.
heart of darkness is an excellent book! :confused:

Mr Lovepony

HSC
walrusbear said:
heart of darkness is an excellent book! :confused:
Nearly fell into a 1000 year coma reading that book. I don't know, maybe I'm intellectually challenged or something but the pages are still dripping wet from the saliva I've dribbled all over it while nodding off.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
The worst book I've ever had to force myself through was Dune by Frank Herbert. Perhaps it's simply due to my distaste of Science fiction, but I remember wondering how it would feel to stab myself in the head whilst struggling to keep my eyes on the page. Really really...really really really bad.

And anything by Nick Earls.

Libbster

HSC
snickerdoodle said:
The worst book I've ever had to force myself through was Dune by Frank Herbert. Perhaps it's simply due to my distaste of Science fiction, but I remember wondering how it would feel to stab myself in the head whilst struggling to keep my eyes on the page. Really really...really really really bad.
:eek: Dune is a great book! How can you say such things! :burn:

Most annoying book ever is definitely Maestro. We read it in Yr 11. Worst book ever! :chainsaw:

M.I.A-187

HSC
Dunno why everyone dun like da vinci code but its quite a good read for me. (Now don't start dissing me cause you might think i have poor taste.)

For annoying books, i say anything i have to do an essay on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)